Xbox Series X Alternative to Kinect for voice chat

Discus and support Xbox Series X Alternative to Kinect for voice chat in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I'd like to know what the alternative to Kinect is on the Xbox Series X. Finally was able to get the new system from GameStop which is great. My... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by placy88, Mar 7, 2021.

  1. placy88
    placy88 Guest

    Xbox Series X Alternative to Kinect for voice chat


    Hello, I'd like to know what the alternative to Kinect is on the Xbox Series X. Finally was able to get the new system from GameStop which is great. My wife does not play many first person shooters, but she enjoys watching sometimes and in the past we've been able to both talk with our friends while gaming thanks to the Kinect and still want to be able to hear chat and game audio through our surround sound system, as well as both be picked up on mic when talking normally. Using a headset does not cover these situations which were available on OLDER Xbox systems. I think this is a step backwards if there is not an alternative option to do the same thing. Also, I've never been a huge fan of headsets...1. I wear glasses and the combo of glasses and headphones give me headaches if wearing for any decent amount of time. 2. I'm a grown adult with my own space with LG OLED and Surround Sound setup, shouldn't be forced to use headset to chat with friends. 3. PS5 controller has built in Mic and chat feature. I have faith in Microsoft, so I know there has to be a good alternative to the Kinect either out there or coming our way. Any help would be appreciated.

    :)
     
    placy88, Mar 7, 2021
    #1
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Xbox Series X Alternative to Kinect for voice chat

    You can connect it to Alexa or Google assistants
  3. ngocphi Win User

    Xbox Series X Alternative to Kinect for voice chat

    Therr was the xbox sensor which xbox support pointed to me from xbox wire once but it isn't referenced in xbox wire anymore

    https://ca.bestreviews.guide/xbox-one-webcam?origin=google&google_params[matchtype]=b&google_params[network]=g&google_params[device]=m&google_params[creative]=384476657444&google_params[keyword]=&google_params[adposition]=&google_params[adgroupid]=75312068861&google_params[campaignid]=6537489735&bs=&google_params[feeditemid]=&google_params[targetid]=dsa-19959388920&google_params[loc_interest_ms]=&google_params[loc_physical_ms]=9001024&google_params[devicemodel]=&google_params[target]=&new_api=true&dest=0&sys_id=0|316&gclid=Cj0KCQiA7YyCBhD_ARIsALkj54rhp2Jz9kn0WdlfApHj84Z5Jzt3JU4McFW-SgHR9tUcjH3ErGFOiuMaAgfgEALw_wcB

    I find this is the best list

    https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/help/friends-social-activity/share-socialize/broadcast-with-webcam
  4. O to 1O0 Win User

    sending a simple message is INCREDIBLY SLOW!

    kinect is awful, i use it for just for voice commands such as 'xbox record' or 'snap' just a microphone for me.. and it's nice to use it as an alternate voice chat mic (if the game supports it which cod STILL doesn't)
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Kinect Alternatives for the Series X

    HDMI-CEC xan turn off and control yorunother devices. You will have to consult their manuals

    Voice commands can be set up with an amazon echo or google home assistant.

    Cant answer the webcam question, i dont use them sorry.
  6. Merlin4421 Win User

    Is it EA's servers for Battlefield or something else?

    Haven't had chat issues if they use their mics. You are running into goofballs using the kinect for voice or not disabling voice chat for kinect in settings.
Thema:

Xbox Series X Alternative to Kinect for voice chat

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X Alternative to Kinect for voice chat - Similar Threads - Series Alternative Kinect

  2. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  3. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  4. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  5. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  6. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  7. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  8. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  9. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  10. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...