Xbox series S screen stutters when I try to play on my 720p roku but it runs fine on my...

Discus and support Xbox series S screen stutters when I try to play on my 720p roku but it runs fine on my... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Okay, I know this might sound silly like yea it will probably run better on the higher quality monitor but the issue on the roku is that it still looks... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sammyboba, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Sammyboba
    Sammyboba Guest

Xbox series S screen stutters when I try to play on my 720p roku but it runs fine on my...

Okay, I know this might sound silly like yea it will probably run better on the higher quality monitor but the issue on the roku is that it still looks fine picture quality wise but there seems to be a bit of delay/stuttering from the moment I turn on the xbox to the moment I turn it off.

My question is do I really need a better tv for it to be able to run smoothly and get rid of the stutter? I would think that the only problem with it would have been the quality but that does not seem like the case. I would like to use my roku because it is a bigger screen but it definitely ruins the gameplay. Could there be another issue with my tv or even the HDMI cable ? Or am I going to have to bite the bullet and invest in a 4k tv?

:)

Sammyboba, Apr 18, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox series S screen stutters when I try to play on my 720p roku but it runs fine on my 1080p curved samsung monitor?

Hi Sammyboba! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Probably the situation is because of the refresh rate supported in the Tv or you are noticing the display input lag because it's to high, but to know exactly what's happening you will need to contact the Manufacturer or check the manual to know the specifications and requirements of the device
  3. marshall2389 Win User

My Xbox game clips are lagging

Your resolution may be the reason it's working. I run my Xbox Series S at 1440p and have capture stuttering like many people in this thread. Maybe the video compression works just fine if you're running your Xbox at 4k.
  4. JCSWW Win User

Netflix: No UHD on XBOX One S

My connection is 300Mbit down/20Mbit up. I can use the Roku 4's Netflix app fine and get content in 4k, but the XBOX One S is in a different room and used on a different TV. I usually keep my Roku in the bedroom on my old 1080p Samsung.
  5. Shaggy2000 Win User

Can then Xbox series X run a hdmi 2.0

Wow....................erm....................ok.

1: Im guessing Roku TV is either a specific brand of TV or a set top box or an app.

2: Can this TV/set top box/app run the Series X.

I assume you mean can the Series X run on the TV? if that's the question then yes, the Series X can run on pretty much any TV (apart from old CRT TV's)

3: But missed out the other stuff?

what other stuff?

4: Will it work on HDMI 2.0? yes it will.

Ive got to say though why are you buying a Series X when you have a TV that maxes out at 720p? that's like buying a Porche but then driving it everywhere at 30mph. You would be better saving your money and buying a Series S, all of the benefits of having
    a Series X are completely redundant if your are using it on a TV that can only display at 720p.
  6. TripleTopper321 Win User

Weak 3d in Blu ray

Actually my TV was in 720p mode and for some strange reason it doesn't have strong 3D and 720p mode but the 1080p mode is designed for 3D therefore the 3D looks better. As soon as I switched it to 1080p mode on the Xbox One S the 3D became more obvious.

The only reason I have it set to 720p mode before was because my VGA CRT can run 720p but not 1080p, at least not run it's without chopping off part of the screen.
Thema:

1. Xbox series S screen stutters when I try to play on my 720p roku but it runs fine on my... - Similar Threads - series screen stutters

2. I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...: I have a vizio smarttv model v405-G9 with an Xbox series s and the game In question is dying light 2 stay human reloaded edition When I play dying light 2 my screen keeps tearing every time I...
  3. Am I able to use dual monitors as 1 continuous screen on my Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Am I able to use dual monitors as 1 continuous screen on my Xbox series x: I want to be able to hook my Xbox series up to the 2 monitors and watch as I kick a ball on screen 1 and it'll appear on screen 2.. I don't want to duplicate/mirror the same image....
  4. Is local split screen not working on Xbox X series

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is local split screen not working on Xbox X series: Is Xbox split screen working after update to Fortnite today 3a69d581-243a-45c3-a402-8174b9aebd3c
  5. Xbox series S screen goes black on tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S screen goes black on tv: When i boot up elden ring, my tv screen goes black. I don’t know what is causing this problem and I just got elden ring and I really want to play soon. c811b97c-ca0f-47c6-8797-48eabe41f1f2
  6. xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens: Hello microsoft i have a problem with my xbox it's really frustating because i only have mine for a few months i always trusted xbox and now this happens on a brand new console that i paid a lot...
  7. Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game: I got my Xbox series X about a month or two ago and have had no issues. Today, every time I start a game that has HD enabled, my screen looks cracked with crazy bright colors. I tested non HD...
  8. Xbox series static screen fix

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series static screen fix: I've had a couple Xbox Series S With the gray static screen If you have this issue and have replaced the port and even the retimer chip and it still not working. Enter safe mode and reset...
  9. Static screen on Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Static screen on Xbox series X?: Has anyone else got a static screen freeze on their Xbox? I was playing and it completely froze up on me I noticed that in games that have ray tracing my Xbox struggles to keep up and it was in a...
  10. Hi everyone my Xbox series x is not responding to the button a when on Home Screen I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi everyone my Xbox series x is not responding to the button a when on Home Screen I have...: Urgent as Xbox not doing anything ca1586cd-ca3e-4e18-ad0d-9372ddc39e9f