XBox Series X - Additional Storage

Discus and support XBox Series X - Additional Storage in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Understand the Seagate Expansion Drive is the official product for installation of games and saving game saves. I also found that the XSX accepts... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mat rock, Sep 16, 2023.

  1. mat rock
    mat rock Guest

    XBox Series X - Additional Storage


    Understand the Seagate Expansion Drive is the official product for installation of games and saving game saves.

    I also found that the XSX accepts external HDD/SSD that are NOT the Seagate Expansion Drive.

    However, owners may not be able to install games on these external drives.

    Is there a cheaper alternative to the Seagate Expansion Drive?

    It is way too overpriced.

    Correct me if I am wrong.

    I have always been a Playstation owner (1-5) and I am about to crossover to the XBox.

    So would like to know more.

    :)
     
    mat rock, Sep 16, 2023
    #1
  2. SigmaTheDJ Win User

    XBox Series X - Additional Storage

    The only 2 options right now are the Seagate cards, which come in 512GB, 1TB or 2TB sizes, and the Western Digital WD_Black C50 cards, which come in 512GB or 1TB sizes.

    When it comes to external HDDs and SSDs, you can store any game on one, but whether the game will run from one depends on if it's optimised for the Series X/S or not. If it is, it will only run from the internal SSD or one of the expansion cards. If it's not, it will run from the external drive. Obviously, pretty much all new games are gonna be optimised for the X/S consoles.
  3. mat rock Win User

    XBox Series X - Additional Storage

    understand that. just that i find it way too overpriced.

    I got a M2 SSD (2TB) for the PS5 Expansion Slot about USD120.

    Thus looking at alternatives.
  4. mat rock Win User

    XBox Series X - Additional Storage

    WD one is like the Expansion Drive?
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

    XBox Series X - Additional Storage

    Modern games require high data transfer rates, which only fast SSDs can accomplish

    These are more expensive than platter drives

    Western digital now makes ones that are slightly cheaper. You can play Xbox One games from USB, but no Series games. They must be played from the internal storage or the external card.
  6. ngocphi Win User

    XBox Series X - Additional Storage

    This is the same requirement on all next gen devices as hdds and ssds are far too slow and are bottlenecked by usb running at 500mbps vs 4.8gbps on series x and 4.5gbps on ps 5 not to mention you skip going theu multiple buses wirh nvme

    It isn't a design flag but and upgrade
Thema:

XBox Series X - Additional Storage

Loading...
  1. XBox Series X - Additional Storage - Similar Threads - Series Additional Storage

  2. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  3. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  4. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  5. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  6. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  7. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  8. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...
  9. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  10. Why cant i get halo 3 xbox 360 addition on xbox series S

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i get halo 3 xbox 360 addition on xbox series S: It wont let me download it cause it says its not currently available 446b37fa-95e9-4378-8380-8d99407accd4