Xbox series S ,Play Netflix Dolby 5.1 Source Problem

Discus and support Xbox series S ,Play Netflix Dolby 5.1 Source Problem in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Xbox series s Select Dolby Atmos for speaker (hdmi only) When playing Netflix Dolby 5.1 movie source, the dialogue sound on the preview page is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by 郑舟, Nov 2, 2022.

1. 郑舟
    郑舟 Guest

Xbox series s Select Dolby Atmos for speaker (hdmi only)

When playing Netflix Dolby 5.1 movie source, the dialogue sound on the preview page is normal. After playing, the dialogue is silent

Speaker, select Dolby Digital to play Netflix 5.1 movie source, and the conversation is normal

https://youtu.be/i3a63Q94wrw

:)

郑舟, Nov 2, 2022
  2. FlybyDutchman Win User

No dolby atmos when streaming

I have the problem that Netflix Dolby Atmos is not working with the x box S, if I try to play a series with Dolby Atmos, then Netflix give the text:

This title can not play try later?

Configuration is ok at the x box s and all other content without Dolby Atmos will play correct.

If someone have a solution?
  3. Goofy19781 Win User

New update causes avr Dolby atmos problem

Yes i have the same problem with the one x with netflix.

The atmos logo is always on in the display but there is no sound from al the speakers with a 5.1 or 2.0 source.

With a non atmos source the receiver can upscale with dolby surround or dts neural x so it must be.

Blu ray works fine without atmos pushing so the receiver can do the upscaling.
  4. Goofy19781 Win User

Atmos Problem

Dolby Surround is a upscaler from a not atmos source like 5.1 or 2.0 to surround with use of al your speakers like 5.1.2 or higher.

dts neuralx is the same upscaling system from dts

You had no problem with atmos, you think you had.

Now with the new firmware update the xbox one x is a broken thing with netflix

With a non atmos source the receiver must do the upscaling but now the xbox puts out a 2.0 or 5.1 stream in a atmos package, and no sound is comming out your atmos speakers.
  5. RomiDumitru Win User

Dolby Atmos audio from Xbox One is delayed

Hi

I have the same problem like you. I have an Xbox One X connected through HDMI cable to an Onkyo amplituner 7.1 which is capable to decode Dolby Atmos & DTS X.

I have installed Dolby app on my Xbox to get Dolby atmos sound and the result was that I have on all the games no matter if these are with sound in Dolby Atmos or not only in Dolby Atmos.

Is very strange to get that. I have supposed that when I buy a game with sound in Dolby Digital 5.1 to have Dolby Digital 5.1 and when I buy games in Dolby Atmos to get Dolby Atmos in my amplituner Onkyo.

The same problem I have with all the movies from Netflix. I installed the Netflix app on my Xbox One X and now all the movies I see have sound in Dolby Atmos, even if in the name of the movie on Netflix it is said the sound is recorded only in Dolby Digital

What to do in that situation ?......I have tried every settings on my Xbox without any result.......When I put settings on output sound in Xbox everything I played is all in Atmos.

Like you said: "We don't need everything to be upscaled to Atmos, we just want Atmos to work on stuff that is Atmos as it should!"

Thanks in advance for everybody give me every piece of advice

Romeo.
  6. Peter Rog Win User

Netflix Not Outputting Dolby Atmos On Xbox One

ok. Help mee out with something.

Netflix indeed still does not give "atmos" at my receiver. But i found something weird. If you change your xbox to DTSX or Dolby/DTS and start the netflix app, the icon for atmos is gone. Simply because netflix sees you dont have support for it.

Then, next step. Enable atmos and go to the netflix serie/movie you like. Listen one minute and change it to the version without atmos, do only 5.1. The audio is, according to my receiver, exactly the same. Dolby Surround with PCM codec. But the audio SUCKS HARD. If i play the same with 5.1 (Atmos) again i can instantly hear more quality/surrond/voice performance.

i read somewhere its only cosmetic... maybe that is true?
Thema:

1. Xbox series S ,Play Netflix Dolby 5.1 Source Problem - Similar Threads - series Play Netflix

2. Xbox series x internet problem when playing game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x internet problem when playing game: My xbox series x console gets very slow connection or disconnects from internet when playing game. It happens only on wifi connection, it works well with wired connection. On the idle screen, or...
  3. So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...: I've heard that sometimes it's either the servers that tank or that some Microsoft engineers just like messing with paying customers? Error code : 8015190E 0c7de9e7-a8c8-4c36-96d7-c82a6823deb4
  4. I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying...: I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying theirs either a "sign-in issue" or "Can't connect to internet" it wasn't doing this a few month ago. any...
  5. Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live when trying to play Dead Space 3 on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live when trying to play Dead Space 3 on my Xbox Series X: I’ve been trying to play Dead Space 3 with a buddy or in general on my Xbox Series X. When I do I get disconnected from it frequently and am unable to stay connected for long. How do I fix this...
  6. Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s: I am trying to play games on my external SSD however they won’t run I know Xbox series x/s spec games don’t work and have to be run off the internal but the games I’m trying to play are older...
  7. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  8. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  9. I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...: I have a vizio smarttv model v405-G9 with an Xbox series s and the game In question is dying light 2 stay human reloaded edition When I play dying light 2 my screen keeps tearing every time I...
  10. my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s: I have done all updates, turned on remote play, It connects to the app on my phone but not on my laptop. Pls help 30d77d8c-473b-4f10-b1f1-de9d5182f6a7