: Xbox Series X and Cable Boxes

Discus and support : Xbox Series X and Cable Boxes in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Xbox Series X and Cable Boxes Since Xbox Series X removed the HDMI-IN port, there is no way to watch anything from your cable box through your xbox,... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Ravensbaby, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Ravensbaby
    Ravensbaby Guest

Since Xbox Series X removed the HDMI-IN port, there is no way to watch anything from your cable box through your xbox, meaning you have to switch inputs. I know someone will ask, who still watches cable, so I'll answer it right away, some packages are still
    cheaper for sports versus going to streams, I use cable strictly for sports.

On to my question, has anyone attempted an HDMI to USB conversion? So from your cable box, use HDMI and in your Xbox connect it through USB? Does this work? If so, can any recommend a specific cable, with a link. I know certain ones wont work because it
    has to be minimum 3.0 etc.

Thank you

:)

Ravensbaby, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

Replacement xBox series X power supply

if it is a power cable and brick then it is an xbox one big black box with external power, microsoft do not make these anymore and yyou would need to source a third party one, if a series x then any figure 8 cable will be fine.
  3. Internet Expert Win User

1X degrades cable picture

So are you saying you plugged your cable box into the HDMI passthrough on the One X?

If the cable box is defaulting to a lower resolution when connected into the Xbox One X's HDMI passthrough, you should be able to adjust the display output in the cable box's settings menu.
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

The upcoming X-Box Series X

Yes, I currently own an X Box One X

When does the new X Box series X release this year?

Will it have blue-ray?

I have a 65 inch, 4K television.

Will I see a difference in graphics with the new X Box on my 4K?
    Xbox Series X will release Holiday 2020, given Xbox's track record of releasing new consoles, they've usually been around November.

It will have Blu-Ray.

With the Xbox One X, it uses checkerboarding to get 4K resolution, though it's not true 4K, it's what allows the One X to get to 4K,

With the Xbox Series X, it will use true native 4K, you may see that the Series X will look a little better at 4K than the One X at 4K.
  5. dboyrusky Win User

1X degrades cable picture

So are you saying you plugged your cable box into the HDMI passthrough on the One X?

If the cable box is defaulting to a lower resolution when connected into the Xbox One X's HDMI passthrough, you should be able to adjust the display output in the cable box's settings menu.
    When cable box goes through xbox one x the picture quality is degraded compared to when it is connected to tv straight. Not really resolution, theres more noise in the picture. Tried switching hdmi cables, inputs. Hopefully it can be corrected via software
    update.
  6. BillDotriev Win User

I can't buy Left 4 Dead 2 online or on console.

Will this also work for X-Box Series S? It says "Buy it for X-Box 360" on the link.
Thema:

1. : Xbox Series X and Cable Boxes - Similar Threads - Series Cable Boxes

2. Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi: Xbox series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in when there isn’t and won’t connect to WiFi. Tried restarting, changing network settings, wiggling an Ethernet cable in and unplugging it...
  3. Xbox series s not connecting with ethernet cable but wireless working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s not connecting with ethernet cable but wireless working: Recently had some internet issues but that all sorted now and now my Xbox won’t work using a ethernet cable just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or problem...
  4. Where can I purchase a power cable for my Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can I purchase a power cable for my Series X?: Recently I started having trouble with my Xbox, whenever I turn it on it makes a strange / worrying scratching noise but this only happens after it has been off for a long period of time so I am...
  5. XBox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller only turning on when cable plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller only turning on when cable plugged in: Hi, I recently got an Elite Series 2 controller and am super happy about it, but something is totally wrong unfortunately. 1. The controller will only switch on when I plug the USB C cable in,...
  6. Can I use any hdmi cable with a series x ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use any hdmi cable with a series x ?: Or cable included is the best match? 0980d4ea-777a-47ff-a92e-e3641d42e192
  7. Why do I get no signal from my Xbox Series X with the ultra high speed hdmi cable but with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I get no signal from my Xbox Series X with the ultra high speed hdmi cable but with...: So I connected my Xbox Series X to a samsung TV and it worked fine but then I disconnected it and then connected it back now with a no signal/unknown device showing that the xbox is detected on...
  8. Will Xbox Series X bought in Ireland work okay in Brazil? What voltage the power cable can...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Xbox Series X bought in Ireland work okay in Brazil? What voltage the power cable can...: Will Xbox Series X bought in Ireland work okay in Brazil? What voltage the power cable can hold? Thank you. 0c31c43f-119b-428a-8f12-33ea4c7c5c07
  9. Rocksmith not recognizing cable on series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rocksmith not recognizing cable on series X?: I bought a brand new realtone cable because the first one wouldn't recognize either. Tried different usb ports, different xboxes, different guitars and different cords. It's a real bummer to waste...
  10. Controller doesny stay connected to my series x. I can't play games even with a cable...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Controller doesny stay connected to my series x. I can't play games even with a cable...: Tried 3 controllers, all with latest firmware installed (including a brand new one) . Disconnect every couple seconds. Console is about 10 ft from where I sit, but the controllers disconnect...