Xbox Series S Power/Controller issues

Discus and support Xbox Series S Power/Controller issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all, so my Series S and my bf's are in the same room about 5-8 ft apart. Today, while I was gaming, he turned his Xbox on and mine promptly turned... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by taintedbeef2, Jun 29, 2022.

1. taintedbeef2
    taintedbeef2 Guest

Hey all, so my Series S and my bf's are in the same room about 5-8 ft apart. Today, while I was gaming, he turned his Xbox on and mine promptly turned off. I was wondering if this is a crosstalk situation and if there's a fix? Or if someone else is having this issue. Thanks in advance!

:)

taintedbeef2, Jun 29, 2022
  2. Yussif AlOmar Win User

Xbox Series S controller freezes and disconnects but the light on the controller stays on

i have same issue

Xbox Series S controller freezes and disconnects but the light on the controller stays on,
    The problem happened to me a lot and the batteries are new, and i did power cycle, The device and the control were updated

my device xbox Series s, i got it two days ago
  3. taintedbeef2 Win User

You're the best dude. I'll try that out tonight
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Don't worry, I got it when you said crosstalk

Could be an strange issue with the latest Xbox firmware.

I can advise you one thing more to try:

Perform an offline update for both consoles. In that way Xbox system will be updated/installed from scratch.

For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with steps):

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

That should fix the issue.
    But if in the worst scenario it persists
    You may need to submit this feedback with Xbox team :
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I hope the offline update finally does the trick on the consoles buddy!

Wishing you the best of lucks
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

That's very strange, try power cycling both consoles just in case:

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.
    Also disconnect your router from power for about 3 minutes
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S Power/Controller issues - Similar Threads - Series Power Controller

2. My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off: Xbox Series S was powered off and almost caught fire. It was sitting plugged in on a brand new power strip and I started smelling a weird smell, I looked around and my Xbox was off but smoking a...
  3. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  4. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...: I've also noticed that even the usb is inconsistent and every cord I've used needs to be held at a certain angle to make the controller work. I've already updated the controller's firmware, tried...
  5. Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...: Bought controller bundle in december. It's never been 100 percent but has gradually stopped working. At first it would work for awhile or after 'tapping' it. Lightly....
  6. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...
  7. Xbox Series S, No controller, No HDMI, powers itself off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S, No controller, No HDMI, powers itself off.: I have an Xbox Series S, and recently it began having a severe issue making the console completely unusable. I connect the power cable to the wall, and a good confirmed working HDMI cable to the...
  8. Series X Boot Problem When Turned on via Controller Just After Plugging Power Cord in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Boot Problem When Turned on via Controller Just After Plugging Power Cord in: My brand new Series X has this strange behavior but I'm not sure if I should return it or even if this a problem I shall be worried about. On the other hand, I would rather return it now instead...
  9. My xbox series x controller power button are scrathed and the colour are faded what I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller power button are scrathed and the colour are faded what I...: My Xbox Series X Controller did get scratched and the color did get faded on it what I should in this case or situation any suggestion or advice the help are appreciated be kind if you not mind...
  10. Series S controller won't power on and is making a buzzing noise when plugged in via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S controller won't power on and is making a buzzing noise when plugged in via USB: My controller has randomly stopped working, it was working fine the last time I used it. Nothing is wrong with the USB cable or the Xbox because my other controller works fine. There is a buzzing...