XBOX Series S/X Controller Smoking - Burning Plastic

Discus and support XBOX Series S/X Controller Smoking - Burning Plastic in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all I am having a problem with my new design lab controller my dad purchased before he passed away, I opened the box yesterday placed the new... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Martin Dubyah, Aug 1, 2022.

1. XBOX Series S/X Controller Smoking - Burning Plastic

Hey all I am having a problem with my new design lab controller my dad purchased before he passed away, I opened the box yesterday placed the new batteries in and it worked for an hour or so before the D-pad got really hot and smelt like something burning an a little puff of smoke came out.

Now it isn't turning on and support is impossible to get through to, it keeps saying "There is a problem our end, we are working hard to fix it"

Please can someone point me in the direction to get this sorted please as the controller means a lot to me.

Many thanks

Also forgot to mention the batteries were red hot when I removed them, really worried.

:)

Martin Dubyah, Aug 1, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Martin

Sorry to hear that you're not able to proceed with the warranty for your controller

As Lucas said, here in the forums is not possible to help you specifically with this concern due no one Microsoft agent can manually request the warranty for you due to privacy and security policies

As far as I know callback service is active for UK.

Please in that case ask to someone who you trust to try from their side using your account.

Or you can try starting a chat using the Get Help app with a Windows PC
  3. Martin Dubyah Win User

how long do i need to wait, this has been happening since the 31st an still no help. they know these controllers are a fire hazard but yet we keep getting ignored an post get deleted as if by magic lol
  4. Martin Dubyah Win User

yes still happening, sorry for the delay in replying just got home.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

This happens both when requesting a callback or trying to chat with a live agent?
  6. Martin Dubyah Win User

i have tried every category but it says the same every time, I DONT HAVE A DIFFERENT NUMBER.

please read my replies before replying. i cant understand why people reply if you cant help, you dont understand how stressful this is for me.

thank you
Thema:

1. XBOX Series S/X Controller Smoking - Burning Plastic - Similar Threads - Series Controller Smoking

2. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  3. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  4. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  5. Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?: My Xbox S is acting strange lately, my controller is always plugged into my xbox and today it was working and then right in the middle of the game. It just turned off so I unplugged it then...
  6. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  7. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  8. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  9. Controller sync issues on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync issues on Series X: Have a two yo series x that abruptly lost sync with my controller. Controller uses third party rechargeable battery packs. Both packs are charged and upon trying to reconnect them to the console,...
  10. Xbox Series S Controller Sensitivity Adjustment

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series S Controller Sensitivity Adjustment: Hi team, One of my controllers is overly sensitive and I'm not able to find the 'ease of access' section in my settings (Xbox Series S). I've installed all the latest updates on the console and...