Xbox Series S won't turn on.

Discus and support Xbox Series S won't turn on. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; One day my Xbox series S was working fine, next it won't power on at all either with the controller or the power button on the console. I've tried 3... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by leslie horvath, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Xbox Series S won't turn on.

One day my Xbox series S was working fine, next it won't power on at all either with the controller or the power button on the console. I've tried 3 different power cables and different outlets/surge protectors. I've tried leaving it unplugged for 10 secs/30 mins/ overnight with no luck. I think it's still getting power because my external HDD lights up when plugged and my phone charges which plugged into a USB port.

The console is out of warranty and Microsoft wants 250$ for out of warranty repair so I'm trying to see if I can fix this myself.

Anyone have any ideas? Is this a power supply/board issue or is it possible it got shut off while doing an update and something got corrupted?

:)

leslie horvath, Dec 9, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

I apologize for that, Leslie but in this case, it may mean that the console needs to be repaired. You can also have it checked in any of your local repair shop.
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Xbox series s won't turn on

Hello barbara1956(2),

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

We are sad to hear about the issue that you had with the new Xbox Series S. We understand how important it is to you to fix the issue as soon as possible so you can get back in gaming. Let us see how we can help.

Before we go any further, we would like to set your proper expectation that here in community forum, we do not have the tool to check device’s warranty status and we do not have direct contact with personnel that perform repair. What we can do is to provide you information related to your concern and guide you to the right support where you can get the best resolution to your concern.

Terms and conditions, including warranty terms, are dependent upon where you purchased your device. To review legal documents about the Standard Limited Warranty, Microsoft Complete extended service plan, and extended hardware service plan for business here, see:

Based on the information you have provided; it appears that you have consulted this to the store where you bought the device and store forwarded to Microsoft for repair. We suggest to directly submit a service request order for your device so that it will properly check by the dedicated repair technician. And also, you have to register your device to your account so you can see the device warranty status. If it’s within warranty, repairs are free. If your device is out of warranty, you’ll be charged a repair fee.

To register your device, see the link below:

Then if you want to submit a service order request, follow the instruction through the link below:

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Xbox series s won't turn on

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

We need to isolate the issue further if you have an external hard drive plugged in, can you please unplug the hard drive and then reset the internal power supply by following the steps below:

"Unplug the mains lead from the console.

Wait 10 seconds.

Plug the cord back into the console, and then press the Xbox button  on the front of the console."

Keep the hard drive unplugged.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Hogwarts legacy for Xbox series s says early access even though it came out in February

Are you sure you have a Series S and not a One? The Series S/X version of the game did release in February, but the Xbox One version won't be released until May.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S won't turn on. - Similar Threads - Series won't turn

2. My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...: My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it died and not letting me turn it back on no matter how many cables I try wont even let me charge it again I...
  3. Series S froze on main menu and xbox won't stay turned off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S froze on main menu and xbox won't stay turned off.: I have a 1 yr old Series S, it froze on the homescreen and none of the controller buttons do anything. I can turn it off with the power button on the Xbox but it randomly turns itself back on like...
  4. My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in: Noticed yesterday controller getting low on battery so I plugged it in this morning the controller is completely dead and won't charge 6348e174-872b-40c4-9344-0e26ef6af345
  5. Xbox Series X won't turn on, and the light on the xbox button on the console only stays on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't turn on, and the light on the xbox button on the console only stays on...: When I try to turn my Xbox Series X on by pressing the power button, it plays the "power on" sound and the light goes on for around 1 - 1.5 minutes before turning back off. It was working before,...
  6. Xbox Series S won't stay on, it clicks then turns off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S won't stay on, it clicks then turns off.: Hi , so my Series S randomly stopped working. Every time I try to turn it on it'll light up for a second, make a click and turn off. My first thought was cable/powerstrip, so I tried it on it's on...
  7. My Xbox series S won't turn on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won't turn on.: It won't beep, the LED won't come on, nothing. I KNOW my power supply works because I used my Xbox 7 days ago and that's when it was having the flashing black screen issue (Which is still not...
  8. My launch Series X won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My launch Series X won't turn on: Pushing the power button causes it to turn on and beep for about 1 second, and then it immediately turns off. I've done all the trouble shooting to try and get this thing working again, but the...
  9. Series X won't turn on, but has power to all USB ports

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X won't turn on, but has power to all USB ports: My Series X Console was having a weird issue where the controller wouldn't turn on the machine, but was fixed once the console was unplugged and plugged back in. Fast forward ~1 week and the...
  10. Xbox series X won't connect to tv and turns off after 30 seconds?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X won't connect to tv and turns off after 30 seconds?: My Xbox series X, that I've had without issue for a few months, won't connect to the tv anymore and it turns off after around 30 seconds. The fan doesn't seem to be spinning correctly either- it...