Xbox series s unplayable due to lagging

Discus and support Xbox series s unplayable due to lagging in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently bought my series s second hand from a shop and it lags so bad that all multiplayer games are unplayable I just want to ask could something... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by calasp aspinall, Nov 14, 2023.

  1. Xbox series s unplayable due to lagging


    I recently bought my series s second hand from a shop and it lags so bad that all multiplayer games are unplayable

    I just want to ask could something be broken inside my series s that causes it to lag so badly

    The internet connection is good the network tests in the settings come back as good

    And I have also connected my sons Xbox series x to test that it’s not the connection and that works fine

    What could this be

    As if it’s a fault I will take back to the shop

    :)
     
    calasp aspinall, Nov 14, 2023
    #1
  2. calasp aspinall Win User

    Xbox series s unplayable due to lagging

    The other Xbox’s was checked it the same position.

    What could it be in the hardware that’s letting it connect to the Wi-Fi but not playing properly when I go to try and play a match
  3. Sodangidni Win User

    Xbox series s unplayable due to lagging

    I don’t think so.
    Depending on a lot of factors, the Wi-Fi connection can’t be reliable.

    However, you can try placing your Series S where one of the other Xbox are located (in case your Series S is in a different room). But if you think it can be a hardware issue, you can return the console to the seller.
  4. calasp aspinall Win User

    Xbox series s unplayable due to lagging

    If that worked would that prove that the Wi-Fi receiver in the Xbox is at fault ?

    As my Xbox series x and Xbox one connect and play perfectly online via the same Wi-Fi
  5. Sodangidni Win User

    Xbox series s unplayable due to lagging

    I'm afraid to say, but it is not possible to diagnose your console, and we can only speculate about the real issue. So I can't tell you if it's really something in the hardware that's causing you some trouble via Wi-Fi

    However, you may find helpful to change your DNS in case you still didn't try to connect your console via Ethernet:

    Open settings on your console > select network settings > advanced configuration > DNS settings > select manual.
    Insert this IP address 1. 1. 1. 1 and then this other one 1. 0. 0. 1.

    Restart your console before trying again.

    Note: You may want to try with 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as well.

    Thank you,

    Arturo.
  6. Sodangidni Win User

    Xbox series s unplayable due to lagging

    Before considering the Xbox as a faulty device, would be great if you try to connect it to your router via Ethernet and not Wi-Fi connection.
Thema:

Xbox series s unplayable due to lagging

Loading...
  1. Xbox series s unplayable due to lagging - Similar Threads - series unplayable due

  2. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  3. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  4. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  5. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  6. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  7. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...
  8. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  9. Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.: Hey everyone! I don't know if I'm the only one who shutdown completly his Xbox Series X... But it's kinda annoying to go into the options and power menu to do it. I think it could be nice to have...
  10. Buying Xbox series X game on Xbox One (unplayable on xbox one)

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Buying Xbox series X game on Xbox One (unplayable on xbox one): I am looking at the store and it says that STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor cannot be played on my device, but if I were to buy it on my device (xbox one), would I be able to install it on an Xbox series...