Xbox series s won't connect to wifi no matter what I do

Discus and support Xbox series s won't connect to wifi no matter what I do in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. So I've been having an issue where recently my xbox series s will not connect to my wifi no matter what it is that I do. I clear the cache, I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by StephenSenften, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Xbox series s won't connect to wifi no matter what I do

Hello. So I've been having an issue where recently my xbox series s will not connect to my wifi no matter what it is that I do. I clear the cache, I reset the Mac address, I give it an ip address that works, I tried different dns settings, the thing is it was working just fine a few days ago but recently it won't connect at all. Let me just give a quick rundown of how this typically goes. So I start the xbox, the dashboard pops up and it gives the connect to xbox live thing but when I pull up the Xbox guide it shows my friends list and all the other stuff but I can't really access it because I'm not really connected to the internet. So I go to the network settings to fiddle with it, when I click on network settings and under "Current network settings" under the NAT type (which is unavailable btw) it says "The following services are experiencing issues:" but doesn't say what the issues are and just sends a link to xbox.com/status. I also share my wifi with a few people but when they all get off for bed I still cannot connect to the wifi so I'm just kinda stuck. I have also reset my router a few times but no dice. I tried my phones Hotspot and it connected to that so it's a wifi issue but there is nothing wrong with the internet itself. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

:)

StephenSenften, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, StephenSenften. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

If you are having issues connecting to your wifi and your NAT status is showing as Unavailable, I'd recommend you to follow the Troubleshooting specific NAT errors and the General NAT troubleshooting sections on:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Please let me know if you have any question or are not sure how to proceed troubleshooting this.
  3. [Farscape] Win User

USB adapter+ssd drive+xbox's usb 3.0 port = confirm speeds

but microsoft won't allow xbox series s/x games to run off external no matter what speeds. (they gotta make dollars from proprietary kit)
  4. KyIronHorseman Win User

anyone having issues with the series or one s connecting by ethernet only an not wfi?

yes i have done all the above..if i have it connected via ethernet it is fne but when i go to use the wifi it wont work,,says console is connected but when i try to access my games says a connection error,,, does it on my series s and my xbox one s .. and a friends series x is doing it
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox series X|S alternative high speed storage expansion

Hi,

No, sorry it won't work. The USB ports on the Series X|S are USB 3.1 which have a maximum speed of 500MB/s. This means, no matter what drive you buy, no matter what speed it's rated at, you're stuck at the max speed of the USB port.

The only drives that can be used for Series X|S games are either the internal or the storage expansion card.

I have the Expansion card for my Series X. I also have an external 2TB USB SSD in an enclosure. I can only use the external SSD for Xbox One games. They do load a lot faster than a mechanical hard drive, but I can't play my Series X games off it.
  6. bpzk Win User

internet problem

connection was fine yesterday it just happened today.

i have a xbox series s.

im with sky for wifi sadly.

and everything else is connected to the internet fine.
Thema:

1. Xbox series s won't connect to wifi no matter what I do - Similar Threads - series won't connect

2. My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One: For a little bit I've been using my Xbox Series S Controller to play on my PC, but when I wanted to play my Xbox One again, the controller just did not work, so I tried to reconnect the controller...
  3. The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller: I'm trying to sync my controller to my xbox, the light on the controller will flash but the button on the Xbox isn't causing it to flash and sync. Is this a known issue? Is this something I can...
  4. New Xbox Series S won't connect to Wi-Fi after restart with the correct password. It worked...

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox Series S won't connect to Wi-Fi after restart with the correct password. It worked...: I've tried unplugging for a little bit, restarting, and factory reset, but nothing is working. I just got it a month ago brand new. It connects to my hotspot but not my home Wi-Fi....
  5. Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds: I play connected via usb cable when it just stopped responding. I tried unplugging the cable and plugging it back in, which worked but only for around 4 seconds, i could keep doing that to control...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  7. I have an Xbox series that won't stay connected unless I factory reset or restart router.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox series that won't stay connected unless I factory reset or restart router.: To make a long story short I have an Xbox series x that worked perfectly fine whenever I had my own place with my own Wi-Fi however I had to move and the people I moved in with have their own...
  8. Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?: It works just fine on my Xbox Series S wirelessly and when connected to my PC via USB cable, but it will not stay connected to the PC via the wireless adaptor. This only started recently. It will...
  9. My xbox series x won't connect to my TV and won't sync with my controller I have tried...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x won't connect to my TV and won't sync with my controller I have tried...: I tried to turn on my xbox with my controller and it didn't work I when to press the button and it didn't come up on the tv so I searched it up and it said power cycle and change batteries I did...
  10. Why won't my Xbox Series S connect to my laptop's mobile hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Series S connect to my laptop's mobile hotspot?: Hello, I've tried to restart my Xbox multiple times and connect to it multiple times, but it will not connect. Please help? 7086b439-5d29-4fb8-9670-0326036d3e1a