Xbox Series S/X Wireless Controller Recognised as 'Bluetooth LE Xinput compatible input...

Discus and support Xbox Series S/X Wireless Controller Recognised as 'Bluetooth LE Xinput compatible input... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently picked up an Xbox X/S Wireless Controller to use for my PC. I hooked up the controller to my PC through USB and downloaded the most recent... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChrispyIQ, Dec 17, 2022.

1. ChrispyIQ
    ChrispyIQ Guest

Xbox Series S/X Wireless Controller Recognised as 'Bluetooth LE Xinput compatible input...

I recently picked up an Xbox X/S Wireless Controller to use for my PC. I hooked up the controller to my PC through USB and downloaded the most recent firmware update available. This worked fine fine.

Then, I disconnected the controller, activated the pairing mode and connected it to my PC through Bluetooth. This went through fine as well.

The problem is that the controller is not being recognised as an Xbox controller by Windows; this results in games' controls not working properly and being mapped wrong. Though Settings shows that an Xbox Wireless controller is connected, when I use the 'Set up USB game controllers' utility in Windows it shows that a Bluetooth LE Xinput compatible input device is being used, rather than an Xbox controller. This is what I believe is causing my issues.

I've since tried to follow all similar threads on this issue to no avail. I have tried reverting back the controller to the stock firmware using this method but it has not worked. I didn't test to see if the controller worked fine through Bluetooth before updating the firmware.

I can provide screenshots of anything if wanted. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

The most similar thread I could find to this issue is this one, which was never resolved.

:)

ChrispyIQ, Dec 17, 2022
  2. S Flaizlett Win User

Problem with Xbox ONE Wireless Controller in NBA 2K22, 2K21 etc

I have 2 controllers. One of them working well "Speedlink Torid" and new one "xbox one wireless". Its a strange thing that official gamepad doesnt work well but chinese one working pretty well. I deleted both of them. I dicovered that when i connect xbox controller, in HID menu apears ''Bluetooth LE XINPUT compatible input device'' and in bluetooth menu appears ''Xbox One Wireless'' When i delete ''Bluetooth LE XINPUT compatible input device'', after system restart it turns back.
  3. TapperP Win User

No vibration on PC using new Xbox One S Controller on Bluetooth

SOLVED!

After a lot of experimenting, I discovered the solution to this issue.

Vibration DOES work with the Xbox One S controller over Bluetooth! I have seen false reports by people that Microsoft has said it doesn't. That is simply incorrect. It does work.

Here is what is happening: sometimes when you connect and disconnect controllers, Windows will get confused about which to set as the PREFERRED game device. That word, PREFERRED, is the key. If the wireless controller is not marked as the preferred device,
    then the control inputs will still work, but vibration data will not be sent to the device.

So, how to fix it? Luckily, it's VERY EASY.

1) Go the Game Controllers window via Control Panel.

2) Click on your controller ("Bluetooth XINPUT compatible input device").

3) Click on "Advanced" below the list of controllers.

4) Select "Bluetooth XINPUT compatible input device" as the preferred device.

Now, you should have full vibration working in Windows games while playing over Bluetooth.
  4. ChrispyIQ Win User

Xbox one controller FIRMWARE ROLLBACK

Hey there,

I've been trying the "xboxaccessories://firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true" command but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I've been trying to use my new Xbox Series X/S Wireless Controller for my PC but the controls don't work properly. Device Manager detects the controller when connected through Bluetooth as ""Bluetooth LE XINPUT compatible input device", which results in the controls not properly mapped/working. I've tried practically everything, but can't get anything to work.

I read an earlier Reddit thread suggesting that a recent or the most recent firmware update (which I updated to thru the Xbox Accessories app) kind of prevented the controllers from working with Windows through a Bluetooth connection. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the controller's drivers through Device Manager multiple times using the 'Let me Pick from a list of available drivers on my computer' but it still doesn't work properly.

Any help would be appreciated!
  5. Jude.1 Win User

No Wireless-Support on Windows 11 for Xbox Series X Controller (with Share-Button)

Hello,

Same problem here...

Xbox x series controller with xbox wireless adapter for windows 10 version 2.

Device manager shows xinput compatible device and also at bluetooth and other devices.

There is no battery indicator shows, only at the game bar.

The game bar unfortunately only shows the words: low - medium and full and no percentage.

It's really ****.
  6. BlitzGear02 Win User

Xbox Series X controller

The Xbox Series X|S controller does not replace your mobile device’s touchscreen controls; instead, it acts as a separate Bluetooth input source for games that are compatible with the controller.

(This means that not being able to control your device with a controller was intentional. It only works in-game.)
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S/X Wireless Controller Recognised as 'Bluetooth LE Xinput compatible input... - Similar Threads - Series Wireless Controller

2. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...: I've also noticed that even the usb is inconsistent and every cord I've used needs to be held at a certain angle to make the controller work. I've already updated the controller's firmware, tried...
  3. series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?: I been noticing when I turn on my xbox console the wireless card for the controllers takes a long time to initialize can anyone help me with this? I did try a factory reset but that didnt work...
  4. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  5. Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S bricked...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S bricked...: I have a Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S. I'm using the controller on my PC with Windows 11.The controller was working fine via bluetooth. I...
  6. Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...: When I came back home as I brought my Xbox to my friends house, it always disconnects from the WiFi and I don't know why. When it disconnected, my controller also disconnected....
  7. Can using a usb for wireless xbox series s controller damage my controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can using a usb for wireless xbox series s controller damage my controller?: Can using a usb for wireless xbox series s controller damage my controller? 4903c42a-5598-4d7c-800e-3cd7270b8e6e
  8. Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose: The right hand rubber grip has started to work loose from the controller, how do I get it repaired? Many thanks, David 8c725e43-a109-46f0-ba31-3889431b1181
  9. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  10. XBox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller only turning on when cable plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller only turning on when cable plugged in: Hi, I recently got an Elite Series 2 controller and am super happy about it, but something is totally wrong unfortunately. 1. The controller will only switch on when I plug the USB C cable in,...