Xbox Series X Abysmal Download Speeds.

Discus and support Xbox Series X Abysmal Download Speeds. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox Series X connected to my Nighthawk router via a Cat 6 ethernet cable, and the router is in turn connected to a 1gb internet connection.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by P3t3Trant3r, Jan 8, 2022.

  1. P3t3Trant3r
    P3t3Trant3r Guest

    Xbox Series X Abysmal Download Speeds.


    I have an Xbox Series X connected to my Nighthawk router via a Cat 6 ethernet cable, and the router is in turn connected to a 1gb internet connection. When I use the built in Test Network Speed & Statistics test option in the console network settings, it's maxing out at around 245mbps download and even less on upload, and this is also the case when I download games or apps with nothing running in the background. However, when I use the various online speed tests available on Microsoft Edge on the Series X (including speedtest.net), I'm getting between 800mbps and 930mbps, showing the bottleneck isn't the console or my network/ISP, rather Microsoft's infrastructure. This slow speed also appears to be the same regardless of the time of day.

    Does anyone have any idea why a company the size of Microsoft has such an abysmal download speed on their infrastructure, and when they're going to resolve it?

    :)
     
    P3t3Trant3r, Jan 8, 2022
    #1
  2. BonkersBM Win User

    Xbox Series X Abysmal Download Speeds.

    Yep. Same issues here. On multiple XBOXes
  3. P3t3Trant3r Win User

    Xbox Series X Abysmal Download Speeds.

    Anyone with the same issue?
  4. XBF - Drew Win User

    Xbox Series X Abysmal Download Speeds.

    Hi P3t3Trant3r,

    Reigniting this thread to see if you are still experiencing slow download speeds on the Xbox Series X. Something that can really help Team Xbox investigate what’s going on here is when you do experience this, please immediately Report the Problem on your Xbox console and let us know you reported it in the forums.



    Thank you!

    XBF Drew
  5. Kathy A. Win User

    Gamepass for PC download speeds are ABYSMAL

    Hello Barrett73,

    Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.



    We appreciate your report. We know that you wanted to play games and take advantage of mods or other game content modifications. Although we understand that you must play the game in its modified form, only the game's developer should authorize mods.

    If mods is authorize by the game developer it would be easier for you and other game enthusiast to play and apply mods. If it is otherwise, that would cause you being reported or banned to the game. Please let Bethesda Support know about your intention in adding mods to their game.

    As mods may compromise the security and stability of Windows devices, require the uninstall and reinstallation of games, and expose Xbox network and device data. Mods are not rated by the ESRB or other boards, may not function properly, and may not be compatible with next upgrades.

    Mods are not owned, operated, or tested by Microsoft. Microsoft is not responsible for game mods or actions taken by mods installed on your device.

    Learn more here: Enable PC game mods | Xbox Support

    Sincerely,



    Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Chaaaaz Win User

    Xbox series x download speed less than all other devices

    Hello,

    Are you suggesting that Xbox series x are not capable at all of getting more than 250 download speed? I have a friend who lives less than a mile aware who pulls through over a 1gbps on series x, how do you explain that?

    Appreciate 250 is a good speed, but besides the point. Why should Microsoft gamers be limited to 250mbps download speed when WiFi packages exceed this massively?
Thema:

Xbox Series X Abysmal Download Speeds.

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X Abysmal Download Speeds. - Similar Threads - Series Abysmal Download

  2. Xbox Series S Twitch linking problem — QR code keeps appearing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S Twitch linking problem — QR code keeps appearing: Hey everyone, I'm having trouble streaming on Twitch from my Xbox Series S. When I select livestream on my Xbox, it shows a QR code. I scan it with my phone, Twitch opens, and I go through the...
  3. Xbox Series X Discord crashing..

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Discord crashing..: When loading into discord and swapping to game chat it crashes the xbox ui and disconnects me from the discord call never happened before the newest xbox update submitted by...
  4. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  5. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  6. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  7. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  8. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  9. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  10. Xbox Series X is a cheaply made, abysmal console

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X is a cheaply made, abysmal console: Had an Xbox series X for a while now and it's just absolutely bad. Terrible first party games, nonexistent customer support, cheaply made terrible controllers (I have reverted to using my Xbox...