Xbox Series S suddenly slowed down with everything

Discus and support Xbox Series S suddenly slowed down with everything in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there! I've just bought an xbox series S just 2 weeks ago. Both installation and gaming went smoothly until 2-3 days ago. Then, there was a sudden... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Krzysztof Bielas, May 13, 2023.

1. Xbox Series S suddenly slowed down with everything

Hi there! I've just bought an xbox series S just 2 weeks ago. Both installation and gaming went smoothly until 2-3 days ago. Then, there was a sudden change in console behaviour: games started to take long time to launch (few minutes) and crash without obvious reason. Turning xbox off and on didn't help, and it went even worse: launching a console started to take a couple of minutes, and the same for almost every other operation, like launching full library. Almost everything stucks at spinning wheel of loading. Then, it was not possible anymore to install a single game. Playing games in cloud also stopped to work.

So I went through all the steps adviced in the other community threads: holding the power button for several secs, unplugging, waiting 30 minutes etc.. Then tried the hard reset through Settings. Unfortunately, nothing helped. At this point, after resetting and configuration (which goes rather ok although a bit lengthy compared with the initial one) the console gets immediately into super-slow mode. Logging in takes several minutes, there is no possibility to show full library, install games etc.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions that I could try, before I return the device for repair.

:)

Krzysztof Bielas, May 13, 2023
  2. Krzysztof Bielas Win User

No external hard drive, and another account didn't help. I've decided to return the console, we'll see then. Anyway, thanks for your time!
  3. Francia J. Win User

Thank you so much for the update and you're welcome.
  4. Francia J. Win User

I am positive that this is not related to your account but you can try.

Also, do you have an external hard drive plugged into your console? A corrupted hard drive may cause issues as well.
  5. Krzysztof Bielas Win User

Hello, indeed I tried resetting and removing everything several times - no result. Is it possible that something is wrong with my Microsoft account? Should I try and create another account? (obviously there will be no game pass subscription accessible from there, but let's just forget it for a moment)

Just for the additional information - currently I can watch freely e.g. game trailers at Microsoft Store, but the install button at any game freezes at the spinning wheel. Occasionally there is an information on the button that I should buy and manage the Game Pass subscription (which I do have actually). Just for curiosity, I went to games with free access at the store, and even managed to click "install" on one game, but the game have not been installed eventually.
  6. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

Were you able to reset the console keeping your games and apps? If yes, we may need to reset the console removing everything. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, and game clips will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts, and uninstall your games and apps but you can add and reinstall them all of them later on.

"Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and remove everything."
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S suddenly slowed down with everything - Similar Threads - Series suddenly slowed

2. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  3. Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X: So as the title mentioned, dolby atmos suddenly stopped working on my xbox series x. Going into the settings, it still shows 'green tick' on dolby atmos supported tv. I have tested dolby atmos...
  4. uncompressed audio on Xbox Series X suddenly stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    uncompressed audio on Xbox Series X suddenly stopped working: I have an Xbox Series X connected to a Yamaha receiver via HDMI. For months, it's worked perfectly with 7.1 uncompressed audio. Today, I suddenly had no sound. The receiver shows that it is...
  5. Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?: Today I tried to to turn on my Elite Series 2 Controller and it didn't turn on, it was working perfectly fine yesterday, but now it just won't turn on. I use it with an Xbox Series X and i've used...
  6. Xbox series x Controller not working all of sudden

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x Controller not working all of sudden: Hi I went on call of duty MW3 today and my controller all of a sudden didn’t work only the analog’s and RT & LT bumpers are the only thing working. I’ve tried powering the console off unplugged...
  7. I can't join any Discord server calls on my Xbox series X, it suddenly stopped working. How...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't join any Discord server calls on my Xbox series X, it suddenly stopped working. How...: I have seen forum posts regarding this bug and it has still not been resolved since about April. After I try and join a voice channel using Discord on my Xbox from any server, it loads for a while...
  8. Xbox Series X connection suddenly slow out of no where

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X connection suddenly slow out of no where: So my connection has been good for as long as I remember until a week ago everytime I play call of duty or something I have so much packet loss and the game is unplayable. When I go to the network...
  9. Why has my series x suddenly slowed down with network connection?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why has my series x suddenly slowed down with network connection?: I’ll try to keep it short. I have a series x and I run it on xfinity 1200mb plan. Up until a week ago I was running smoothly with 15-18 ping on wireless. Suddenly I can’t play any games because my...
  10. Why is my Xbox One S (Not Series) suddenly Slow, Freezing, and Crashing?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Xbox One S (Not Series) suddenly Slow, Freezing, and Crashing?: The problems: Boot up is slower by a minute or two Home Menu will lag, freeze for a couple of minutes I have only 3 games installed and this is what happens with each: Forza 7: Came with the...