Xbox series x and predator x27 monitor no HDR / HDR issues

Discus and support Xbox series x and predator x27 monitor no HDR / HDR issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [img] I have an xbox series x connect to an acer predator x27 monitor but it says i cant play games in hdr. Its an hdr top end monitor, any... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Weescott85, Dec 15, 2020.

  1. Weescott85
    Weescott85 Guest

    Xbox series x and predator x27 monitor no HDR / HDR issues



    Xbox series x and predator x27 monitor no HDR / HDR issues [​IMG]
    I
    have an xbox series x connect to an acer predator x27 monitor but it says i cant play games in hdr. Its an hdr top end monitor, any suggestions? Ive got auto detect hdr on and hdr worked on the one x.

    :)
     
    Weescott85, Dec 15, 2020
    #1
  2. Weescott85 Win User

    Xbox series x and predator x27 monitor no HDR / HDR issues

    https://youtu.be/heabzduph4Y

    fixed!!!

    Accept YCC 2:2:2
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

    White Flickers while watching movies/streaming? 4k UHD 60hz monitor no HDR

    I had the same / similar issue with my old 4K 60hz none HDR / HDMI 2.0 monitor when watching movies and some times in games with the Series X,

    As soon as i upgraded my monitor to a 4K 144hz monitor that has HDR / HDMI 2.1 ports, i no longer had this problem,

    I'm not sure what the problem is, but my guess is that the HDMI 2.1 port on Series X doesn't play well with HDMI 2.0 port of monitors, or it's the Series X trying to force HDR on, even if the monitor does not have / support HDR and the HDR in Series X menu's is turned off.
  4. Chris Collier3 Win User

    Hdr not working on monitor with Xbox series x

    Thanks for your help Renalto. So my monitor supports hdr600. Can the Xbox not recognize that, and it only works the hdr with displays that support hdr 10? I’m using the official ultra high speed hdmi cable that comes with the series x, but the monitor only has a 2.0 outlet. Thanks
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

    HDMI Xbox Series S/X

    Hi,

    There is more than enough bandwidth for 1440P @120Hz with HDR on an HDMI 2.0 Monitor. On the current consoles Microsoft decided to lock HDR to 4K displays, but with the Series S that won't be an issue anymore.

    HDMI standards are backwards compatible, so you won't need an HDMI 2.1 compliant Monitor to use Series X or S on an older monitor or TV that only has HDMI 2.0.

    Xbox One X and S can be very fussy when it comes to full monitor support. But if you bought a monitor that fully supports the Xbox One X then it should support the same features on a Series X/S.

    My advice would be to check reviews of monitors actually running on the current consoles with 120Hz support. There are loads of videos on YouTube. Just looking at the specs on a website may not be enough.
  6. guestar Win User

    Xbox Series X does not allow HDR10:on with Screen resolutions below 4K

    Hi,

    Unfortunately the Asus ROG Strix XG279Q is limited to 60Hz with HDR, it's a limitation of the monitor hardware. It will either be HDR on or off I'm afraid.

    A lot of gaming monitors have quite poor HDR, with low peak brightness. The "HDR" feature on a lot of monitors is a selling point that customers expect to see, rather than it being actually good. Also this monitor has a lot more input lag at 60Hz with HDR
    enabled.

    I would drop HDR and enjoy 1440P at 120Hz as a better option. Making sure you also enable Variable Refresh Rate.
    Hi,

    thank you for your fast reply and your explanation. Where did you find this info?

    As I just bought this monitor because I thought it is a very good choice for the new Series X and the RTX 3070 as well, I can still change it to another Monitor - do you have any better suggestion for 27" and the Series X?

    Thank you,

    Günther
Thema:

Xbox series x and predator x27 monitor no HDR / HDR issues

Loading...
  1. Xbox series x and predator x27 monitor no HDR / HDR issues - Similar Threads - series predator x27

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  10. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...