Xbox Series X and Vizio Sound Bar

Discus and support Xbox Series X and Vizio Sound Bar in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox Series X, LG CX Oled, and a Vizio sound bar SB3651-f6. My problem is that when I leave the Xbox sitting idle for too long, it powers... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DavidD716, Apr 27, 2021.

  1. DavidD716
    DavidD716 Guest

    Xbox Series X and Vizio Sound Bar


    I have an Xbox Series X, LG CX Oled, and a Vizio sound bar SB3651-f6.

    My problem is that when I leave the Xbox sitting idle for too long, it powers off the soundbar (or maybe it is power itself off) and then after that the sound bar will not turn back on either with the physical button or remote. The only way to get it to turn back on is to power cycle the sound bar. This problem does not occur with the ps5 or when just watching TV.

    :)
     
    DavidD716, Apr 27, 2021
    #1
  2. BlakePenfield Win User

    Xbox Seriex X - Atmos 7.1 Audio Clipping

    Same issue here.

    I’ve got my Series X hooked up to a brand new LG C2 using the HDMI cord that came with the Series X.

    I’ve got an Atmos-enabled Vizio sound bar (5.1 + two height speakers in the sound bar) hooked into the TV’s HDMI-Arc port.

    I have no issues with Atmos sound when playing games on Series X. I have no issues when watching Atmos-compatible movies in streaming apps like Apple or Disney+.

    But, when I play an Atmos-enabled 4K Blu-ray Disc on the Series X blu-ray app, I get this weird audio buffer after a few minutes. The movie may go 20 minutes without, but once is starts going it gets more consistent. This issue persists regardless of which Atmost-enabled 4K Blu-ray I use.

    I’ve tried messing with the settings - switching back and forth on allowing pass through, etc.

    Funny thing is, on my older TV (a TCL Series 6 which was not VRR or 120 hz compatible) I had zero issues. My Series X would play Atmos 4K blu-rays no problem. Only difference I can think of is that on my old setup I hooked the Series X directly into the input of the sound bar and then output from the sound bar into the TV (it was the only way I could get Atmos to work on the old TCL Series 6). On my current set up with the LG C2 I don’t do that because passing the Series X through the sound bar would take away the VRR and 120 hz capabilities my new TV can do.

    Can anyone help?
  3. Udo2C Win User

    Cracking sounds when HDMI is set to Bitstream OUT

    same issue. Also vizio sound bar. no problems with DTS or stereo
  4. ed4becky Win User

    Using XBox One S as Streaming Device - 2 Issues

    Looks like mi Vizio E422VL TV has CEC (no mention of ARC) but my Vizio 3821-C6 sound bar does not have HDMI.

    I suspected I would need a new sound bar, which is why looking for recommendations.

    I get that the sound issue is best resolved treated as a TV/SB issue.
  5. KindFawn1020829 Win User

    Can I connect Xbox One directly to a sound bar?

    I have the vizio S4251W-B4 5.1 sound bar hooked up straight to the xbox one using digital optical audio cable. Volume up and down command works for me. This sound bar supports DTS.
  6. BackwoodsRT Win User

    5.1 Uncompressed audio via HDMI connection

    Can you provide an update for your situation? I tried the optical connection first and it worked fine, but hooking everything up using HDMI is not working for sound. Here's my setup...I have a UHD Samsung TV, Cisco cable box, Xbox One, and a Vizio S5451w-C2
    sound bar. The Vizio sound bar has a HDMI ARC connection option. I have my connections set up as follows ALL WITH HDMI CONNECTIONS::

    Cable box --> Xbox One --> Vizio sound bar (HDMI Input) --> Vizio sound bar (HDMI Output)--> Samsung UHD TV (HDMI ARC)

    I can get video just fine using this connection, but NO sound. My TV settings are good to go, but I'm wondering if there is some Xbox audio setting that is the final piece to this puzzle. Currently, my "HDMI audio" is set to "5.1 uncompressed" and "Bitstream
    format" is set to "DTS Digital Surround". Does anyone know if these are correct or if there is something I'm missing?
Thema:

Xbox Series X and Vizio Sound Bar

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X and Vizio Sound Bar - Similar Threads - Series Vizio Sound

  2. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  3. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  4. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  5. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  6. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  7. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  8. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  9. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  10. Which TV would you recommend for Xbox series x... Vizio m50qxm-k01 or tcl 55-inch q7 qled 4k

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Which TV would you recommend for Xbox series x... Vizio m50qxm-k01 or tcl 55-inch q7 qled 4k: Which TV would you recommend for Xbox series x ......vizio m50qxm-k01 or tcl 55-inch q7 qled 4k .... Thank you 173f1188-d4c3-4d12-815f-aa5837ea266e

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. Vizio sound bar wont turn on Xbox