Xbox Series X audio does not let use 5.1 audio

Discus and support Xbox Series X audio does not let use 5.1 audio in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I see that there are other (locked) threads on this and the issue appears to unresolved for over 1 year. Are there plans to fix this? I just purchased... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by logophage, Jan 9, 2023.

1. logophage
    logophage Guest

I see that there are other (locked) threads on this and the issue appears to unresolved for over 1 year. Are there plans to fix this? I just purchased my Xbox Series X and it will not let me use my 5.1 home theater audio. I've tried everything I could to get it working. No dice.

As context, my 5.1 audio does work on my Xbox One X.

What's the plan on addressing this? Or should I just get a refund for the Series X I just purchased?

:)

logophage, Jan 9, 2023
  2. Rodri Magalhães Win User

Error code 0x80bd0009 not found?

I have the same problem but i cant even enable 5.1 audio :( i can enable 5.1 audio but if i select HDMI on video output, instead of automatic. But that only allows me to select 1080p resolution, not 4k. So i can only use 4k or 5.1 audio on Xbox One X
  3. Rodri Magalhães Win User

Error code 0x80bd0009 xbox one x

I have the same problem but i cant even enable 5.1 audio :( i can enable 5.1 audio but if i select HDMI on video output, instead of automatic. But that only allows me to select 1080p resolution, not 4k. So i can only use 4k or 5.1 audio on Xbox One X
  4. XBF-Spartan Win User

Dolby digital on XBOX Series X

Hi Ehsaan,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! We are sorry to hear about your issue and would like to help out. I have done some research on the soundbar in question LG SL6Y: 3.1 Channel Sound Bar w/DTS Virtual X & High Resolution Audio | LG USA and it appears that the soundbar does not support DTS:X or Dolby Atmos due to it not supporting 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound but is does support DTS: Virtual:X which the Series X does not.

With this particular soundbar your only audio option will be stereo uncompressed. I am linking the Xbox Support page concerning console audio settings so that you may see what your audio options are for your Series X console. Choosing speaker audio settings on your Xbox console | Xbox Support
  5. TRON NZ Win User

Stereo signal in a 5.1 stream

Hi Darkstar,

The Xbox is working 100% as it should be. If the Xbox source signal is 5.1 i.e a game, then the audio stream to the receiver is 5.1 and the receiver will output 5.1 audio to the speakers. However if the Xbox audio source signal is 2.0 i.e music, then the
    stream to the receiver is 2.0 and the receiver will not magically output 5.1 audio to the speakers.

This situation will happen for HDMI or optical using DTS or Dolby decoding etc. The Xbox will not simulate 2.0 up to 5.1. You will need to use one of the surround effects (simulation) on your receiver to scale the 2.0 audio to 5.1 audio. Sorry its not what
    you want to hear, but this is how it works :)
  6. XBF Jeremy Z Win User

What kind of sound card does xbox one X have?

Hello sizzle,

Thank you for contacting Forum support!

Dolby Atmos support on Xbox One and Xbox One S, with this feature it enables all Xbox consoles to pass Blu-ray audio data untouched to a user’s audio equipment, allowing your audio receiver or other audio device to produce a high
    quality, immersive sound experience.

Audio Components with Xbox one X:

DTS: 5.1

DOLBY Digital 5.1, TrueHD with Atmos

PCM

Hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X audio does not let use 5.1 audio - Similar Threads - Series audio does

2. Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S: I own Steelseries Arctis 5 wired headphones, which work perfectly well with my Windows PC. I recently bought a new XBox Series S, and played a few games. I wasn't aware there was a problem until I...
  3. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  4. Xbox series X Audio Crackling

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X Audio Crackling: My console's audio has been crackling First I noticed it if I tried to open the quick menu while in matches in For Honour, the audio would get slowwwwed and crackle awfully like it was a slowmo...
  5. Audio Stuttering on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Stuttering on my Xbox Series X: So, I have already read a few threads about their Xbox Series S and X having audio stuttering. With all the threads I have read, I have also tried the ideas that people have suggested to correct...
  6. I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...
  7. What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?: I currently have an Xbox series X. a few months ago's I upgraded from an Xbox One X. I have my video and audio going to my TV and then optical out going to my audio receiver. I used to be able to...
  8. Xbox Series S Twitch Broadcast Glitching Party Audio

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series S Twitch Broadcast Glitching Party Audio: Hey, this has been happening for a while on my stream. Usually re opening the party fixes it but not today. So turning here for advice. Basicly. Game audio and my own voice come through clearly,...
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  10. make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x: make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x 0c98e371-89d0-42b3-b2b3-9f0c23f85598