xbox series s technical question hdmi 2.0

Discus and support xbox series s technical question hdmi 2.0 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Does xbox series s support refresh rate of 120 hz@ 1080p and amd free sync running at same time? Or do you need a specific HDMI connectivity? I'd like... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Awakxnn, Aug 7, 2023.

  1. Awakxnn
    Awakxnn Guest

    xbox series s technical question hdmi 2.0


    Does xbox series s support refresh rate of 120 hz@ 1080p and amd free sync running at same time? Or do you need a specific HDMI connectivity?

    I'd like to see variable refresh rate + 120hz running together.

    :)
     
    Awakxnn, Aug 7, 2023
    #1
  2. Mauro Sarlat Win User

    xbox series s technical question hdmi 2.0

    Hi Awakxnn.

    My name is Mauro and we are happy to help.

    It should work as long as the monitor supports it but not for 4k just 1080p.

    You can more information about this within this Reddit post at the bottom.

    'Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.'

    https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxSeries...series_s_1080p_120hz_vrrfreesync_within_hdmi/
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

    Variable Refresh Rate greyed out with a AMD compatible Monitor (HP 27xq AMD FreeSync monitor)

    The Xbox One X is the only console that has HDMI 2.1. Xbox One S has HDMI 2.0.
    The Xbox One S and One X both use HDMI 2.0,

    The Xbox One uses HDMI 1.4

    The Series X will have HDMI 2.1.
  4. Sermonator91 Win User

    Xbox Series X. 144Htz at 1440p

    Many thanks for your response but I'm afraid you are mistaken. HDMI 2.0 has always supported 1440p at 120hz. Even the article you sent says this.

    "The HDMI 2.0 connector was previously featured on Xbox One X and Xbox One S, with bandwidth limitations locking content to 4K resolution at 60Hz, or 1440p at 120Hz"

    So my question remains How do I get 1440p at 120Hz on the xbox series X with the huawei mateview gt34 monitor that is capable of supporing this?
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

    HDMI Xbox Series S/X

    Hi,

    There is more than enough bandwidth for 1440P @120Hz with HDR on an HDMI 2.0 Monitor. On the current consoles Microsoft decided to lock HDR to 4K displays, but with the Series S that won't be an issue anymore.

    HDMI standards are backwards compatible, so you won't need an HDMI 2.1 compliant Monitor to use Series X or S on an older monitor or TV that only has HDMI 2.0.

    Xbox One X and S can be very fussy when it comes to full monitor support. But if you bought a monitor that fully supports the Xbox One X then it should support the same features on a Series X/S.

    My advice would be to check reviews of monitors actually running on the current consoles with 120Hz support. There are loads of videos on YouTube. Just looking at the specs on a website may not be enough.
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

    Xbox series x

    It depends on what resolution your going to play at and the resolution of the tv,

    if 4K, you need HDMI 2.1 to get 4K at 120hz refresh rate,

    HDMI 2.0 will only allow 4K at 60hz.

    if your at 1080p/1440p, HDMI 2.0 will be ok for 120hz refresh rate, however if it is 1080p/1440p i would recommend getting the Xbox Series S as that is aimed at 1080p/1440p.
Thema:

xbox series s technical question hdmi 2.0

Loading...
  1. xbox series s technical question hdmi 2.0 - Similar Threads - series technical question

  2. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  3. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  6. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...
  7. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  8. Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.: Hey everyone! I don't know if I'm the only one who shutdown completly his Xbox Series X... But it's kinda annoying to go into the options and power menu to do it. I think it could be nice to have...
  9. Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.: Hi Xbox, I am trying to get the disc to digital on my Series X. However, I am unable to join Insider peogram and don't get the option for Delta Update submitted by /u/FarBath3275 [link] [comments]
  10. I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X: I'm currently using an Xbox Series X. I installed the Xbox Insider Hub for the first time today, and it says that "This console is in the Preview Omega ring." In the Manage section, it shows:...