: Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues

Discus and support : Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues 5GHz is good for speed and bandwidth but it useless for range, if you have walls with insulation then that will cause... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by EvanVarner, Aug 15, 2021.

1. EvanVarner
    EvanVarner Guest

5GHz is good for speed and bandwidth but it useless for range, if you have walls with insulation then that will cause issues.

2.4 is more reliable due to having a better range and being more consistent, but slower.

whats the distance from your router, is wired even an option for you.

:)

EvanVarner, Aug 15, 2021
  2. EvanVarner Win User

Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues

Understood. I have used old Xbox versions in this room with 5 GHz with no issues, it’s about 20ft through one wall so I don’t believe that is the issue.

Sadly wired is not as there are no ports in the room. I would have to run a cable through the wall.

After doing some further research on here. Looks like playing COD also showcases the issue as well so it may be something I have to live with due to the titles themselves.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues

5GHz is good for speed and bandwidth but it useless for range, if you have walls with insulation then that will cause issues.

2.4 is more reliable due to having a better range and being more consistent, but slower.

whats the distance from your router, is wired even an option for you.
  4. Leonard_Y Win User

Xbox Series X doesn't want to connect to 5GHz connection.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Xbox forum.

It seems that your Xbox Series X doesn't want to connect to 5GHz Wi-Fi. We need to invesigate this to find the best possible solution to this problem. Let's work on this together.

To better understand the situation, we would like to ask some questions, such as:

• What error message are you getting when you try to connect to the 5 GHz Wi-Fi network?
    • Kindly send us a screenshot of the error

To further isolate the issue, kindly try the methods below

• Disable/Remove the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi

- split 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands or disable the 2.4 GHz band through the router’s interface. Then scan for new WiFi on your Xbox and connect to the 5 GHz exclusive band

Sincerely,

Leonardo_Y
  5. Jonathan Gin Win User

Is there any advantage to upgrading my wireless router?

To Samuel3201 point and your question about 2.4/5 GHz simultaneous. The xbox 360 will not be connected with 2.4/5 GHz simultaneously. Your router being 2.4/5 GHz simultaneous/dual band just means that it will be able to route traffic on both the 2.4 GHz
    and 5 GHz clients at the same time, but not combine them. Think of it as the router having 2 phones and talking to 2 people at the same time as opposed to only have a single phone talking to one person, hanging up and calling another. Also xbox has only released
    wireless adapters that are compatible on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz using the standards b/g (2.4 GHz) a(5 GHz) on the old wireless adapters and then the new wireless adapters can do those other standards plus n(2.4/5 GHz).
  6. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Xbox series x cannot connect to 5 ghz band

Okay let me suggest something stronger!

The first step in resetting an Xbox is to open the main menu. This can be accomplished in one of two ways:

Press the home button on your Xbox controller. This is the illuminated button with a stylized X that is centrally located on the front of the controller near the top.

Alternately, you can press the left bumper until you reach the home tab, and then press left on the d-pad.

Press down on the d-pad until you reach the gear icon.

Press the A button to select the gear icon.

With all settings highlighted, press the A button again to open the settings menu.

Press down on the d-pad until you reach System.

Press the A button to open the ​System submenu.

With console info highlighted, press the A button again.

Press down on the d-pad to select reset console.

Press the A button to select this option and move to the final step.

Press left on the d-pad to select Reset and remove everything. Then press the A button.

YOU WILL NEED YOUR EMAIL AND PASSWORD
Thema:

1. : Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues - Similar Threads - Series GHz Issues

2. Elite Series 2 input delay issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 input delay issue: I bought my Elite Series 2 about 4 months ago, it was working like a charm and I haven't noticed any issues with it and it happened to be my favourite controller. But about a week ago, all of a...
  3. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  4. Xbox series s won't power on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s won't power on: All my light does is flash n goes off c0832ebb-b595-4858-ab40-d6cc803d6d35
  5. Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.: So today I plugged in and turned on my xbox series x for the first time in 2 months. There was of course a system update of 5gbs. I noticed the whole time the update was happening, the power light...
  6. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  7. Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?: My Xbox S is acting strange lately, my controller is always plugged into my xbox and today it was working and then right in the middle of the game. It just turned off so I unplugged it then...
  8. Xbox Series elite 2 Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series elite 2 Issue: Is there any fix for a brand new controller for the “LT” bumper not wanting to work it will work on the top two settings but in the last one with the less pull it just does not want to work I’ve...
  9. I bought xbox series x 2 days ago and I got to know about a banned on the console.pls I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought xbox series x 2 days ago and I got to know about a banned on the console.pls I...: [Mod removed] Seriel number of the console .SN:(Mod Removed) 29138814-07da-40fa-8363-bc6ff1e74832
  10. I bought a new Xbox Series S but it only detect and connect to 2.4 ghz wifi , but not able...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a new Xbox Series S but it only detect and connect to 2.4 ghz wifi , but not able...: I bought a new Xbox Series S but it only detect and connect to 2.4 ghz wifi , but not able to detect and connect to 5ghz wifi . Is there any solution or i have to replace the unit?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox series x issues forums