Xbox series S tells me that I already own Netflix when I try to install

Discus and support Xbox series S tells me that I already own Netflix when I try to install in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’m trying to download Netflix onto my Xbox series S. when I press the “get” button is appears with a message telling me that I already own it, but... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Purpanda68, May 26, 2023.

1. Purpanda68
    Purpanda68 Guest

I’m trying to download Netflix onto my Xbox series S. when I press the “get” button is appears with a message telling me that I already own it, but when I check my games and app page, Netflix does not appear, even when I search it. I’ve tried to download other entertainment apps and find the same message appears for NOWtv, but I am able to download apps like disney+ and prime video. I have tried hard restarting my Xbox, resetting the console, changing my region, clearing the alternative MAC address option. Does anybody have any other ideas?

:)

Purpanda68, May 26, 2023
  2. Kevin Lloyd1 Win User

Xbox series S tells me that I already own Netflix when I try to install on NEW XBOX S

Same issue with my series x. Tried all options on these threads, even a factory reset. Still says I own Netflix, when it’s nowhere to be found. What’s the deal??
  3. RainingRoses Win User

Xbox series S tells me that I already own Netflix when I try to install on NEW XBOX S

Hello,

Sorry for not sharing an update on this earlier. There was a delay in communication between all the teams involved.

I’ve just been notified that this issue was resolved a little while ago, but let me know if you’re still not able to install Netflix (or anything else).
  4. Iron Heart1 Win User

I was getting frustrated because I was trying to download Hulu and Netflix and getting this error. Says Get Free, then click on that in the Microsoft store on my brand new Xbox Series S and it says Looks like you already own this and to see it in My Games & Apps or Full Library. I am like huh? Because I never downloaded them before. I go check and they are not listed as owned, obviously. At first I thought this had something to do with me activating Game Pass Ultimate because when I first got the system I downloaded YouTube from the store then activated Game Pass Ultimate to play games at a later time. However, after seeing this thread I don't think this is the issue. I just tried downloading Tubi and Freevee and those worked fine but still no luck with Hulu or Netflix. I would think Microsoft would want to fix this ASAP because of no one download these apps, they would lose revenue. Am very disappointed ngl. I hope they fix this soon.
  5. Karl Wagner Win User

How long till outage is fixed cause I am getting that also
  6. RainingRoses Win User

There unfortunately seems to be an outage affecting the ability to install Netflix on Xbox One and Series X|S consoles, and this would explain why any troubleshooting hasn’t made a difference. There are also multiple recent threads discussing this issue.

I’ve reported this to the team, just waiting on a response. I’ll share an update here as soon as I have one :)
Thema:

1. Xbox series S tells me that I already own Netflix when I try to install - Similar Threads - series tells already

2. I got a new Xbox series s and when I go to join a discord chat it tells me something’s...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I got a new Xbox series s and when I go to join a discord chat it tells me something’s...: Just switch the the series s and had no problem on my old Xbox until I signed into the new one now both of them will not let me join any chat. I’ve restarted the consoles I’ve re linked my account...
  3. I got a new Xbox series s and when I go to join a discord chat it tells me something’s...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got a new Xbox series s and when I go to join a discord chat it tells me something’s...: Just switch the the series s and had no problem on my old Xbox until I signed into the new one now both of them will not let me join any chat. I’ve restarted the consoles I’ve re linked my account...
  4. I can't access Xbox series X console, when I turn it on it keeps telling me to go to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't access Xbox series X console, when I turn it on it keeps telling me to go to...: I can't access Xbox series X console, when I turn it on I get a message to go to microsoft.com/link and enter a code. Where do I enter the code? c3e4ec3b-c415-46cb-bb34-bcea4197c1b4
  5. I have nearly finished Slime Rancher 2, Xbox series X now telling me I don't own the game?...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have nearly finished Slime Rancher 2, Xbox series X now telling me I don't own the game?...: Xbox Series X not letting me play slime Rancher 2, after nearly completing the game, not on trial I own the game c35e4553-73cd-4b8f-8a80-38f26f06c05d
  6. Hi can someone please tell me if the new community series jobs in gta5 is working I can’t...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi can someone please tell me if the new community series jobs in gta5 is working I can’t...: Hi can someone tell me if the new community series jobs in gta5 online is working I can’t seem to access them 044ecaef-5d69-4259-9a73-02ea9e5af1a7
  7. My Xbox series S is telling me I need to rebuy Elden ring even though I previously bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series S is telling me I need to rebuy Elden ring even though I previously bought...: I have just started up my new console and when going to download my old games I noticed Elden ring was not there so I checked the store and it says I need to repurchase it even though I thought it...
  8. My series 2 elite controller keeps telling me to update it updates and then it tells me to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series 2 elite controller keeps telling me to update it updates and then it tells me to...: My series 2 elite controller when when I start console up it's fine. You can remap the buttons, no problem and use it in game as well. The big problem is when you go to map the buttons it asked...
  9. Xbox series x randomly disconnects from wifi and then tells me to check my network name and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x randomly disconnects from wifi and then tells me to check my network name and...: I just got the Xbox series x a few days ago and 3 different times it has disconnected from wifi and when I reconnect it and put in the password, it says to check my network name and password over...
  10. Can someone help tell me why avatar two 4K Blu-ray this won’t read on my Xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can someone help tell me why avatar two 4K Blu-ray this won’t read on my Xbox series X: I bought this 4K movie to watch on my Xbox but it will not read the movie so I’ve taking it back and got a new one two different times and it still won’t read the disc but it reads all other disc...