Xbox Series X as a 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player

Discus and support Xbox Series X as a 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Can’t seem to find a definitive answer online. Was going to buy a 4K Blu-Ray Player but many of them say it’s Upscaled 4K and many reviews say that... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/SpiralSAW18, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Xbox Series X as a 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player

Can’t seem to find a definitive answer online.

Was going to buy a 4K Blu-Ray Player but many of them say it’s Upscaled 4K and many reviews say that many players have freezing issues etc.

Does the XSX play 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray discs at native 4K or is it upscaled 4K? Thanks.

submitted by /u/SpiralSAW18
    [link] [comments]

/u/SpiralSAW18, Dec 5, 2021
  2. gds1972 Win User

Xbox one s can play 4k Utra hd blu Ray dise ?

Hi

Yes it can play UHD Blu Ray discs please see this link below.

www.xbox.com/.../xbox-one-s

4K Ultra HD Blu-ray™ and Streaming
    With four times the resolution of standard HD, 4K Ultra HD delivers the clearest, most realistic video possible. Stream 4k content on Netflix and Amazon Video and watch Ultra HD Blu-ray movies in stunning
    visual fidelity with High Dynamic Range.
  3. t4ryn it up Win User

Need help deciding which xbox one consoles to buy for gaming and 4k- BluRays?

Although both the Xbox One S and the Xbox One X can both stream 4K, only the One X is capable of true 4K gaming. I would recommend the XBox One X over the XBox One S because it only one that can truly do 4K gaming! The XBox One S can upscale 1080p games
    to 4K but isn’t a real 4K console, although it can play Blu-Ray in 4K. The XBox One X is the first console to truly be able to stream 4K gaming, plus it has a Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray player!
  4. Moby 3174 Win User

Xbox Series X 4K Blu-Ray Player Fix it! Fix It! Fix it! FIX IT! FIX IT!

I only have one 4K Blu-Ray Player. It's my Xbox Series X.
  5. BlaseCell73701 Win User

Xbox One S not detecting my TV properly

Hey, I just bought the XB1S solely for 4K Blu Ray, but I seem to be having the same problem.

My TV
    (here)
    is a 4K UHD TV and while I have the 1S connected via the provided HDMI cable, it won't acknowledge that it's even capable of displaying at 25/30Hz.

Want to know what's going on here, pretty annoyed because I only got it to replace the current bluray player for 4K. :(
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Why can't I play a dvd on my Xbox 360?

Hi,

Several reasons.

1. The 360 has a DVD drive. Full HD discs use Blu-ray disc tecnology. 4K Ultra HD use UHD Blu-ray discs. The 360 can not read Blu-ray discs.

2. The internal 360 hardware is simply not fast enough to decode 4K video content, and the graphics hardware can not output to 4K anyway.

No software in the world can update old hardware.
Thema:

Xbox Series X as a 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player

1. Xbox Series X as a 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player - Similar Threads - Series Ultra Blu

2. Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.: So today I plugged in and turned on my xbox series x for the first time in 2 months. There was of course a system update of 5gbs. I noticed the whole time the update was happening, the power light...
  3. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  4. Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?: My Xbox S is acting strange lately, my controller is always plugged into my xbox and today it was working and then right in the middle of the game. It just turned off so I unplugged it then...
  5. Xbox Series elite 2 Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series elite 2 Issue: Is there any fix for a brand new controller for the “LT” bumper not wanting to work it will work on the top two settings but in the last one with the less pull it just does not want to work I’ve...
  6. I bought xbox series x 2 days ago and I got to know about a banned on the console.pls I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought xbox series x 2 days ago and I got to know about a banned on the console.pls I...: [Mod removed] Seriel number of the console .SN:(Mod Removed) 29138814-07da-40fa-8363-bc6ff1e74832
  7. Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S: The Microsoft store app is days in an eternal update, at some point in the update there is an error in which it is (0x87e00017)only that games are installing normally less other apps like Bing,...
  8. SERIES X Mortal Kombat 1 (disc) ULTRA ULTRA SLOW INSTALL & KEEPS STOPPING ???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SERIES X Mortal Kombat 1 (disc) ULTRA ULTRA SLOW INSTALL & KEEPS STOPPING ???: Ok, so I bought Mortal Kombat One on disc, went. To install it...the series x recognised it and began installing it ....BUT - at ULTRA SLOW SPEED ...its taken over 20hrs to get to 17% and in that...
  9. Why do I get no signal from my Xbox Series X with the ultra high speed hdmi cable but with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I get no signal from my Xbox Series X with the ultra high speed hdmi cable but with...: So I connected my Xbox Series X to a samsung TV and it worked fine but then I disconnected it and then connected it back now with a no signal/unknown device showing that the xbox is detected on...
  10. Fan noise after install ultra pc settings mod fallout 4 xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fan noise after install ultra pc settings mod fallout 4 xbox series x: Why does the Xbox Series X make a lot of fan noise after installing the Ultra PC setting mode in Fallout 4, as if it is about to explode. I played many games with very high graphics, but one...