Xbox Series X Audio Issue

Discus and support Xbox Series X Audio Issue in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hi, I am playing on a Xbox Series X using a Turtle Beach Recon 200 headset and have an issue when joining Discord calls through the new console app.... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Liam Bambridge, Nov 3, 2022.

1. Xbox Series X Audio Issue

Hi,

I am playing on a Xbox Series X using a Turtle Beach Recon 200 headset and have an issue when joining Discord calls through the new console app. My game sound plays through my mic and everyone can hear it. I have tried every setting I know and cannot fix it.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

Liam Bambridge, Nov 3, 2022
  2. RobertRomero8 Win User

Saints row 3 remastered audio issue

They just released an update and said that they fixed an audio issue on the series X
  3. RobertRomero8 Win User

Saints row 3 remastered audio issue

They just released an update and said that they fixed an audio issue on the series X
  4. gregkeppeler Win User

Xbox Series X - I can no longer turn off hdmi audio since installing the september update

I have almost the same problem except the error message says

“if you’re using Xbox series X/S, note that HDMI audio can’t be turned off. In other consoles, either optical or HDMI audio must be on. (0x80bd0009)

Why can’t I turn off hdmi audio on Xbox series x it makes no sense?
  5. KaiN05 Win User

Why is my Series X having audio issues?

Audio issues here but only when streaming movies and shows on Prime Video and Disney Plus so far. The Series X sucks. The One X is/was better.
  6. CarTzy Win User

Xbox Series X audio broken for everything except stereo

Hello AbeAustin,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing audio issues with your Xbox Series X and your Onkyo TX-NR6050 receiver. This sounds like a frustrating problem, and I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Based on the information you provided, it seems that there might be a compatibility issue between your receiver and the Xbox Series X audio formats. Some possible steps you can try are:

- Make sure your receiver has the latest firmware update installed. You can check this by following the instructions on the Onkyo website: Onkyo | Homepage (onkyo-av.com)

- Try using a different HDMI cable to connect your Xbox Series X and your receiver. Some HDMI cables might not support the bandwidth required for some audio formats.

- Try changing the HDMI audio settings on your Xbox Series X. Go to Settings > General > Volume & audio output > HDMI audio. Try setting it to Bitstream out and see if that makes a difference.

- Try changing the audio format settings on your receiver. Go to Setup > Audio > Audio Format. Try setting it to Auto or PCM and see if that works.

See: Connect your Xbox console to a sound system | Xbox Support

I hope this helps and you can enjoy your Xbox Series X with full surround sound soon.
Thema:

Xbox Series X Audio Issue

1. Xbox Series X Audio Issue - Similar Threads - Series Audio Issue

2. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  3. Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue: Subject: Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue Description: I am experiencing a recurring issue with my Xbox Series X console related to headset audio interruptions. Regardless of the...
  4. How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X: One day I was streaming a view said that my game volume was to loud I put it somewhere around 50% the next day I started my stream I play on console (xbl) I use my phone to view my chat or to edit...
  5. Audio issues on Series X 4K YouTube videos

in XboX Insiders
    Audio issues on Series X 4K YouTube videos: Does anyone know of a fix for this issue? The audio pops and crackles intermittently throughout any 4k video when viewing YouTube. This issue is on a wired headset plugged into the controller. It...
  6. When will audio issues for Xbox Series X/S streaming apps be resolved permanently?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will audio issues for Xbox Series X/S streaming apps be resolved permanently?: I admit I'm a little more than frustrated about this but I find it completely absurd this is still a problem with a powerhouse such as Microsoft. It has somehow also gotten worse over time. I'm...
  7. Audio issue with series X

in XBoX Accessibility
    Audio issue with series X: I use a sound bar with optical audio into my xbox one, I upgraded to a series X and can no longer use my optical cable. How do I connect my Sony soundbar to my series X (without using a HDMI Arc)...
  8. Audio Loss Issue in XBOX Series S (RE7: Biohazard Game)

in XboX Insiders
    Audio Loss Issue in XBOX Series S (RE7: Biohazard Game): I was playing RE7: Biohazard Gold Edition on my Xbox series S and there is a cutscene in the old house where Lucas grabs Mia from the neck and says some dialog. I was using headphones on the...
  9. How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X: When I live stream on Twitch my mic volume is extremely low even though I have set it to the max output. I tried updating my controller and turning the console on and off. My mic volume is still...
  10. Anyone else still having issues with the YouTube audio lag on series s/x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else still having issues with the YouTube audio lag on series s/x?: I’ve always had the YouTube audio lag but recently noticed the lag gets even worse at a quicker rate, I’ve looked online but I can’t see anyone with these issues still recently, didn’t know...