Xbox Series S with Dev Mode activated turns on automatically after 1:40 minutes

Discus and support Xbox Series S with Dev Mode activated turns on automatically after 1:40 minutes in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Helle there, Since a few days I have a Xbox Series S with Dev Mode activated. Without Dev Mode there is no problem, but with it activated my Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bitt3rsun, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Bitt3rsun
    Bitt3rsun Guest

Helle there,

Since a few days I have a Xbox Series S with Dev Mode activated. Without Dev Mode there is no problem, but with it activated my Xbox turns on automatically after 1 minute and 40 seconds. That is after a complete reset and just after activating/installing Dev Mode. So without any games or apps installed.

It is connected true a surge protection and is with my monitor the only thing connected on the wall outlet. I tried different outlets but the result is the same. So, I tried leaving the xbox not connected for more than 10 minutes.

The power toggle is clean and free of dirt. Cortana is not the problem.

I did reset the console a few times and did the same with dev mode.

I have tested all the different energy savings and automatic updates is disabled. So 'Energy Saving' is selected in the menu. I tried pulling out the batteries of the controller. There is no other device connected to the Xbox. I tried an other TV/monitor.

It is fully updated.

:)

Bitt3rsun, Jan 21, 2023
  2. Richard Abel1 Win User

Just to avoid confusion, the old option was called Instant On. It's now called Sleep mode after an update. And, yes, it will stop your system from turning on by itself when you have it in Dev Mode.
  3. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello Bitt3rsun, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your console.

I've done some research on this particular issue and have found that most people experiencing it on the Series S with the Dev Kit running have fixed it by changing their power settings to Instant On
  4. XBF - Dom Win User

Xbox dev mode activate console code not working when trying to register.

Hello Dude Im 1337,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your issue!

Which console are you trying to activate dev mode on? Are you using a console from Xbox One family or the Xbox Series X|S?

If you're using an Xbox One, you have to perform this through the "Dev Mode Activation" app
    If you're using an Xbox Series X|S, you have to perform this through the "Xbox Dev Mode" app
  5. dsss90 Win User

Xbox Devkit Activation Failed

When you receive and run the dev mode activation app, the app automatically shuts down after page 2. All devkits have the same problem.
  6. RichardPortsmouth1 Win User

Why has dev mode bricked my xbox series s

Hi, with regards as what I was doing with my Xbox, it's neither here nor there. I wastrying to FTB some files across but the folders that show on my pc display don't show on the Xbox.... That's a problem than I've heard called Dev mode brick, and my query was why after paying £12 for a Dev account that the whole world gets cheaper than us here in the UK, and upon activation, it does the 'dev mode brick' stunt with me. Already had my xb1 die due to an update from Xbox insiders at the start of lockdown, have charged on old bank cards appear now and again, but bricking a series S ,literally within minutes of buying Dev account and activating Dev mode is damn naughty ,even by Microsofts (slipping) recent standards. But if you think it's not an issue,and I can test any games when I can't even transfer data to my SSD then I'm definitely in the wrong place. Sorry I don't know exactly where to ask certain questions, it's rare I ever ask any forums. I was curious as to how many had same issue as the update that fried my old Xbox one at the time the series S +X had just released, hardly anyone could get either and like now, there is no one to answer a simple question about an official update that seems to have wrecked a second Xbox of mine. Recently, at certain times....I wonder if I made the right choice, when I chose Microsoft and Xbox over Sony and playstation. Customer service and support is near non existent. Can you maybe show an interest in the issue with the missing folders and files ,and reason I can't FTP any data to my Xbox series S,
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S with Dev Mode activated turns on automatically after 1:40 minutes - Similar Threads - Series Dev Mode

2. Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet: I keep playing online games like Overwatch or siege and my Xbox disconnects from the internet and then reconnects. I’ve tried everything, I’ve turned off my wifi and turned it back on, I’ve...
  3. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  4. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  5. Need Help because can't activate Dev mode on Xbox Series S.

in XboX Insiders
    Need Help because can't activate Dev mode on Xbox Series S.: Hello devs and community, in the past days i had an error on my xbox that can't access to dev mode menu because it shows me an error that says that i cant activate Dev mode on my console, and in...
  6. Hi I bought an xbox dev account for my series s but all i get when trying to activate it is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi I bought an xbox dev account for my series s but all i get when trying to activate it is...: Xbox dev mode activations error c52f5548-aa27-47c1-947a-7b269c339945
  7. Can't create a Dev account to use in my Xbox series X

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't create a Dev account to use in my Xbox series X: I've tried everything I've filled in that damn form to create a dev account and it only reloads the page without going to the paymente page, is it outdated, or what's happening...
  8. Series S and Dev activation

in XBoX Accessibility
    Series S and Dev activation: I've just bought a series S console I downloaded the app from Xbox store I've followed all instructions to the letter joining the dev program but it won't work. What am I missing any help please...
  9. Series X DEV Error 10482/Games won’t load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X DEV Error 10482/Games won’t load: I just bought a series X a few days ago and transferred all my data over. When launching most digital games it loads for a second then goes to the Home Screen and does that over and over. When...
  10. Why has dev mode bricked my xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has dev mode bricked my xbox series s: Dev mode has bricked my xbox series s. Some folders not showing and cant do anything with dev account. Just paid for it and its useless 9f66acda-32eb-44bd-bfa0-49f59ef7c5d0