Xbox Series S on Energy Saving Mode

Discus and support Xbox Series S on Energy Saving Mode in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; On the Xbox series s with energy saving mode turned on, has anyone had issues with the console not fully turning off after 2 minutes or so. Mines seems... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JackChauhan, Nov 5, 2022.

  1. JackChauhan
    JackChauhan Guest

    Xbox Series S on Energy Saving Mode


    On the Xbox series s with energy saving mode turned on, has anyone had issues with the console not fully turning off after 2 minutes or so. Mines seems to still exhaust a little heat at a steady temperature of 25°c. When I boot the console up I get the proper cold boot with the sound and Xbox logo.

    I thought energy saving is meant to turn off the console inc fan and SSD completely? I’m on the newest OS update aswell. Factory reset don’t solve it. This has been happening since last year sometime in June/July update.

    :)
     
    JackChauhan, Nov 5, 2022
    #1
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    Xbox Series S on Energy Saving Mode

    Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

    Hope you're doing great today despite this Jack

    That's odd, nope. Your Xbox should turn on completely in less than 1 minute...
    May I know if you have the console connected directly to the wall?
    If not, please connect the console and try in that way

    Also, if you enable instant power on (standby) the same happens?
    Please test that
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    Xbox Series S on Energy Saving Mode

    Thank you, if you already tried the offline update as well (is not the same as the factory reset via settings)
    The best option is get your console inspected and repaired in the closest authorized retailer or where original parts are used
    Because this is not normal, right now you're the only one who I see with this problem
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    Xbox Series S on Energy Saving Mode

    Hi, probably the insider build is causing the problem.
    As you know, bugs and unexpected behavior is likely to happen.

    Please try leaving the insider program and check if maybe the issue persist with an stable build

    Or if you don't want to leave the program, the next step is report this problem via Insiders subreddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Xbox Series S on Energy Saving Mode

    If your system is still downloading, updates, or otherwise, doing maintenance activities, it will remain on until it finishes them, and then shut down
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    Xbox Series S on Energy Saving Mode

    Hi, that's really odd.
    If you don't mind, can you try testing the console on a different room / house?

    If not, may I know if you're using an insider build / beta OS in your console?

    If not, did you already tried to perform an offline update for your console?
    In that way Xbox system will be installed from scratch.

    If not, for this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with detailed steps and requirements):

    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
Thema:

Xbox Series S on Energy Saving Mode

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series S on Energy Saving Mode - Similar Threads - Series Energy Saving

  2. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  3. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  4. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  5. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  6. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  7. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  8. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  9. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  10. Xbox Series S energy mode and fan

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S energy mode and fan: Hello there, and thanks for your detailed (preferred)answers beforehand! I have several questions. The first question is: when the fan isn't working on a series s, do you recommend putting...