Xbox Series S Turns on, but no HDMI and all USB Ports are not working, then the Xbox turns...

Discus and support Xbox Series S Turns on, but no HDMI and all USB Ports are not working, then the Xbox turns... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Alrighty, so I was playing on my Xbox series s when I decided to restart due to some things acting up. During its attempt to restart it didn’t actually... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kade P., Feb 4, 2023.

1. Kade P.
    Kade P. Guest

Xbox Series S Turns on, but no HDMI and all USB Ports are not working, then the Xbox turns...

Alrighty, so I was playing on my Xbox series s when I decided to restart due to some things acting up. During its attempt to restart it didn’t actually restart it just stayed off. Now when I turn it on the light appears to be on. My wired controller doesn’t turn on, on any usb ports. My wireless one turns on just fine. Also my mouse and keyboard don’t turn on anymore. My hard drive for some reason is the only thing receiving power. But then when I try to use other HDMI cables and other USB cables I still have the same problem. Also I have tried to put things in the place of the hard drive and they still get no power. So after around 30 seconds the Xbox turns off. I have tried leaving it alone in a well ventilated area over night with a fan running on It just in case. I have tried unplugging it and plugging it back in.

If you have any suggestions on how to fix I’ll gladly try them. I have only had my Xbox for about 4-5 months not long.

:)

Kade P., Feb 4, 2023
  2. gregkeppeler Win User

Xbox Series X - I can no longer turn off hdmi audio since installing the september update

I have almost the same problem except the error message says

“if you’re using Xbox series X/S, note that HDMI audio can’t be turned off. In other consoles, either optical or HDMI audio must be on. (0x80bd0009)

Why can’t I turn off hdmi audio on Xbox series x it makes no sense?
  3. dans95tbird Win User

August Xbox One update has broken my Turtle Beach x42 transmitter.

Mine just did this today, the headphones turn on but the transmitter that plugs into the usb port on the Xbox One no longer turns on. I have tried all the usb ports on the xbox and nothing. Even tried it on my pc and nothing. Please Help!!!!
  4. Bokor Zombie Win User

So will the series X have an optical out port?

Yes mate the Xbox Series X will have an optical out port, 2 HDMI ports, 2 USB-C port, Ethernet
  5. andersonpassos Win User

New xbox series x won't work with hdmi cable it came with

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting your Xbox Series X to work with the HDMI cable it came with.

Make sure the HDMI cable is securely plugged into the correct HDMI port on your TV and your Xbox Series X.

Try a different HDMI port on your TV to see if that fixes the problem.

Check for any visible damage to the HDMI cable, such as frayed wires or bent connectors. If you find any damage, try using a different HDMI cable.

Power cycle your TV and your Xbox Series X. To do this, turn off both devices, unplug them from the wall, and wait a few minutes before plugging them back in and turning them on again.

Check for any updates for your TV or Xbox Series X and install them if necessary.
  6. andersonpassos Win User

My Xbox Series X doesn't send out the signal to TV.

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble viewing your Xbox Series X on your TV. Here are some things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

Check the HDMI connection: Make sure the HDMI cable is properly connected to the Xbox Series X and the TV. Check the HDMI cable or HDMI ports on your devices for visible damage.

Check TV input: Make sure your TV is set to the correct input for the HDMI port your Xbox Series X is connected to.

Restart Xbox Series X: Try restarting your Xbox Series X by holding down the power button for 10 seconds until it turns off, then unplug it and wait a few minutes before plugging it back in and turning it on.

Reset display settings:

If there is a disc in the console, eject it.

On your console, press and hold the Xbox  button for 10 seconds to turn it off.

Press and hold the Xbox  button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You will hear a beep immediately and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash before the second beep. Don't let go until you hear the second beep or see the console boot into low-resolution mode (the Xbox boot screen will appear slightly pixelated).

Note If you have an Xbox Series S or Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, you will need to press and hold both the Xbox  button and the Pair button as your console does not have an Eject button.

Check for updates: Make sure you have the latest update for your Xbox Series X installed. Updates can sometimes fix display issues.

Hope these suggestions help!
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S Turns on, but no HDMI and all USB Ports are not working, then the Xbox turns... - Similar Threads - Series Turns HDMI

2. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...
  3. Xbox series x loud fan when turning on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x loud fan when turning on: I bought my Xbox series x a month or two ago and have only had this happen twice. When turning on my Xbox after it being off for a while I hear the fan ramp up and then slow back down to the...
  4. X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?: My xbox keeps on disconnecting every time i log in to play, and when i try to reconnect it to WiFi, it takes up to 30 tries to be successful, is really stressful having to type the password 30...
  5. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  6. Xbox Series X - Turning off after powering on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Turning off after powering on: Hi Posting here about an issue that is happening with my brand new Series X Occurring randomly, without a pattern... Might happen today and never happen during the upcoming days, or just happen...
  7. Series X turning off when starting certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X turning off when starting certain games: My Xbox Series X completely shuts down when I try to start certain games. I can watch hours of streaming video with no issues. I can play Hours of Mass Effect 3 with no issues. But when I try to...
  8. Xbox series X not turning on TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X not turning on TV: Hi there, I've had my Xbox Series X for a about a year now, when I first got it I set-up HDMI CEC and connected the HDMI cable to the eARC port on my Samsung smart tv with anynet+ (which is...
  9. Xbox Series X Not turning on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Not turning on: Hello. We have tried changing the HDMI Cables, No issues there at all. TV is working fine and also has no issues. We have tried to reset it but with no luck. Please help....
  10. Xbox Series X console turns on, but no picture. Tried different HDMI leads no joy.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X console turns on, but no picture. Tried different HDMI leads no joy.: Xbox series x turns on, but no Picture. HDMI leads Changed still no joy. Tried all HDMI ports. What to do 5c831746-6730-4f57-95bd-b75a479de0d4