Xbox Series X Amp/DAC suggestion

Discus and support Xbox Series X Amp/DAC suggestion in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I own a Series X and have often wished that Microsoft/Xbox would loosen their licensing requirements for 3rd party headphone DAC's and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HokieJoe, May 26, 2022.

  1. HokieJoe
    HokieJoe Guest

    Xbox Series X Amp/DAC suggestion


    Hello,

    I own a Series X and have often wished that Microsoft/Xbox would loosen their licensing requirements for 3rd party headphone DAC's and amplifier's.

    I realize that Xbox/Entertainment division wants to monetize accessories whenever possible. However, compared to competing platforms, the Series X/S only have one 3rd party option available (the Astro mixamp).

    My suggestion entails Microsoft manufacturing a USB adapter which will accept any 3rd party amp/dac combination people wish to use.

    The benefit for Microsoft would be twofold: Microsoft gives their customers superior audio options (thus building community excitement); and customers would pay the licensing fee for 3rd parties who do not wish to participate with Xbox USB audio licensing requirements.

    I believe interested individuals would gladly pay $25 - $30 or more for such a device! A significant portion of the entertainment audience pays upwards $500 or more for quality headphones and amp/dac stacks. People take their sound seriously.

    It is always better to give customers options. To that end, engaging gaming and sound enthusiasts is a no lose proposition for the Xbox brand.

    Kind regards

    :)
     
    HokieJoe, May 26, 2022
    #1
  2. IllSPaRTaCuzZ Win User

    Will XBox Series X support external DAC/Amp hardware via USB?

    Thank you for posting this, I am currently in this same position.

    Buying my Sundaras, which need an amp/dac combo or individually, But I dont want to buy another dac/amp when the series X releases.

    I will keep an eye out on this thread.
  3. Modo44 Win User

    Will XBox Series X support external DAC/Amp hardware via USB?

    I am far from an audiophile but recently have taken interest in improving my audio. I invested in a pair of Beyerdynamic mmx 300 2 (based on the the dt770 model). The sound is great but I was looking for a dac/amp with mic input that I could use with party
    chat that would be "future proof" with the series x and the loss of the optical output make it complicated.

    I was maybe looking at the xblaster g6 but at the moment it doesn't seems to support the party chat and not sure will be compatible with the series x.

    Anybody would have any advice for an amp/dac outside the the astro mixamp which I keep hearing very mix review.
  4. Nevon Win User

    dac amp

    So has this been updated? I was under the impression that you would need cables going to and from the controller headset and dac.
  5. Kevenstu01 Win User

    dac amp

    if you have the right audio adaptor, yes

    for exemple:


    [​IMG]


    controler to adaptor - adaptor to amp
  6. SpeleoFool Win User

    Will XBox Series X support external DAC/Amp hardware via USB?

    I am far from an audiophile but recently have taken interest in improving my audio. I invested in a pair of Beyerdynamic mmx 300 2 (based on the the dt770 model). The sound is great but I was looking for a dac/amp with mic input that I could use with party
    chat that would be "future proof" with the series x and the loss of the optical output make it complicated.

    I was maybe looking at the xblaster g6 but at the moment it doesn't seems to support the party chat and not sure will be compatible with the series x.

    Anybody would have any advice for an amp/dac outside the the astro mixamp which I keep hearing very mix review.
    Again, I wish we could get someone from Microsoft to take an interest in getting some answers for us. I'm pessimistic about the relative priority that will be given to sound devices and expect we'll be stuck with "official licensed products" using proprietary
    hardware and connectivity protocols.

    On PC this would be an easy problem to solve--there are myriad options from which to choose.

    One possible approach would be to use a DAC/Amp with integrated microphone controls like the Schiit Hel: https://www.schiit.com/products/hel

    Another approach would be to use an audio-only DAC + Amp stack or combination DAC/AMP then use a USB mic, for example, for chat. I use a Blue Yeti mic for chat and any of several DAC + Amp stacks that I own for audio. This works great if I happen to be
    playing a Windows 10 game, and it works OK if I happen to be using streaming to pay an XBox game through my laptop, but it has serious limitations and doesn't work at all straight from a console.

    The best answer I've had for pure XBox One gaming was to build my own headset from a Focal Elegia heapdhone with a modmic, then I plug that straight into my controller. It works, but I'm sacrificing audio quality by going through the controller, and plenty
    of headphones require more amplification than the controller could hope to provide.
Thema:

Xbox Series X Amp/DAC suggestion

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X Amp/DAC suggestion - Similar Threads - Series Amp DAC

  2. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  3. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  4. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  5. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  6. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  7. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  8. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  9. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...
  10. Xbox Series X Audio w/Tipsy M1 dac/amp recommendations and setup

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Audio w/Tipsy M1 dac/amp recommendations and setup: I have a few questions regarding the setup of my audio on an Xbox Series X using my Tipsy M1 in-ear monitors (IEMs). I prefer not to connect them directly into the controller. My goal is to...