Xbox Series X AppleTV white line on letter box

Discus and support Xbox Series X AppleTV white line on letter box in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I am out of ideas and seeing if anyone else has this issue. When watching movies in AppleTV that are 4K, HDR and letter box, there is a white line... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/rupertthecactus, Oct 17, 2021.

  1. Xbox Series X AppleTV white line on letter box


    I am out of ideas and seeing if anyone else has this issue.

    When watching movies in AppleTV that are 4K, HDR and letter box, there is a white line that appears after skipping ahead or rewinding. It almost looks like it has lost tracking or like it's an old VHS white line on a tape. It's a horizontal white line going across the top of the letter box. It is very noticeable in dark scenes in movies.

    • I acquired new HDMI cables and the issue is still there.
    • It's not on any other streaming services, just AppleTV.
    • I use AppleTV on a Chromecast and the issue isn't there.
    • I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I have also reset the Xbox.
    • Any HDMI cable I use creates the same error. Trying different HDMI ports also creates the same error.
    • I have switched on and off every setting in Xbox and for my TV and the error is still there after skipping ahead or rewinding.
    • Sometimes there is a green line running across the bottom of the image as well.
    • If I plug in my Xbox Series X with the same TV, same updates and same HDMI wires the white lines disappear.
    • If I turn off HDR or 4k, the white line disappears. If I select 1080P in the Xbox settings, but leave 4K and HDR on, I am able to get AppleTV to play the movie and not create the white artifact. This leads me to believe it is a glitch when selecting 4K UHD as an option. Not sure how it is all connected though.

    If anyone has any ideas or advice I would appreciate it. I am hoping a future update will resolve the issue, as this didn't occur before.

    submitted by /u/rupertthecactus
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/rupertthecactus, Oct 17, 2021
    #1
  2. APOCACIDE Win User

    New CQC map video.

    white box with FPS in black letters
  3. APOCACIDE Win User

    Why people are saying that BF3 is going for MW3 feel?

    white box with FPS in black letters on it-of course u can get NOW WITH VEHICLES, or the ever popular IN SPACE
  4. Korhog Win User

    Xbox Elite series 2 - White edition

    white edition of the elite 2 controller shoud be released only after xbox series x white edition)
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Apple TV connected to Xbox for higher resolution output

    Xbox video input is passthrough, and does not upscale the signal. The most is does is overlay the guide like a cable box.

    As your AppleTv is incapable of outputting 4K, you will not get 4K no matter what you do

    The AppleTV app is available on Xbox, and will allow you to use 4K video from their services
  6. Trentelshark Win User

    Resolution from Standby Part 2

    Forgot to mention this happened to me once when I was on HDMI2 for AppleTV and turned the x-box on prematurely. When I came back to HDMI1 I was running a similar resolution, but my dashboard was only taking up 1/4 of the screen.
Thema:

Xbox Series X AppleTV white line on letter box

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X AppleTV white line on letter box - Similar Threads - Series AppleTV white

  2. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  3. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  4. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  5. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  6. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  7. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  8. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  9. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  10. Xbox Series X is using the same CEC address of AppleTV 4K on LG OLED C7

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X is using the same CEC address of AppleTV 4K on LG OLED C7: I recently reported this problem since I've narrowed it down to being an Xbox CEC issue, has anyone else encountered this with a similar setup? I have an Xbox Series X and AppleTV 4K Connected to...