Xbox Series S Raytracing

Discus and support Xbox Series S Raytracing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a Xbox Series S and I'm struggling to find out how to install the ray tracing pack for Cold War. I have searched through the game add on packs... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ItsTheOddOneOut, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Xbox Series S Raytracing

I have a Xbox Series S and I'm struggling to find out how to install the ray tracing pack for Cold War. I have searched through the game add on packs and haven't found anything. The game does support raytracing for the Series S and I have seen people with
    the Series S enable it. The installation pack simply isn't there. How can I find it?

:)

ItsTheOddOneOut, Dec 30, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Help Cold War raytracing series S

Hi,

The Series S version of Cold War does not have the raytracing feature.
  3. dempup Win User

How to play old games on XBOX Series S (disc versions)

Unfortunately yes. Or go for the Series X instead, if you still want an optical drive.

You can still use your Account on both consoles and use your Witcher 3 digital purchase on the Series S. CD Project Red has even announced that there will be a free update for Series S/X for current Witcher 3 owners, to utilize the power of your new system,
    like raytracing and faster load times.
  4. johnbarker8 Win User

Black Ops Cold War -Ray Tracing and HD Assets not downloading

I own the digital x/s version and had it installed (with HD assets) on the series s back in dec, just bought a series x this week transfered my games over looking forward to turning on raytracing to find it nowhere to be downloaded not on the install files or anything. Weirdly though I do have the install of HD assets still but that may have been from transfer between consoles instead of downloading it from the Internet.
  5. WalkingIrish42 Win User

Minecraft Raytracing on Xbox Series X/S

I agree. Minecraft ray tracing should of been ready for the Xbox Series X release. Really hope Microsoft announces something soon. I was disappointed when they dropped the Super duper pack. Draw distance should be also better on next gen consoles!
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

how do vulkan games like doom eternal run on xbox

Pretty sure they're not using Vulkan on Xbox.

How they run depends on what console you're using. On Series X they're excellent, and Doom Eternal even has raytraced reflections on the Series X hardware. The RT can drop the FPS to just below 60 occasionally, but it's largely flawless.

On the now older Xbox One S their resolution is limited to around 900P, but they run much smoother and in higher res on the One X and Series X.

If you've got a Series X, Doom 2016, Doom Eternal, Wolfenstein II The New Colossus and Wolfenstein Youngblood play really well. No major performance issues. Digital Foundry on YouTube have conducted extensive tests on these games. I would check them out.

Doom Eternal Next-Gen Upgrade: PS5 vs Xbox Series X/ Series S - All Modes Tested
Thema:

Xbox Series S Raytracing

1. Xbox Series S Raytracing - Similar Threads - Series Raytracing

2. Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet: I keep playing online games like Overwatch or siege and my Xbox disconnects from the internet and then reconnects. I’ve tried everything, I’ve turned off my wifi and turned it back on, I’ve...
  3. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  4. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  5. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  6. Why is my Xbox Series X lagging?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X lagging?: My Xbox is brand new, yet it lags terribly when I play online games, like Fortnite for example. I recently just switched over from my Nintendo Switch to the Xbox, expecting that performance would...
  7. Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...: The Firmware version on my Xbox Series X controller is 1.3.139.1125 I needed a Firmware update because my controller kept turning my screen black then back to normal and the controller being...
  8. When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...: When my controller (Xbox Elite Series 2) is in hair-trigger mode and I push down and continue to push down it makes this weird squeaking noise. This does not happen with my left trigger. I have...
  9. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  10. Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...: Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an actual DVD please help i really want to plyto play y, e5f5ca56-d564-47d1-aa93-b40ef50b43d7