Xbox series s showing invalid firnwtbon lg tv - is there a fix?

Discus and support Xbox series s showing invalid firnwtbon lg tv - is there a fix? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox series s used to work on my lg tv but ive been away and have reconnected it and now get an invalid format message on my tv - is there a fix fir... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Amber Felstead, Apr 20, 2024.

1. Xbox series s showing invalid firnwtbon lg tv - is there a fix?

My xbox series s used to work on my lg tv but ive been away and have reconnected it and now get an invalid format message on my tv - is there a fix fir this? Any help greatly appreciated

:)

Amber Felstead, Apr 20, 2024
  2. Amber Felstead Win User

Thanks so much for replying AJ ☺️ I don’t have another hdmi cable or port on my tv but I’ll try the other suggestion and get back to you. It’s so weird as my Xbox has worked on my lg tv before - I brought it home over Easter and now it’s playing up 😬
  3. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Amber! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your console.

- May I ask if you already tried using a different HDMI cable, or a different HDMI port on your TV?

Would you mind giving this a try?

Display reset:

• On the console, press and hold the power button until it shuts down.
    • Unplug your console for 1 minute.
    • Press and hold the power button and the Bind button until you hear a beep to turn on the console.
    You’ll hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. Do not let go until the second beep occurs.

If successful, this should boot your console in low-resolution mode. Please go to Settings > General > TV & Display options to adjust your display settings.

--------

Please let me know if this works, I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  4. Amber Felstead Win User

I tried what you suggested and after the 2nd beep the console turned off. When I turned it back on I got the same message 😢
  5. Amber Felstead Win User

Thank you! I’ll give that a go! 🙏🏻
  6. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Amber! Thank you for your reply.
    I'm sorry to hear that didn't work.

Do you, by any chance, have a different TV you could try with your console?

Also, could you give this a try?

- Press and hold your console's power button until it shuts down.
    - Unplug all external devices from the console's USB ports.
    - Unplug the console's power cord for 5 minutes.
    - On your TV, go to the settings menu and make sure special viewing modes like HDR, Game Mode, Dolby Vision, etc, are disabled.
    - Turn your TV off and unplug it for 5 minutes.
    - Plug everything back together.
    - Make your your HDMI cable is firmly plugged into bother the console and the TV.
    - Turn your TV on and check if the issues persist.

Alternatively, could you try booting your console to the Startup Troubleshooter?

• Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    • Wait 30 seconds, then plug the power cord back in.
    • Press and hold the BIND button, and then press the Xbox button on the console.
    • Continue holding the BIND for 10-15 seconds.
    • Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the BIND button after the second power-up tone.
    • The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
Thema:

1. Xbox series s showing invalid firnwtbon lg tv - is there a fix? - Similar Threads - series showing invalid

2. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  3. Xbox Series X not showing on screen after overiding display to HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X not showing on screen after overiding display to HDMI: My Xbox series x was not displaying on my screen and the HDMI was not being detected. I saw several videos and tried several things that told me that the HDMI cable and TV were not the problem. I...
  4. Xbox Series S dont showing up no Wi-Fi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S dont showing up no Wi-Fi: Hi, I recently moved out my old house and when I connected my Xbox it didn't show me any wireless network to connect, I've tried all the possible and imaginable solutions but it still doesn't work...
  5. My Xbox series s isn't showing any color and everything is black and white.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s isn't showing any color and everything is black and white.: My Xbox series s isn't showing any color and everything is back and white. I tried everything to fix it but it isn't working. Kindly advise as what to do next. 7c93afc1-8d01-4e43-9874-bd362b3f542a
  6. Windows 10 not showing xbox series s as wireless display.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 not showing xbox series s as wireless display.: My xbox series s is not displaying as a wireless display on my windows 10 pc. Both devices are on the same wired network, and i have the wireless display app open on my xbox, but it still doesn't...
  7. Beta not showing on xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    Beta not showing on xbox series x: I'm trying to update my xbox to beta for a month and I already post it here but nobody responded and u deleted my post so I'm saying it again I'm now in delta in the insider program and I'm trying...
  8. Having issues with Cbox Series X with Error Code 0x803f900e showing up.

in XboX Insiders
    Having issues with Cbox Series X with Error Code 0x803f900e showing up.: I’ve been playing Alan Wake 2 on my Xbox Series X for close to 20 hours now and recently I’ve getting this code 0x803f900e. It will close the game and push me to the Home Screen. It kind just puts...
  9. Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...: So last August (08 2023) I signed up for a Gamepass Ultimate Subscription (2 years) under the All Access subscription to get a Series X console. Anyways everything has been great until this past...
  10. Camera not showing on twitch stream Xbox series X

in XboX Insiders
    Camera not showing on twitch stream Xbox series X: Good afternoon! So, I’m not a big streamer or anything like that at all, but I do like to occasionally turn it on just for fun. The other night I was playing mlb the show 24 streaming with no...