Xbox Series X Audio Issues on TV speakers.

Discus and support Xbox Series X Audio Issues on TV speakers. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I played my game only recently, COD MW2 about 4 hours ago on my 3 week old Xbox series X and the sound worked fine. I then downloaded a new game via... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Julio Mark Salazar, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Xbox Series X Audio Issues on TV speakers.

I played my game only recently, COD MW2 about 4 hours ago on my 3 week old Xbox series X and the sound worked fine. I then downloaded a new game via the game pass to try later, Warhammer 40k Battlesector. After taking a break I went back to it and now the sound does not work at all on my new game or any other game and no sound on the dashboard either. I read various forums and I tried all settings and restarts and shut downs etc....and played with all different audio and display settings etc...checked cables too, but nothing works. I did notice that your last update had sporadic sound issues and was wondering if this was the problem. After messing about for quite some time I did get some intermittent sound cutting in and out, like

tuning in a radio, but nothing like it was. Please could you let me know how to fix this and get the sound working again. By the way the HDMI cable is brand new and changing the setting on the menu does not work either. Thank you.

:)

Julio Mark Salazar, Nov 30, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Julio

Sorry for the inconveniences, actually this is a known issue.
    Usually restarting or power cycling the console does the trick

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

It that is not your case please report the problem to the Xbox team:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...

“Some players have reported intermittent audio issues across the dashboard or when launching games or apps.
    If you encounter this behavior, be sure to report this issue and choose the Report with advanced diagnostics option. Make sure to include information like audio setup, when this issue occurred, troubleshooting steps tried, and other relevant info.
    Provide feedback to Team Xbox
    Workaround: Reboot the console and games should launch normally.”

Source:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

Don’t forget to be as detailed as possible, include your TV model, your audio setup, etc

————

If maybe you want to cover everything from your side try changing the HDMI audio output for your console.
    For example, if you’re using 5.1, change it to stereo uncompressed and try with each audio option (or if your audio setup supports Atmos disable it)

Also you can try factory resetting the console but keeping games and apps
    For this go to settings > system > console info > reset and then select keep my games and apps
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox One X: Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) support

As the Xbox One X is an audio source, it doesn't need to send or receive audio via ARC or eARC.

Audio Return Channel is only for TV's that are supposed to "return" Audio back to an AV receiver or connected Soundbar.

As the Xbox One X doesn't have speakers to play audio recieved through ARC, it won't support "ARC" or "eARC". Your TV needs to support ARC or eARC.

What exactly is your TV and console setup, that you would need eARC in the Xbox One X?
  4. andersonpassos Win User

How do I get xbox audio through my speakers which are plugged into my monitor by a 3.5mm jack?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

To get Xbox audio through your Logitech Z200 speakers, which are connected to your AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor via a 3.5mm jack, you'll need to make sure the audio is properly routed from your Xbox Series X to the monitor.

Check your monitor's audio input: First, make sure that your monitor (AOC Gaming Q27G2E) is capable of receiving audio through its 3.5mm audio input. Typically, monitors that have built-in speakers or an audio output port (3.5mm jack) also have an audio input option.

Connect the Xbox to the monitor: Use an HDMI cable to connect your Xbox Series X to the AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor. This will handle the video signal.

Connect the speakers to the monitor: Plug the 3.5mm jack of your Logitech Z200 speakers into the audio output port on your monitor. This port should be labeled as an audio output or a headphone icon.

Configure Xbox audio settings: Once the physical connections are set up, you need to configure the audio settings on your Xbox Series X:

a. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

b. Navigate to the System tab (gear icon) using the controller.

c. Go to Settings > General > Volume & audio output.

d. Under the "Speaker audio" section, select "HDMI audio."

e. Make sure to set "Headset audio" to "Off" or "Do nothing" since you're using the external speakers through the monitor.

Adjust the monitor's audio settings: On your AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor, locate the on-screen display (OSD) menu button. This button may be labeled as "Menu" or have an icon of a monitor with buttons. Access the OSD menu and navigate to the audio settings. Ensure that the audio input is set to "3.5mm" or "Analog" to receive audio from the Xbox connected via HDMI.

Test the audio: After making these adjustments, play a game or video on your Xbox Series X to test the audio output through the Logitech Z200 speakers connected to your monitor.

If everything is set up correctly, you should now be able to hear the audio from your Xbox Series X through your Logitech Z200 speakers connected to your AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor via the 3.5mm jack. Adjust the volume using the monitor's built-in controls or the volume control on the speakers themselves.
  5. XBF-Spartan Win User

Audio and party creation issues.

HI dj,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! We are sorry to hear about your issue and would like to help out. Concerning your boot-up problem, have you switch your power settings to "Instant On" for your Series X console. When it comes to your A50 headset I am kinging the Xbox Support site that details instructions on how to properly setup the Series X with a headset that using optical audio. Choosing speaker audio settings on your Xbox console | Xbox Support
  6. Krylo42_ Win User

Controller shuts off and audio cuts out

I’m not sure if it’s a controller issue because I’ve switched out 3 different controllers, 2 for the Xbox one and I recently bought a Xbox series x/s controller and I’m having the same issue, and I’ve been using the same brand of earbuds for 3 years ever since I got my Xbox and I’ve had no disconnecting issues or audio issues until recent months just out of no where. And when I use the tv speaker instead the audio is completely fine and I’m able to hear however the controller will still disconnect or shut off.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Audio Issues on TV speakers. - Similar Threads - Series Audio Issues

2. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  3. Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue: Subject: Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue Description: I am experiencing a recurring issue with my Xbox Series X console related to headset audio interruptions. Regardless of the...
  4. How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X: One day I was streaming a view said that my game volume was to loud I put it somewhere around 50% the next day I started my stream I play on console (xbl) I use my phone to view my chat or to edit...
  5. Audio issues on Series X 4K YouTube videos

in XboX Insiders
    Audio issues on Series X 4K YouTube videos: Does anyone know of a fix for this issue? The audio pops and crackles intermittently throughout any 4k video when viewing YouTube. This issue is on a wired headset plugged into the controller. It...
  6. When will audio issues for Xbox Series X/S streaming apps be resolved permanently?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will audio issues for Xbox Series X/S streaming apps be resolved permanently?: I admit I'm a little more than frustrated about this but I find it completely absurd this is still a problem with a powerhouse such as Microsoft. It has somehow also gotten worse over time. I'm...
  7. Audio issue with series X

in XBoX Accessibility
    Audio issue with series X: I use a sound bar with optical audio into my xbox one, I upgraded to a series X and can no longer use my optical cable. How do I connect my Sony soundbar to my series X (without using a HDMI Arc)...
  8. Audio Loss Issue in XBOX Series S (RE7: Biohazard Game)

in XboX Insiders
    Audio Loss Issue in XBOX Series S (RE7: Biohazard Game): I was playing RE7: Biohazard Gold Edition on my Xbox series S and there is a cutscene in the old house where Lucas grabs Mia from the neck and says some dialog. I was using headphones on the...
  9. How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X: When I live stream on Twitch my mic volume is extremely low even though I have set it to the max output. I tried updating my controller and turning the console on and off. My mic volume is still...
  10. Anyone else still having issues with the YouTube audio lag on series s/x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else still having issues with the YouTube audio lag on series s/x?: I’ve always had the YouTube audio lag but recently noticed the lag gets even worse at a quicker rate, I’ve looked online but I can’t see anyone with these issues still recently, didn’t know...