Xbox Series X 4k 60fps gameplay not functioning.

Discus and support Xbox Series X 4k 60fps gameplay not functioning. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Series X is outputting 4k 60hz to my TV for the OS and streaming, however under the 4k Tv details I see the following. TV resolution: Your tv... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by rbrassington, Nov 13, 2020.

  1. rbrassington
    rbrassington Guest

    Xbox Series X 4k 60fps gameplay not functioning.


    My Series X is outputting 4k 60hz to my TV for the OS and streaming, however under the 4k Tv details I see the following.

    TV resolution:

    Your tv supports 4k UHD (60Hz)

    Your TV setup doesn't support 4k UHD 120Hz ---This is expected as it's an hdmi 2.0 + 4k 60hz TV.

    Playing Games:

    Your tv setup supports up to native 1080p at 120 FPS. I'm not sure why it is limiting me to 1080p when it states the tv supports 4k 60, it's contradicting itself.

    Your TV supports HDR10 for gaming.

    Watching movies and tv is all checkmarks except Dolby Vision.

    Does anyone know how to resolve this? Is this a software bug I'll have to wait out or is my 55IJ6200 LG TV from 2017 really unable to game at 4k, but does everything else nicely in 4k and HDR?

    :)
     
    rbrassington, Nov 13, 2020
    #1
  2. VoraFero Win User

    Xbox Series X 4k 60fps gameplay not functioning.

    It's either a 4K panel or a 1080p panel and it's either 60Hz or 120Hz, but you're correct that it seems to contradict itself. I wonder if it could be a television setting? I know on my TV, I have to enable the external input setting to enable 4K120. I
    presume you're using the HDMI that cable came w/ your Xbox?
  3. [Farscape] Win User

    will the one x be unlocked on games with fps caps when the new consoles arrive?

    series s will struggle on demanding games to keep 60fps at 1080p. the series x will struggle to keep 60fps at 4k thats for sure. the series x will be ok at 120fps at 1080 and most likely 1440.
  4. luissolid Win User

    Xbox Series X thoughts?

    The new Xbox Looks amazing abd the series X it's going to be epic to play your games on 4K/60fps!

    I can't wait to play HALO Infinite on Series X!
  5. [Farscape] Win User

    Xbox Series X 120hz issue.

    what are you seeing, the xbox series x can connect and show 4k 120hz but most games will be 4k 60fps if that, there are the odd ones that can indeed hit that target dynamically.
  6. steven taylor2 Win User

    Microsoft GASLIGHTING?

    My question was not about gaming in 8K, but why Series X struggles at 1440p to do 60FPS. 8K was only mentioned as an example of how pathetic certain claims are about the console, since it cannot even do 4K at 60FPS. That's the only reason I mentioned it. However, 4K gaming at 60FPS IS INDEED a claim Microsoft makes. Yet it cannot do it. When devs try to have both, the hardware struggles too much. So lets just stick with 4K and forget about my mention of 8K.

    Q: Why do they lie and say Series X can handle 4K at 60FPS WHEN IT OBVIOUSLY CANNOT?
Thema:

Xbox Series X 4k 60fps gameplay not functioning.

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X 4k 60fps gameplay not functioning. - Similar Threads - Series 60fps gameplay

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Battlefield 6 series x 2k 60fps while ps5 pro runs natively at 4k 60fps

    in XboX Insiders
    Battlefield 6 series x 2k 60fps while ps5 pro runs natively at 4k 60fps: Why raise the Xbox series x price console when the ps5 pro runs natively 4k at 60fps they also added the classic resident evil 2 and 3 nemisis on ps plus With features like fully support share...
  8. How can I solve fps problems on Fortnite Xbox Series S at 60fps?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I solve fps problems on Fortnite Xbox Series S at 60fps?: I play Fortnite on Xbox series s at 60fps but every time I start a fight the fps drops to 40/30 how can I solve it, it's not a console problem because I play GTA online and I don't have this...
  9. 60FPS+ - Is it the same thing as FPS Boost for Xbox Series X/S?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    60FPS+ - Is it the same thing as FPS Boost for Xbox Series X/S?: Hi, so I know what FPS Boost means for Xbox Series X/S already, but I notice on some games the cababilities say something called "60FPS+", is that the same thing or not? If it is the same thing...
  10. Can I Record On 1080 60fps From XBOX Series X With an USB 3.1 Gen 2 External SSD

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I Record On 1080 60fps From XBOX Series X With an USB 3.1 Gen 2 External SSD: I Want To Know Can I capture a 60 Min 1080 60fps video on XBOX Series X With USB 3.1 Gen 2 External SSD. f00c906d-d721-405d-a73e-e6a97d58e790