Xbox series X - All games freezing on launch screen for unless I restart the console

Discus and support Xbox series X - All games freezing on launch screen for unless I restart the console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. Im hoping im not the only person with this issue? If i have my xbox series x set to instant on. Everyday i turn on my console no games will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AnD_336, Feb 24, 2021.

1. AnD_336
    AnD_336 Guest

Xbox series X - All games freezing on launch screen for unless I restart the console

Hi. Im hoping im not the only person with this issue?

If i have my xbox series x set to instant on. Everyday i turn on my console no games will launch for unless i physically restart the console. They just freeze on the launch screen

I have already returned the console once and had it swapped. The new ones been fine for a week and now its started doing it too.

Only workaround is to put the console into eco mode so it restarts everytime i turn it off but then i lose remote play etc which i use quite a bit.

I do have a 2tb seagate SSD plugged in to run xbox one and xb360 games but cant imagine that should contribute to the issue as series x supports this.

Has anyone else had this problem and have a fix?

Its the second console of mine to do it so im guessing other people may have had the same issue.

Thanks.

:)

AnD_336, Feb 24, 2021
  2. AnD_336 Win User

Hi Zineb. Thankyou for the quick response .

My Xbox series X is connected by Ethernet lead directly to the router and gives a solid 200mbs download. I have tried clearing my Mac address before but it did not work with fixing the issue.

I have done a hard reset twice . Once with keep my games and apps, and once factory reset without keeping anything.

When I have the issue no games or apps will load , e.g not even the settings app untill incompletely shut down and restart the console.

It's not just a certain game unfortunately. It's everything on the console.

Unfortunately I have tried all the options you have advised but still the issue persists.

I don't know if you have any ideas what else it could be?

Thanks

Andy
  3. AnD_336 Win User

Sorry I forgot to mention I get an error code with a note saying that the app or game is taking too long to load.
  4. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @AnD_336, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. The crashing or freezing of a certain game/apps is generally related to the network which is why I will provide you with the official link to all the troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you. Before going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the link I was referring to, I would like you to go through the following steps to clear your Mac address and perform a quick power cycle:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed, here is the official link to all the troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the previous link weren't helpful, I have another link for you that could help you take care of the situation! Here is another and a more narrow link related specifically to game crash, and game freeze related issues:

The link: Troubleshoot game issues on Xbox | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  5. KurtisMiddleton Win User

Starfield on my Xbox Series keeps crashing.

Same here.

Series X. I can't even get into the game. As soon as I try and launch a new game from the title screen I get a black screen and the loading icon freezes. So frustrating.
  6. Janne Pakarinen Win User

I can't play call of duty mw2 it keeps freezing and crashing

Hi

I have the Same problem. My xbox series x screen freezes everytime after i have payed multiplayer about 5-10min. Nothing happens even if i wait 15min, so i have to restart the whole game
Thema:

1. Xbox series X - All games freezing on launch screen for unless I restart the console - Similar Threads - series games freezing

2. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  3. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  4. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  5. Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming: I'm not sure how unique my situation is but i'll try to be as detailed in explanation, as of today my pad keeps disconnecting when gaming, rarely or not what-ever if I leave my pad idle or just...
  6. freeze games in xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    freeze games in xbox series s: Hello i play with xbox series s from one month ago games freeze for 3 second some times in all games (even single player games ) this don't happen in dashboard I did everything, even factory...
  7. my xbox series s is freezing while i playing evry game how can i fix it?

in XBoX on Windows
    my xbox series s is freezing while i playing evry game how can i fix it?: my xbox series s is freezing while i playing evry games i checked all thing i don’t know why my xbox doing that i tried all thing (internet,cleaning,restarting, deleting all local saved,)i tried...
  8. I got Xbox series S I bought the console last year. My mw2 game keeps on freezing when I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got Xbox series S I bought the console last year. My mw2 game keeps on freezing when I...: I got Xbox series S I bought the console last year. My mw2 game keeps on freezing when I play and then it kicks me out to the Xbox home screen. I only play online. I got fast internet connection....
  9. Xbox Series X Freezing when trying to play some games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X Freezing when trying to play some games: Hi, so my series x freezes every time I try to play the First Descendant demo and Remnant 2. Even if I skip the cutscenes and go straight to gameplay, it always freezes. And yes, I've tried...
  10. Why does my xbox series X freeze when I play video games Like Apex legends Call of Duty...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my xbox series X freeze when I play video games Like Apex legends Call of Duty...: I have had this problem happening for about 3 days now and It happens whenever I try to play a game like Apex legend Call of Duty black Ops cold war like the games will load up fine and then boom...