Xbox Series S not "upgrading" games

Discus and support Xbox Series S not "upgrading" games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I try to upgrade games on my Series S, it just says "installation failed" the second the upgrade starts. Updates work, just upgrades. Please... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by YourWorstCringe, Dec 30, 2021.

1. Xbox Series S not "upgrading" games

Whenever I try to upgrade games on my Series S, it just says "installation failed" the second the upgrade starts. Updates work, just upgrades. Please help. I've tried restarting my console, hard reseting it, etc... I have an external storage.

Just for testing, I uninstalled Fortnite (which was installed on External storage), and reinstalled it on internal. When I try launching it now, it says I need an update, but it can't get the update. (or something along those lines)

:)

YourWorstCringe, Dec 30, 2021
  2. ngocphi Win User

How to transfer games from our late father's Xbox One to our new Xbox S?

Well no only digital games will work on xbox series s

Disk gamed cant be ruined on series s only by upgrading to serirs x can you use disks gsmes
  3. Rostom L Win User

Recent screenshot captures are saying , the game title for Xbox one, even though the game and console are series x ?

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

I believe that you installed the game as Xbox One version. That's why it's giving you that label. Check this link https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/the-call...

If you want to upgrade to Xbox Series X/S version of the game, get the upgrade here https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/the-call...
    After purchasing the upgrade, search in the Xbox store for The Callisto Protocol:tm: for Xbox Series X|S to install the Xbox Series X|S version of the game.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Games that aren't series s/x enhanced look bad

Hi,

It's up to game developers to upgrade/enhance their games for a given platform. Nothing Microsoft can do about that.

Bear in mind that the Series S can not run Xbox One enhanced titles with their upgraded resolutions/graphics as the Series S has less RAM than One X. For a game like Soul Calibur 6 to have better visuals on a Series S or X, it would require the game to be updated by the same people that made the game unfortunately.
  5. Jonathan Hatt Win User

Turned off during factory reset

I ended up upgrading to the XBox Series S
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Cannot play any games with an X|S symbol.

To be clear, did you buy a One S or a Series S? Does it have a disc drive?

You shouldn’t get any upgrade prompts on a One S, X/S games will not run on a One S, if you upgraded the game to the X/S version, so if you have One S, you should decline upgrades
Thema:

Xbox Series S not "upgrading" games

1. Xbox Series S not "upgrading" games - Similar Threads - Series upgrading games

2. Upgrading to gig internet breaks series x and s network performance

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upgrading to gig internet breaks series x and s network performance: Hi. I bought a series x and upgraded to gig internet speed. My speeds became slower than before I upgraded. I had my ISP come out over ten times and they found no problems on their end. I have...
  3. Are These Fake or Genuine Xbox Series & Xbox One Controllers? And are They a Worthy Upgrades?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are These Fake or Genuine Xbox Series & Xbox One Controllers? And are They a Worthy Upgrades?: Hello Xbox friends, I'm about to buy a used Xbox controller but are these original Xbox Series Controllers to use on a PC (mostly to finish Shenmue 1, 2 & 3, the father of open world games and...
  4. Monitor upgrade for series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Monitor upgrade for series x: So I want to upgrade from playing on my TV to a monitor I was told xbox series x supports 120hz at 4k so which monitor should I buy to make sure I get the right one...
  5. If i purchased digital games on the series s and then upgraded to the series x will the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If i purchased digital games on the series s and then upgraded to the series x will the...: If i purchased digital games on the series s and then upgraded to the series x will the graphics quality for those games be upgraded to the x? 8809f9f0-652e-406e-86a4-8d79b353ef26
  6. Upgraded to a Series S finally and now my entire game collection is irrelevant?

in XboX Insiders
    Upgraded to a Series S finally and now my entire game collection is irrelevant?: So I just assumed that all of my installed disc games would be re downloadable through the “Owned Games” section like a dumbass without looking into this in advance. Just to confirm, if I owned...
  7. I recently upgraded to xbox series x i had games for xbox one can they become an series x...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently upgraded to xbox series x i had games for xbox one can they become an series x...: As an exmple gta 5 i bought the xbox one version will it become a series x or no 438cfa51-fa83-48da-bbc6-09117fce1d78
  8. Game sharing after upgrading to series x?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game sharing after upgrading to series x?: Hello, me and my brother gameshared previously but i recently upgraded from an xbox one to a series x, prior to this i was the one with xbox gamepass and would purchase all the games and he was...
  9. Can I upgrade an Xbox One version of a game and upgrade it to a Series X version?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I upgrade an Xbox One version of a game and upgrade it to a Series X version?: I accidently bought the wrong version of The Crew Motorfest for my console. I have a series X and just got the base game edition. However, I did not realise this until I had invested a lot of time...
  10. Starfield premium upgrade from game pass on xbox series x NOT LAUNCHING TOO EALY!!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield premium upgrade from game pass on xbox series x NOT LAUNCHING TOO EALY!!!!: Seriously sort this out, literally thousands of people are in the same boat, I bought the premium upgrade on Xbox Game pass for Starfield, and more than 30 minutes after the supossed launch time...