Xbox Series X absolutely doesn’t work with Alexa

Discus and support Xbox Series X absolutely doesn’t work with Alexa in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have all the proper settings changed, I had an Xbox one up until about November of 2023, and ALWAYS used my Alexa to turn on, adjust volume, launch... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Michael D Ancona, Feb 9, 2024.

  1. Xbox Series X absolutely doesn’t work with Alexa


    I have all the proper settings changed, I had an Xbox one up until about November of 2023, and ALWAYS used my Alexa to turn on, adjust volume, launch specific apps or games, and when I upgraded to the Series X, all of that stopped working.

    The TV no longer turns on automatically when my Xbox turns on…

    The Xbox can no longer control my TV volume, not even through the Xbox remote app on my phone. A big downside to the “upgrade”

    and Alexa won’t turn the console on, so remote play is unavailable to me.

    I removed my Xbox console from my Alexa app, and then while the power to my console was off, I used my home WiFi network to search for new devices to link to Alexa. The Xbox popped up almost instantly, so I reconnected it to the app, pressed the “power on” button on the app and it says “server is unresponsive”

    In the past. I’ve been on lunch break at work and tried remote play using a Backbone device, and when I had the Xbox One, it worked probably 6/10 times. but now with the series X, I’ve never had it work when I was away from home. Not a single time.

    I looked into Network type and see that my NAT type is almost always on open or moderate, but when I run the test for remote play capability, the Xbox says I should have a good experience.

    When it works. It’s good, but truly, it worked way better when I had the Xbox One. I’ve seen Reddit posts claiming that the series x doesn’t support the same features the Xbox one did because those features are “outdated” so maybe it’s my modem, or my TV, or my echo 3 device that is now a model or two older. Im not sure, but with the lack of success, I’m hesitant to spend more money for it to continue not working.

    I am absolutely at a loss. I truly had a better experience playing on my Xbox One. Especially with Cloud gaming and remote play. The series X seems like a downgrade in many ways. The key one being that it no longer supports volume or Tv controls via HDMI.

    :)
     
    Michael D Ancona, Feb 9, 2024
    #1
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Xbox Series X absolutely doesn’t work with Alexa

    You need to turn on HDMI-CEC to control the TV through the Xbox

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/display-sound/hdmi-cec

    I have a lot of things on my personal echo that constantly refuse to work. My guess would be that the problem is more likely with Amazon Web services than anything else

    You should also make sure that all of the Xbox ports are open on your router

    if you're unsure how to do this, please consult your manual or your Internet service provider if you got it from them

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/connect-network/network-ports-used-xbox-live
  3. LFC JAY E 9193 Win User

    Your fav xbox console design?

    I'm liking the Xbox series X design.

    Looks like a father to the Alexa device 😂
  4. ____ _____ Win User

    black ops 2 game chat

    It didn’t work and I also have a Xbox series x trying to use the bo2 game chat and doesn’t work with my A20 headset
  5. ____ _____ Win User

    black ops 2 game chat

    It’s every Xbox 360 I tried for black ops 1 and game chat doesn’t work too on my Xbox series x
  6. WonkCQC Win User

    My Xbox controller won’t control DVD’s on my Xbox Series X

    I did all the above and it still doesn’t work, the DVD works in my old Xbox one with the same controller I’m using for my series X.
Thema:

Xbox Series X absolutely doesn’t work with Alexa

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X absolutely doesn’t work with Alexa - Similar Threads - Series absolutely doesn’t

  2. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  3. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  4. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  5. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  6. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  7. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  8. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...
  9. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  10. Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.: Hey everyone! I don't know if I'm the only one who shutdown completly his Xbox Series X... But it's kinda annoying to go into the options and power menu to do it. I think it could be nice to have...