Xbox Series Update DELETED all my Forza Horizon 4 game data

Discus and support Xbox Series Update DELETED all my Forza Horizon 4 game data in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I received an Xbox Series X recently. As all of my game titles were stored on an external hard drive connected an Xbox One, of course, right out of the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by E.J.Berry, Mar 28, 2022.

1. E.J.Berry
    E.J.Berry Guest

I received an Xbox Series X recently. As all of my game titles were stored on an external hard drive connected an Xbox One, of course, right out of the box, upon connecting the external drive to the new console and the console to the internet, many of them required massive amounts of updates for the games (Dead by Daylight, Forza Horizon 4, Fortnight, Call of Duty, HALO, etc) to make them compatible with the new "improved" X|S system. I live in a rural area with limited internet speeds so this was exhaustingly long process.

After they finally completed, I rebooted the system, logged into my Xbox account and to my abject horror, when I started Forza Horizon 4, (the one I was most looking forward to in 4K) all of my previously saved game data was wiped clean and the game defaulted to the opening sequence, completely destroying over 3 1/2 years of saved game play including very difficult to acquire (nearly unobtainable) in game items.

"Xbox Assist" provides absolutely zero discernable assistance with auto prompter after auto prompter after auto prompter leading me in endless circles and never allowing me to actually contact a living, breathing person to assist me with this issue.

Which is why I am posting in this forum; I am at the end of my rope. I am absolutely terrified to attempt to log back into the new console and try any other game for fear that the system has wiped all of the save data for every game that it updated. Does anyone have any clue why this happened or is there any way to rectify this problem? With this "Oh well, tough luck, start over" issue and the complete lack of support I feel that this machine was a complete waste of the over $1200.00 US spent on the system, headphones, controllers, etc. and I see no light at the end of the tunnel.

Please help.

Thank you,

Nearly In Tears

:)

E.J.Berry, Mar 28, 2022
  2. ChitoConsolacion Win User

Forza Horizon 4 no update option

I tried to launch Forza Horizon 4, but there is no Series 40 content. Everyone is playing Forza Horizon 4 Update 40, except for me because I don't have the latest version. They all left me to play Series 40. What should I do?
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Forza Horizon 4 synchronizing Cloud Data fail, savegame lost

Hi there,

I'm guessing this it the first time you're playing Forza Horizon 4 on PC,

If you've lost your game data for Forza Horizon 4 on PC, having closed the game before allowing it to sync up, ( which it can take some time to do so ),

To make sure you've not completely lost your save data, I would load Forza Horizon 4 on you're Xbox console and see if your save data is ok on the Xbox, if it is ok,

I would then uninstall Forza Horizon 4 from you're PC, then reinstall it and allow it to fully sync up, which may take so time to do so , to see if it works / fixes the issue.

I'm not sure about the Windows 10 update, as I've not had to do any update's to Windows for Forza over the years of going back and fourth playing Forza Horizon 4 between Xbox and PC and having to sync every time i do so.
  4. SGTxJEFFSKYLION Win User

Forza horizon 4 feedback

driveable tanks in Forza Horizon 4 would make the Forza Horizon series into a new game(it would no longer be a Forza Horizon game).
  5. XBF-Spartan Win User

Xbox Series X Update DELETED all my Forza Horizon 4 game data

6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Apagar campanha do forza horizon 4 [Translation - Delete Forza Horizon 4 campaign]

Hi Leonardo!

Thanks for your post, at the time there is no way to delete save data for Forza Horizon 4 on PC. In the game settings there may be an option to start over but that of course would most likely delete all progress and make in irreversible. Check out the

Forza Forums
    for more information also.

I hope this information helps, thanks again!
Thema:

1. Xbox Series Update DELETED all my Forza Horizon 4 game data - Similar Threads - Series Update DELETED

2. Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X: Hey guys! A few weeks ago I was part of the Insider program, I was in the Omega ring (OS Version 10.0.25398.4086), and my Xbox started having problems recording, I simply couldn't start...
  3. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  4. When Updates Are Coming to Series S and X Consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    When Updates Are Coming to Series S and X Consoles: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** c56da21c-daf2-404a-bc36-10e94434f9a0
  5. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not updating on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not updating on PC: Hi I wanted to update the firmware on my new Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller. I installed the Xbox Accessories app, and it prompted me for the update, and I started it But then nothing happens....
  6. Cannot log into any account on XBox Series S after system update March 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot log into any account on XBox Series S after system update March 2024: Last week (around March 19th) when I turned on my XBox, I had a message that I needed to perform a system update. I performed that without issue. Since then, however, no account can log in. I just...
  7. Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...: The Firmware version on my Xbox Series X controller is 1.3.139.1125 I needed a Firmware update because my controller kept turning my screen black then back to normal and the controller being...
  8. Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update

in XboX Insiders
    Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update: Hi, i use a powered USB Hub with two HDD's and a Logitech Dongle since i own my Series X. After the last Update, it stopped working, so my 2 HDD`s won't work anymore:( Tested the Hub with my PC...
  9. Series X wont detect Seagate expansion card anymore since last update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X wont detect Seagate expansion card anymore since last update: So, after last nights console update my series x doesnt detect the seagate expansion card anymore. This sucks. Anyone else with this issue? 79cd6954-eca6-4b71-830d-0d3eb21cb5b3
  10. Help with offline update Cbox One Series S

in XboX Insiders
    Help with offline update Cbox One Series S: CAN ANYONE HELP!! im at my wits end i got a SSD 1 TB i formatted and partitioned the damn thing correctly put it in the Xbox Installed OSU1 ran everything and now I’m getting a damn system error...