xbox series s power cable loose

Discus and support xbox series s power cable loose in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i bought a series s in december and the power cable has always been loose. was wondering if this was normal or is it meant to be tight?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Joshl133, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Joshl133
    Joshl133 Guest

i bought a series s in december and the power cable has always been loose. was wondering if this was normal or is it meant to be tight?

:)

Joshl133, Aug 17, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

It's not normal. it should fit on the power port. If you have a different power cable that you can try that would be great in that way we can isolate if it's the cord or the console itsefl.

If it's the console, you can definitely create an order to get it repaired and make it right.
  3. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @Joshl133! I hope that you are doing well today!

Normally, The power supply cable shouldn't be loose. However, If you are not noticing any performance related issues or random shut downs on your Xbox Series S console, I would recommend just keeping a close eye on it. If you do happen to run into any performance related issues, come on back here and let us know.
  4. Rei-B7856166-2D88-43 Win User

xbox 360 slim 250gb keeps freezing on games and other places.....

could it be that the power cable is loose? sometimes when the power cable is loose somewhere, it causes the xbox to freeze
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series s gets very hot

my power cable is kind of loose, when I push it a little bit harder it stays there but still feels like it’s loose but this didn’t cause any problems yet
    Hi

I've read of this issue with certain consoles. It won't be a cause of heat though.

The power cable is a fig 8 cable. They're not propietory to the Xbox Series, you can buy a replacement online.
  6. John P_14 Win User

Xbox series X loose power cable

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

It is not uncommon for the power cable on an Xbox Series X console to become loose over time, especially if it is frequently removed and reinserted. If the power cable falls out easily when you are playing, it could be an indication that the port on the console or the cable itself is damaged or worn out. In this case, it may be necessary to replace the power cable or the port on the console in order to resolve the issue.

To determine whether the power cable or the port on the console is causing the problem, you can try using a different power cable to see if the issue persists. If the problem persists with a different cable, it is likely that the port on the console is damaged and may need to be repaired or replaced.
Thema:

1. xbox series s power cable loose - Similar Threads - series power cable

2. My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off: Xbox Series S was powered off and almost caught fire. It was sitting plugged in on a brand new power strip and I started smelling a weird smell, I looked around and my Xbox was off but smoking a...
  3. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  4. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...: I've also noticed that even the usb is inconsistent and every cord I've used needs to be held at a certain angle to make the controller work. I've already updated the controller's firmware, tried...
  5. My Xbox Series X Power Button light seems to be going out

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X Power Button light seems to be going out: The light on the power button looks like it is burning out. I do not have night mode active or the custom dim set up. Is this just a matter of the led or is it indicative of a potentially bigger...
  6. Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update

in XboX Insiders
    Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update: Hi, i use a powered USB Hub with two HDD's and a Logitech Dongle since i own my Series X. After the last Update, it stopped working, so my 2 HDD`s won't work anymore:( Tested the Hub with my PC...
  7. Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...: I feel like I have tried Every trouble shoot that I can find on Microsoft support about audio, privacy, Nat type, headphones and I'm still having to power cycle my console to be able to hear my...
  8. Where can I purchase a power cable for my Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can I purchase a power cable for my Series X?: Recently I started having trouble with my Xbox, whenever I turn it on it makes a strange / worrying scratching noise but this only happens after it has been off for a long period of time so I am...
  9. Will Xbox Series X bought in Ireland work okay in Brazil? What voltage the power cable can...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Xbox Series X bought in Ireland work okay in Brazil? What voltage the power cable can...: Will Xbox Series X bought in Ireland work okay in Brazil? What voltage the power cable can hold? Thank you. 0c31c43f-119b-428a-8f12-33ea4c7c5c07
  10. Where to get a power brick/adapter and power supply cable for Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where to get a power brick/adapter and power supply cable for Xbox Series X?: I lost my power brick and power cable for my series X. Looked online but it seems like nobody sells them separately from the console. All I found was some third party companies’ adapters which I’m...