Xbox Series X 5ghz Wifi issues

Discus and support Xbox Series X 5ghz Wifi issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Alright everyone so after months of testing and even sending my Series X console in for a “repair” (I just got a new unit) I feel comfortable making... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AustinSkender, Nov 11, 2021.

  1. Xbox Series X 5ghz Wifi issues


    Alright everyone so after months of testing and even sending my Series X console in for a “repair” (I just got a new unit) I feel comfortable making this post now.

    I’ve seen maybe a couple of other posts regarding WiFi connection drop outs on the Series X strictly pertaining to the 5ghz frequency. I had these issues since day one. I literally tried everything to see if I could stabilize the connection. I tried changing the 5ghz channel to multiple different ones, i used my killer networking WiFi analyzer to ensure I was avoiding interference if at all possible. I even went as far as getting a new router. Nothing.

    Now I want to make this clear to those who find themselves reading this, this problem only happens over 5ghz, I can switch to 2.4ghz and everything will be fine as far as connection stability and it has nothing to do with signal strength because my Xbox is maybe 20-25 feet in the next room, on the same floor, through a single wall, and My router is no slouch either. This problem only happens to my Xbox, everything else in my home (even my PS5) connected over 5ghz is perfectly fine.

    Don’t get me wrong, I love my Series X, and now that I have a new fiber connection I find the 2.4ghz WiFi at least usable now but it’s literally 1/8th my potential maximum speed. I just wanted to make Microsoft aware that this is a hardware/design defect. From tear down videos I have watched of the console I did not see any antenna wires ran to the outer chassis (please correct me if I’m wrong). It’s also extremely disappointing that the Series X doesn’t not at least have AX WiFi functionality.

    Hopefully this helps some folks out. Thank you for your time.

    :)
     
    AustinSkender, Nov 11, 2021
    #1
  2. ScottBZ Win User

    My Xbox won’t find my 5ghz wifi, but I can see neighbors 5ghz wifi. Any solutions? The 5ghz is visible in all of my other devices such as phones or laptops.

    My Xbox won’t find my 5ghz wifi, but I can see neighbors 5ghz wifi. Any solutions? The 5ghz is visible in all of my other devices such as phones or laptops.
    Hi, I am not sure if i am right, it may be that the current Xbox wifi driving program is not working with your 5ghz wifi device. I could like to suggest to upgrade the wifi driving program. Hope this works.
  3. sandy the hippy Win User

    WiFi connection

    You may want to check if your wireless is 2.4 or 5ghz combined.

    Most routers use 1 wifi network across both 2.4 and 5ghz frequency bands. This can be an issue. 2.4ghz has a further range than 5ghz, and if using 5ghz the signal may drop causing a disconnect.

    It should be possible via router wifi settings to separate the 2, effectively making your router have "2" wifi networks- one running 2.4ghz and one using 5ghz. They doing that, and connecting only via the 2.4ghz and see if the issue persists
  4. KimCai Win User

    Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi

    Hi Kyle

    Yes it’s separate into 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. I don’t Unify it.
  5. KimCai Win User

    Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi

    Hi Kyle

    Thanks for your reply!

    Yes, I’m aware of that. All my devices have no problem with 5Ghz and the xbox is just 5 meters away from my router (Tenda AC2100 Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router) And no walls in between.

    Thanks,

    Ogas.
  6. KimCai Win User

    Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi

    Hi

    Unfortunately, I’m the only one in the area that has a 5Ghz network. I tried set up 5Ghz mobile hotspot on laptop and the Xbox can’t find it still.
Thema:

Xbox Series X 5ghz Wifi issues

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X 5ghz Wifi issues - Similar Threads - Series 5ghz Wifi

  2. Xbox Series X Discord crashing..

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Discord crashing..: When loading into discord and swapping to game chat it crashes the xbox ui and disconnects me from the discord call never happened before the newest xbox update submitted by...
  3. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  4. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  5. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  6. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  7. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  8. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  9. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  10. Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi: Hello, I just bought an Xbox Series X and I found out that i am unable to find 5Ghz under wifi. Ive read some forums i need to put Bandwith 40 or above and switching between Network Mode....