Xbox Series X - Artefacting only in one game

Discus and support Xbox Series X - Artefacting only in one game in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Just bought Strangers of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origins, and the game is artefact city on my XSX. I've never had a problem with any other game, but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by kensaiD 2591, Mar 19, 2022.

  1. kensaiD 2591
    kensaiD 2591 Guest

    Xbox Series X - Artefacting only in one game


    Just bought Strangers of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origins, and the game is artefact city on my XSX. I've never had a problem with any other game, but this one just isn't playing nice.

    I went back to Forza Horizon 3 and Tunic, which I've been playing recently too, and neither of those have issues - but Final Fantasy is playing up.

    I've tried different HDMI cables, and my Xbox is properly ventilated - standing next to my TV with a ton of breathing room. Guessing this is a GPU issue? Xbox Series X - Artefacting only in one game :( I really hope not as I know how hard it is to get a hold of these consoles.

    Here's a video of the behaviour that's being exhibited. https://youtu.be/orIMyxRTGSc

    :)
     
    kensaiD 2591, Mar 19, 2022
    #1
  2. KrzysiekStudzinski Win User

    remote play

    What for? Cloud gaming works fine only remote have graphics artefact. Maybe series x need some opening port to correct function with mobile 5g ?
  3. kensaiD 2591 Win User

    Xbox Series X - Artefacting only in one game

    Thanks. I've submitted a ticket with the game devs, but on the games subreddit - no one else in the community seems to be experiencing this issue, looks to be just me.

    It's extremely frustrating as it is a game I've been looking forward to for quite a while now. I might still book an appointment and take the console in to the Microsoft store just in case.
  4. kensaiD 2591 Win User

    Xbox Series X - Artefacting only in one game

    Thanks Francia. I went through with a full reset, as above, and when I got the console set up again I booted the game and the graphical artefacting continued.

    I, as usual so far, loaded Forza Horizon and there's no issues to be seen at all. Because this is isolated to just the one game, it casts a big doubt over this being a hardware-related issue - as surely I'd be seeing this elsewhere?

    Yet no one else seems to be having this issue with the same game, so guessing it might be a GPU issue? For now, I have requested a refund of the game in question as it's unplayable.
  5. Francia J. Win User

    Xbox Series X - Artefacting only in one game

    That would be great. Thank you so much!
  6. kensaiD 2591 Win User

    Xbox Series X - Artefacting only in one game

    Thanks Francia.

    Apologies for the slow reply but took some time to redownload the game. These are the steps I followed and the outcomes.

    1. I power cycled the console using instructions provided, then loaded back into the game. The issue persisted.
    2. I then uninstalled the game and re-downloaded it. The issue persisted.
    3. I changed my video settings on the console, turning features such as HDR and VRR and 120Hz off, then power cycled again. The issue persisted.
    I once again tried loading various other games such as Forza Horizon 3, Tunic, Alice: Madness Returns and Halo: Infinite. This behaviour did not appear on any of those games.

    I also tried using the HDMI cable that came with my PS5, as well as trying a different HDMI port on my TV. None of these steps were able to alleviate the problem in this game.

    I have spoken to other friends who are also playing Strangers of Paradise on their Xbox's and none are having the same issue unfortunately :(
Thema:

Xbox Series X - Artefacting only in one game

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X - Artefacting only in one game - Similar Threads - Series Artefacting game

  2. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  3. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  4. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  5. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  6. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  7. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  8. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...
  9. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  10. Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.: Hey everyone! I don't know if I'm the only one who shutdown completly his Xbox Series X... But it's kinda annoying to go into the options and power menu to do it. I think it could be nice to have...