Xbox Series S randomly shutting off mid-game?

Discus and support Xbox Series S randomly shutting off mid-game? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For whatever reason, my console has been shutting off, seemingly when it uses too much graphics power. I'm not sure if it's overheating or not, but I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tanner Gremmert, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Xbox Series S randomly shutting off mid-game?

For whatever reason, my console has been shutting off, seemingly when it uses too much graphics power. I'm not sure if it's overheating or not, but I haven't gotten any warnings that the console is hot or anything

My console is also in Preview Omega, so I'm not sure if that's the reason or not either

:)

Tanner Gremmert, Jul 1, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

The shutdown is to prevent data corruption due to errors. If you do not get an overheating message this is nothing to worry about

You should file a report about the bug when you reboot by holding down the xbox button and choosing "report a problem". This information is sent to the developer to hopefully address the issue.
  3. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello Tanner!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

This could be happening for 3 factors. Hardware (would give an overheating warning), network (conflicting servers, can't access and shuts down) or Insider version really.

As it is not accusing any warning, let's do a network test.

Get out of the insider version!

Launch the Xbox Insider Hub on Xbox One or a Windows 10 PC.

On the main landing page, select Settings.

Select Manage Devices and choose the one you want to remove from the program.

Select Done.

Then Use your cell phone it in router mode(hotspot), and connect your console to this cell phone's wifi network, please.

Check if it still turns off, if it continues then I advise you to call your warranty

Enter the link, register the console.

After, click on it, go to 'online service'. In the category put hardware and drivers and fill in the form with your data.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  4. SammyVS Win User

Xbox Series S randomly shuts off.

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

Reset the console to factory defaults, you won't lose anything but you will need to log in with your account again. Email and password are required.

Follow this path and select reset keeping games and app.

In 5 to 10 minutes you will finish reconfiguring your console

To reset the console>

Settings> System> Console Info> Reset Console

**Do not reset the console without having your login information such as email and password

If the problem persists, try reinstalling these games. If the problem still persists, I'm afraid the console will need to be sent in for repair.
  5. Just a Volunteer Win User

Xbox Series S shut offs randomly

Check console Settings>General>Sleep mode and startup to ensure the console isn't set to shut down after 6 hours of use. It's the very first option. I set mine to never turn off.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox Series S shut offs randomly

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Akeem

Is your Xbox Series S enough ventilated?

Unexpected shutdowns are related to over heating, you can check required distance in the link below :

"For proper ventilation and to prevent overheating, be sure that your console has a minimum of 4-6 inches of clearance on all sides. Do not place your console inside an enclosed cabinet. Make sure that none of the console’s vents are blocked"

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

I have a Series S too, purchased year and a half ago. Zero problems on it

I just make sure to ventilate it properly as explained above.

If maybe the issue persists I can advise you another two things to try before submitting a repair order:

1. Factory reset your console deleting local content

Go to Settings > System > Console info > reset and then select remove everything

2. In case you didn't try it, could be nice perform an offline update for your console. In that way Xbox system will be installed from scratch.
    For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with steps):

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S randomly shutting off mid-game? - Similar Threads - Series randomly shutting

2. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  3. Xbox series s randomly restarted itself

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s randomly restarted itself: I was watching a twitch stream without any heat issues and my Xbox randomly shut off without that sound that it makes when it shuts off then immediately turned back on like i pressed restart. This...
  4. My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly: Hello, recently I've been having this issue when playing a game where my controller would randomly disconnect and reconnect even in wired on PC, I tried other usb cables, batteries, another pc,...
  5. Series x randomly shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x randomly shutting down: Hi all, I have a series x since release and have never had any issues but lately the console shuts off on its own while playing a game. I have had it cleaned by a store that has looked after all...
  6. My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S: My elite series 2 core controller has been working just fine for the past 8 months since I have had it with no issues then today it won’t stay connected to my Xbox, the controller will start to...
  7. Xbox Series X randomly shuts off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X randomly shuts off: Hello, I see this a lot but I can’t find anything concrete to solving the issue. Recently bought this console in August. Upon playing certain games it would just turn off, controller still on. It...
  8. Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error: Hello, my Series S will consistently shut down after a certain amount of time running a game. At first I thought there was some issue overheating because that was the error message that I received...
  9. Xbox Series X randomly shuts off after 5-10 minutes of gameplay

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X randomly shuts off after 5-10 minutes of gameplay: So, here’s one I haven’t been able to find a solution for… As the title says, my Series X randomly shuts off only after 5-10 minutes of gameplay. Literally. It is in shut down power mode, so...
  10. New Series X randomly keeps shutting off

in XboX Insiders
    New Series X randomly keeps shutting off: Need some help here. Purchased a Series X online this week and received it today. Had no issues while I set it up earlier, and it stayed on for a good hour and a half while downloading a game....