Xbox series S not showing up on TV, won’t go to Troubleshooting screen either.

Discus and support Xbox series S not showing up on TV, won’t go to Troubleshooting screen either. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have an Xbox series S that I’ve had for about 4-5 years. About 2 months ago I went to turn it on but it would not show up on the TV. After... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jeffrey F., Nov 13, 2022.

1. Jeffrey F.
    Jeffrey F. Guest

Hello,

I have an Xbox series S that I’ve had for about 4-5 years. About 2 months ago I went to turn it on but it would not show up on the TV. After trying every button combination including trying to get to the troubleshooting screen it would just not want to turn on. After it being on for 1 minute the console would shut itself off and the controller would not sync to the console either, it would just flash until it shut off on its own too. I finally decided it was dead and I could not fix it so I decided to sell it. When I found the selling policy at my local gamestop for consoles it said it must be able to be factory resetted or they would not take it, the problem is it will not turn on or go to troubleshooting!

I would like to sell it as I recently bought a Xbox Series X and I have no use for it. I also looked if I could repair it myself as I think it is a problem with the power unit and repair shops charge a big fee to fix one but Xbox does not make the power units for my console anymore and the only ones available are replicas of it or ones taken out of used consoles and sold as parts. I was wondering if you could give me any tips on how to fix the power unit or anything else that could possibly work but I am not sure if anything will work as I have tried every possible thing I have found in the internet and nothing has worked.

Do you think there is any possible way to fix it maybe?

Thank you!

:)

Jeffrey F., Nov 13, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

That was really strange…
    But I’m glad to hear that finally you were able to restore the console!

Don't hesitate to reach the community forums if you need help in the future
    For now take care and have a good day
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Jeffrey

Reading your thread, yes. Everything points to be a hardware issue / an issue with the power supply.

But unfortunately no one here in the community forums can advise with self repairs. Is against the community rules

The best option is get the console inspected in the closest authorized retailer / electronic repair shop
  4. Jeffrey F. Win User

Thanks for replying Josef!

Luckily I got my console to finally work after multiple attempts although it is a bit glitchy and I was able to factory reset it, thanks!
  5. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox console

Hello Dillybar54362,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with your Xbox One S showing a blank screen when starting up. To troubleshoot this, please check out this article:

Troubleshooting a Blank TV Screen

I hope this helps!
  6. EzequielNeves19 Win User

My Xbox Series S won’t show up on the TV

Hello Lrice14 how are you?

My name is Ezequiel I'm an Independent Consultant.

Apparently the problem really is on your Xbox One Series S.

Because if you've tested it with several HDMI cables on several TVs and it doesn't work, it's very likely that it's the console.

I'm sending you a link that has some tips you can do to see if you can connect to your TV.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/display-troubleshooter
Thema:

1. Xbox series S not showing up on TV, won’t go to Troubleshooting screen either. - Similar Threads - series showing won’t

2. Xbox series s showing invalid firnwtbon lg tv - is there a fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s showing invalid firnwtbon lg tv - is there a fix?: My xbox series s used to work on my lg tv but ive been away and have reconnected it and now get an invalid format message on my tv - is there a fix fir this? Any help greatly appreciated...
  3. Having issues with Cbox Series X with Error Code 0x803f900e showing up.

in XboX Insiders
    Having issues with Cbox Series X with Error Code 0x803f900e showing up.: I’ve been playing Alan Wake 2 on my Xbox Series X for close to 20 hours now and recently I’ve getting this code 0x803f900e. It will close the game and push me to the Home Screen. It kind just puts...
  4. Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...: So last August (08 2023) I signed up for a Gamepass Ultimate Subscription (2 years) under the All Access subscription to get a Series X console. Anyways everything has been great until this past...
  5. Camera not showing on twitch stream Xbox series X

in XboX Insiders
    Camera not showing on twitch stream Xbox series X: Good afternoon! So, I’m not a big streamer or anything like that at all, but I do like to occasionally turn it on just for fun. The other night I was playing mlb the show 24 streaming with no...
  6. Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...: On a Xbox Series S which I purchased a year ago, when I try to start Minecraft it shows the red game splash screen but right after that the light blink twice and then it closes the game and it...
  7. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...
  8. My Xbox series x won’t show wireless networks or connect to any network all day. I’ve reset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x won’t show wireless networks or connect to any network all day. I’ve reset...: I reset everything multiple times . Wi-Fi is on and everthing else is connected. 695eae9e-fd26-4c04-bb1e-0dea7ea69910
  9. My Xbox Series S won’t show up on the TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S won’t show up on the TV: I just got a new Xbox series S. It turns on and everything, connected to controllers and is able to be turned off by a controller as well. The problem is that it won’t show up on a TV screen. I...
  10. My xbox series x won’t stay on nor show anything on screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x won’t stay on nor show anything on screen: I’ve had my series x for about 6 months now and have had no issues. Last night I went to turn it on but the screen just stayed black. i thought nothing of it until today when i tried it again. I...