Xbox series s was hit by lightning and wouldn't come on, so I replaced the power supply and...

Discus and support Xbox series s was hit by lightning and wouldn't come on, so I replaced the power supply and... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox series S was hit by lightning and wouldn't come on, so I replaced the power supply and the light came on with the ding sound but nothing else, no... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WilliamCoward1, Nov 4, 2023.

  1. Xbox series s was hit by lightning and wouldn't come on, so I replaced the power supply and...


    Xbox series S was hit by lightning and wouldn't come on, so I replaced the power supply and the light came on with the ding sound but nothing else, no fan running or any video, what else could it be?

    :)
     
    WilliamCoward1, Nov 4, 2023
    #1
  2. KindGryphon Win User

    Xbox series s was hit by lightning and wouldn't come on, so I replaced the power supply and the light came on with the ding sound but nothing else, no fan running or any video, what else could it be?

    Xbox series S was hit by lightning and wouldn't come on, so I replaced the power supply and the light came on with the ding sound but nothing else, no fan running or any video, what else could it be?
    If it was a lightning strike literally any number of components could've been damaged inside so its hard to say with any certainty.
  3. gds1972 Win User

    XBOX ONE DON'T POWER ON

    Hi

    Xbox One consoles purchased in europe come supplied with a 220-240v power supply and North America uses the 110v system so if you replace the power supply for your console it should then work.

    If you do not want to replace the power supply then the new Xbox One S console supports both 110v and 220v.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Help me!!

    Just so you know, ther is a one S and a Series S, and both have versions with no disc drive.

    New games will require Series.

    I'm guessing you have the one S, and that the power supply has failed.

    Id replace it with a Series S rather than trying to repair it.
  5. MattyMidway Win User

    Does the Xbox One S break easy compare to the normal Xbox One?

    The S is really IMO, to new to tell. So far, I've had my first edition One since launch and it runs like a champ! It even got surged after my house was hit with a direct bolt of lightning! It fried the power supply but I snagged a factory replacement
    and I'm still going strong. By this time years ago, I was on my second 360! I've noticed the S models have had a lot of launch issues that, it seems, Microsoft us scrambling to fix and patch. I'd wait until they release a second edition before buying it.
  6. [Farscape] Win User

    KINNECT

    the xbox one s and the xbox one x need an adapter to make it usb and that also comes with its own power supply.

    the xbox series s and x don't support kinect.
Thema:

Xbox series s was hit by lightning and wouldn't come on, so I replaced the power supply and...

Loading...
  1. Xbox series s was hit by lightning and wouldn't come on, so I replaced the power supply and... - Similar Threads - series was hit

  2. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  3. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  4. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  5. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  6. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  7. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  8. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  9. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  10. Xbox Series X turns off immediately after hitting the power button

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X turns off immediately after hitting the power button: Title says it all. Any reasons for this other than a possible PSU issue? 2c6db711-36ba-4586-bc54-4ccf97338372