Xbox Series S/X Controllers - Stick Drift Manufacturing Issues

Discus and support Xbox Series S/X Controllers - Stick Drift Manufacturing Issues in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, Myself, a number of my friends and it seems A LOT of people online are having issues with the Xbox Series S/X Controllers. The common problem... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dan Smithyy, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Dan Smithyy
    Dan Smithyy Guest

Hi all,

Myself, a number of my friends and it seems A LOT of people online are having issues with the Xbox Series S/X Controllers. The common problem seems to be stick drift. These controllers are literally breaking left, right and center. For people not familiar, stick drift is where the analog sticks essentially move on their own. My issue for instance is the left analog stick constantly holds as if I was trying to scroll down. This means I can't choose menu options, automatically move in games like Call of Duty Warzone and generally have a terrible experience trying to use my Xbox Series X.

People are getting these issues from day 1 out of the box, a few weeks, and a few months down the line.

Now these controllers aren't cheap but Xbox refuse to help or support this issue, other than telling you to buy a new one, which is unacceptable.

There's two points to this:

1. A large number of people are experiencing this issue which essentially makes it a manufacturing issue with these controllers, especially as people are experiencing it out of the box with no wear & tear.
    2. Xbox are being sued by law firm, Chimicles Schwartz Kriner & Donaldson-Smith over stick drift manufacturing issues.
    If you live in the UK, you ARE covered by The Consumer Rights Act 2015 as the controllers have a manufacturing issue, are not fit for purpose or of satisfactory quality. In fact, you're covered up to 6 years to bring a claim against the retailer you purchased your controller from.

I have tried to deal with Xbox Customer Support and as I write this I've been waiting 1 hour and 15 minutes to get through to someone on the phone, AGAIN. I was given a case number 45 days ago and never received a reply to it.

Xbox want to bury this issue and quite frankly, I've had enough. Xbox need to acknowledge this or I'll be building a website and case against them to fight for people with this issue until they recognise it and resolve it. It is NOT ok to sell defective products and then expect people to go out and buy another controller.

Please let me know if you've experienced this issue and if it would be ok to use your response as evidence of the case.

:)

Dan Smithyy, Jul 3, 2022
  2. Stiff77_490 Win User

Xbox series X controller keeps drifting up

Unboxed my Series X in October. Stick drift within a month. My Xbox 360 Elite controller still works flawlessly after nearly 15 years.

The new controllers are garbage.
  3. Richard Knowles1 Win User

Xbox series X Controller Question

I have bought five new controllers for my Xbox series X game console. ON the Sniper Ghost Contract games 1 and 2 my controller shoots automatically with the left stick. Once you try to hold your breath and lock to shoot an opponent the controller sticks. This is a new problem for me other then the drifting of an old controller. Has anyone else complained about this issues.
  4. SilasJohn2001 Win User

Should I return my controller for a replacement?

I would avoid Xbox Series X/S controllers. My first controller that came with my Series X developed that same issue. After ignoring it for a while (because I play shooters where "A" jumps once) it developed a stick drift. It was internal, and had nothing to do with the actually stick, I later found out. Then every button started double pressing, triple pressing. After figuring out I couldn't get it replaced, I disassembled it and made sure everything was clean and clicked into place. It was. Just blew through ANOTHER Series XS controller after less than 4 months. This time my left stick can't reach full velocity when pushed forward, (which has nearly killed me in Resident Evil, like a thousand times).

So, based on my experience, I can tell you this is very normal for this particular xbox controller.
  5. Shaggy2000 Win User

Right stick drifting

recently bought 2 xbox controller to play on pc.

Both have the same right stick drift from beginning... what a waste of time...thinking about to buy another brand
    All manufacturers controllers can suffer from drift, Nintendo is possibly the worst with the infamous Switch drift
  6. ianvin Win User

Xbox series X controller issue. Buttons not registering.

Unfortunately the above did not help. This is a common issue among many with the controllers for the series X and S. Microsoft needs to really put their things together and go for a patch and better controllers. I am close to getting rid of the console because of all these issues. I had drifting, I had connectivity problem and now this. It's a shame that nowadays controllers appear to be such rubbish. Used the controllers for my ps4 pro for years and never had an issue. However, the series x/s ones seen quite inferior.... Sad story
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S/X Controllers - Stick Drift Manufacturing Issues - Similar Threads - Series Controllers Stick

2. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  3. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  4. Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking: I've been through 3 of these elite controllers now over the last 2 weeks. First one I bought was the "elite 2 core" And that came with stick drift on both right and left I then got a replacement...
  5. Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...: So last August (08 2023) I signed up for a Gamepass Ultimate Subscription (2 years) under the All Access subscription to get a Series X console. Anyways everything has been great until this past...
  6. I have been having an issue with stick drift in my Xbox series X/S ( Shock Blue controller)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have been having an issue with stick drift in my Xbox series X/S ( Shock Blue controller): I have been having bad luck when it comes to Xbox controllers and stick drift. I have updated them to the current firmware, I have used them sparingly, as to not ruin the controller. My left...
  7. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: Keyboard Macros are sticking or not responding at all when...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: Keyboard Macros are sticking or not responding at all when...: Hello! I'm having issues with the Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller. When I connect to PC using the Wireless adapter I have issues with any buttons that are macro'd to keyboard buttons. These macros...
  8. Stick drift in elite series 2 controllers.

in XBoX on Windows
    Stick drift in elite series 2 controllers.: Is there an easy way to fix this without tearing the controller apart? I have both the series 2 and series 2 core controllers and I have stick drift on the right stick. I notice it in a lot of...
  9. How do I fix stick drift on my xbox series s controller out of warranty.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix stick drift on my xbox series s controller out of warranty.: My xbox is out of warranty and I didn't know until now that I can do something about it. My controller has stick drift and is difficult to play games like warzone, Fortnite, Forza etc. What do I...
  10. My elite series 2 controller disconnects whenever I press the right analog stick

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller disconnects whenever I press the right analog stick: Hello I have recently purchased an Elite series 2 controller. I have had a elite series 2 in the pass and I have the same problem. Whenever I simply press down on the right anolag stick it just...