Xbox Series S Overheats after playing games

Discus and support Xbox Series S Overheats after playing games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This has been happening for about a month now. My Series S overheats and shuts off when I'm playing games like Fortnite, none of the vents are blocked,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by riverthomas, Nov 10, 2021.

  1. riverthomas
    riverthomas Guest

    Xbox Series S Overheats after playing games


    This has been happening for about a month now. My Series S overheats and shuts off when I'm playing games like Fortnite, none of the vents are blocked, it's stood up, but still shuts off after 30 minutes to a hour. it's annoying and I don't know if it's a device issue, any help?

    :)
     
    riverthomas, Nov 10, 2021
    #1
  2. MateusFontana Win User

    Xbox Series S Overheats after playing games

    Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

    First, welcome to the Xbox community. Could you tell if you get any overheating message when the console is turned off, or it just turns off without showing this notification?

    Anyway, I suggest you read the articles below.

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

    - I also suggest you try the alternatives below and see if anything changes.

    Try plugging the console directly into the power outlet, without using a line filter

    Try testing the console on another power outlet

    - If the issue is not resolved, I fear it may be a hardware issue that would require a repair, if your console is still under warranty you may be activating via the link below.

    https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...

    *Thank you in advance for contacting, I hope this can help you.
  3. Smwutches Win User

    Can both the XBox One X and Xbox One S play games for both the Series X and/or Series S?

    Xbox One games can be played on the Series S/X, but Series S/X games cannot be played on the One.
  4. Grit729 Win User

    I am interested in the new Series S & X consoles, but I have experienced some issues with Xbox consoles in the past.

    Yeah I agree with you that it isn't right, it's possible I have the worst luck ever when it comes to electronics.

    I know I placed that last one the Xbox One S vertically next to the TV cabinet, it was in shade and there was about 4-5 inches of clearance on that side, the rest faced in to the room, I remember it was summer and the room temp was around 28 Celsius. It was on for around 6 to 6 1/2 hours in total (as there were updates and a game download before I played on it). The overheat seemed to be responsible for killing it, as it crashed allot after it had cooled back down to room temp.

    I think I'll risk it and buy a Series X when they become available again (as only the Series S models are showing as stocked right now).
  5. Smwutches Win User

    ..

    An Xbox One S is not the same as a Series S. You would not be able to play Series S/X games on that console.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Kinect issue

    It overheats just by using it

    I'm a huge Kinect fan, but i gave up after 3 of the. Xbox one ones.

    Just a note, even with the UsB adapter it will not function on Series consoles as there is motherboard hardware required they lack
Thema:

Xbox Series S Overheats after playing games

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series S Overheats after playing games - Similar Threads - Series Overheats playing

  2. Xbox Series X Discord crashing..

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Discord crashing..: When loading into discord and swapping to game chat it crashes the xbox ui and disconnects me from the discord call never happened before the newest xbox update submitted by...
  3. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  4. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  5. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  6. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  7. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  8. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  9. Xbox series X. Overheat only only on F1 24

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X. Overheat only only on F1 24: Xbox series X. Overheat only on F1 24. And it’s not on for long either. Fine with everything else. Any idea what’s going on? 0d896216-b4c6-4698-9d93-695a63c1bdf5
  10. Xbox Series X overheats with high resolution games

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X overheats with high resolution games: My xbox overheats and powers off when I play high resolution games that are xbox series s/x enhanced. Games like Far Cry 6, Hogwarts Legacy, Dying Light 2 all crash when I play for a little bit....

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. cyberpunk 2077 is overheating my xbox series s