Xbox Series X 4K 120FPS not supported on TV, but TV supports 4K 120

Discus and support Xbox Series X 4K 120FPS not supported on TV, but TV supports 4K 120 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I upgraded to a Vizio V series 4K tv. You know the TV that advertizes its spefically for gaming and supports 120 FPS at 4K, but my xbox series X is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ScooterMcFudden, Feb 23, 2021.

  1. Xbox Series X 4K 120FPS not supported on TV, but TV supports 4K 120


    So I upgraded to a Vizio V series 4K tv. You know the TV that advertizes its spefically for gaming and supports 120 FPS at 4K, but my xbox series X is insisting it does not and i must scale down to 1080p to get 120 FPS. What gives?

    :)
     
    ScooterMcFudden, Feb 23, 2021
    #1
  2. cpt sheridan Win User

    Xbox series s

    To a degree you don't need a tv that supports HDMI 2.1 to play supported games 120 FPS.

    I bought a 4k/HDR LG tv about three years ago and it's HMDI 2.0 but it doesn't support 120FPS at 4k but if I went into the settings of my Xbox Series S and X and changed the resolution from 4k to 1080p I can then set FPS to 120 as my consoles tell me I can play 120 FPS games at 1080p.
  3. non one c Win User

    Xbox Series S does not and will not support 2K at 120hz with HDMI 2.0

    HDMI 2.0 only supports 1440p60 or 1080p120.
    If you want a higher resolution with 120fps, you'll need a HDMI 2.1 cable.

    Your Series S also supports 4k with up to 120fps, just like the Series X.

    You can find more info here Set up 4K gaming at 120 Hz on Xbox Series X | Xbox Support when you expand the "Enable 120 Hz without 4K" Tab.
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

    Xbox serie x 120 FPS TV Samsung 55TU8005

    hi i would like to have 120 fps on my tv with my serie x , i take yu a screenshot of settings tv, i dont understand why in settings xbox they dont proposed 120 fps at 4k but i can play 120 fps at 1080p ?
    You won't get 120 fps on that TV, as it's only a 60hz display, 60hz = 60 fps at most

    To get up to 120 fps at 4K, you need a TV that supports 120hz and has HDMI 2.1 ports and again your TV only has HDMI 2.0 ports, but most games on the Series X are locked to 60 fps at 4K,

    Something like the LG CX is the best TV to get at the moment, and that's a TV that can go 4K at 120hz,

    A 60hz display = up to a maximum of 60 fps

    A 120hz display = up to a maximum of 120 fps.
  5. Ignroavo Win User

    Xbox One X VRR Issue

    I had the same issue using a Denon hdmi 2.1 AVR. I solved it using VRR with 120hz, but I have a hdmi 2.1 tv and a Series X, not One X. I guess you are stuck with 4k without vrr or full hd 120 and vrr. Another solution is to connect the Xbox directly to the tv and use arc/earc for audio, but One X does not support 4k 120hz, so you are stuck with full hd 120 if you use vrr.
  6. [Farscape] Win User

    Xbox S S TV

    I am yet to see a tv that will do 1440 other than a monitor, tv's tend to land 1080p to 4k and the series s wont push all games at 120fps at 1440, if you have 10k to spend you can get a very descent 4k tv and the series x and have plenty of change too.
Thema:

Xbox Series X 4K 120FPS not supported on TV, but TV supports 4K 120

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X 4K 120FPS not supported on TV, but TV supports 4K 120 - Similar Threads - Series 120FPS supported

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. Why doesn't my Series X work at 120fps?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my Series X work at 120fps?: When set for 120fps, the controller continually disconnects it self every 5 or so seconds f5e51840-aa9a-4a45-b1ea-d921f0f3593e
  9. Monitor specs which will allow playing Fortnite at 120fps on Xbox series S

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Monitor specs which will allow playing Fortnite at 120fps on Xbox series S: Hello. Could anyone tell me what are the specs I should look into when buying a monitor, so that it can be used for playing Fortnite on Xbox series S at 120fps? I have recently acquired a monitor...
  10. Will an MSI G27C4 E2 monitor and an Xbox series S be able to run 120fps paired together?

    in XBoX on Windows
    Will an MSI G27C4 E2 monitor and an Xbox series S be able to run 120fps paired together?: I'm having trouble pairing these 2 so fortnite will run at 120fps. The monitor is is set at 120hz the Xbox is set 120hz at 1080p but the game stays on 60fps, no setting shows up under video and...