Xbox Series S shut offs randomly

Discus and support Xbox Series S shut offs randomly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought the xbox series S last christmas. And i love it overall. Games load fast and the graphic are a little more crisp then my old xbox one s. But... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Akeem Weathers, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Xbox Series S shut offs randomly

I bought the xbox series S last christmas. And i love it overall. Games load fast and the graphic are a little more crisp then my old xbox one s. But about maybe a month after playing consistently i boticed that after maybe 7hours of gsme time it would just shut off randomly. Like a conolete console crash. My controller would still be on though. My question is. Has anyone else had thia problem and what do i do to fix it? I lost my receipt from gamestop but i do have a rewards card.

:)

Akeem Weathers, Aug 15, 2022
  2. SammyVS Win User

Xbox Series S randomly shuts off.

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

Reset the console to factory defaults, you won't lose anything but you will need to log in with your account again. Email and password are required.

Follow this path and select reset keeping games and app.

In 5 to 10 minutes you will finish reconfiguring your console

To reset the console>

Settings> System> Console Info> Reset Console

**Do not reset the console without having your login information such as email and password

If the problem persists, try reinstalling these games. If the problem still persists, I'm afraid the console will need to be sent in for repair.
  3. Just a Volunteer Win User

Check console Settings>General>Sleep mode and startup to ensure the console isn't set to shut down after 6 hours of use. It's the very first option. I set mine to never turn off.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Akeem

Is your Xbox Series S enough ventilated?

Unexpected shutdowns are related to over heating, you can check required distance in the link below :

"For proper ventilation and to prevent overheating, be sure that your console has a minimum of 4-6 inches of clearance on all sides. Do not place your console inside an enclosed cabinet. Make sure that none of the console’s vents are blocked"

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

I have a Series S too, purchased year and a half ago. Zero problems on it

I just make sure to ventilate it properly as explained above.

If maybe the issue persists I can advise you another two things to try before submitting a repair order:

1. Factory reset your console deleting local content

Go to Settings > System > Console info > reset and then select remove everything

2. In case you didn't try it, could be nice perform an offline update for your console. In that way Xbox system will be installed from scratch.
    For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with steps):

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  5. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Xbox series s randomly shut off

I would strongly suggest trying the troubleshooting steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear

Then select System > Settings > devices and streaming > blue ray > persistent storage > clear three times > restart console.

Also, It would be great if you can delete the local save of the game.

If the issue persists, please check: Troubleshoot Xbox console unexpectedly turning off | Xbox Support
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox Series S randomly shutting off mid-game?

The shutdown is to prevent data corruption due to errors. If you do not get an overheating message this is nothing to worry about

You should file a report about the bug when you reboot by holding down the xbox button and choosing "report a problem". This information is sent to the developer to hopefully address the issue.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S shut offs randomly - Similar Threads - Series shut offs

2. xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens: Hello microsoft i have a problem with my xbox it's really frustating because i only have mine for a few months i always trusted xbox and now this happens on a brand new console that i paid a lot...
  3. Why is my series x shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my series x shutting off: whenever I play rainbow six seige the console just shuts off randomly I spent way to much for the console to not run properly and I have tried all the trouble shoot methods it just really...
  4. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  5. Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply): My Xbox series x has been periodically shutting off, usually after about an hour or two, then every half hour or so after the first time. I purchased a new power supply and installed it myself (I...
  6. My original Xbox One is shutting off just like the Series X.

in XboX Insiders
    My original Xbox One is shutting off just like the Series X.: I try playing games but the power shuts off randomly. I’ve seen others posts about the Xbox One X but I haven’t seen any for the original ones. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated....
  7. Xbox series x shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x shutting off: My Xbox has been randomly shutting completely off on its own. Tried to reset the whole Xbox without removing games didn’t work . Now reset it completely taking everything off and it’s worse trying...
  8. Xbox Series X randomly shuts off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X randomly shuts off: Hello, I see this a lot but I can’t find anything concrete to solving the issue. Recently bought this console in August. Upon playing certain games it would just turn off, controller still on. It...
  9. Not Solved: Xbox series X crashing to dashboard or completely shutting off all together

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not Solved: Xbox series X crashing to dashboard or completely shutting off all together: Found myself at a closed thread with no step in solution from microsoft, so thought I'd get a fresh one started. I have a box that is doing this exact issue, even after maintenancing the internal...
  10. Series X shut off with F1 23 and Fanatec

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X shut off with F1 23 and Fanatec: After playing F1 23 on Series X with Fanatec CSL DD and McLaren V3 wheel, the Series X put a green screen for a couple of seconds, a “buzz” sound and shut off completely. The only way to start it...