Xbox series S - No Signal Detected

Discus and support Xbox series S - No Signal Detected in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I know this is a common issue. I’ve read and gone through numerous guides trying to correct this and I’ve gotten nowhere, except deeper down the rabbit... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mr5007, Dec 19, 2022.

1. Mr5007
    Mr5007 Guest

I know this is a common issue. I’ve read and gone through numerous guides trying to correct this and I’ve gotten nowhere, except deeper down the rabbit hole of frustration.

I have an Xbox Series S I went to turn it on and I’m getting “No Signal Detected” on my 4k Insignia TV. The Xbox has been connected to this TV for over a year and worked perfectly.

The issue is not the TV:

All 3 HDMI ports function, I’ve tested by connecting my computer to them. All reading UHD 2160p on the tv info when connected to the computer.

I had also factory reset the TV.

The issue is not the HDMI cord:

I owned two which I tested by connecting the TV to the computer with no issues. I also went out and bought yet another HDMI cable to ensure I wasn’t just insane and still the same results. Works with the computer and no signal on the Xbox.

My only assumption is that the issue is the Xbox itself:

I’ve tried it on other TV’s and I have the same issue.

I’ve power cycled, I’ve tried dust remover, changing HDMI cords, flipping the HDMI cords around, tried updating, I unplugged everything for a half hour (hoping the gremlins would run away), and nothing.

I got it to start in low resolution mode but it won’t change to any other resolution. When trying it either reverts back to low resolution or I get the black No Signal screen. One time I did manage to get it to go to a higher resolution for about 15 min but I had green lines flickering through the screen and it would cut out to black continuously.

Also have tried a soft and then a hard reset….still same problem.

I’ve literally tried everything I can think of and I’m beginning to think there is no solution.

:)

Mr5007, Dec 19, 2022
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Thank you for letting me know. In that case I'm afraid the issue would be with the console's video card and would need to be repaired. You can set this up at https://account.microsoft.com/devices. Once set up and you hae received your shipping label via email you can pack up the console.

Please be sure to send only the console and nothing else as Xbox does not guarantee that extra items such as cables or controllers will be returned
  3. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello Mr5007, sorry to hear you're having trouble.

Please try power cycling the console by holding the power button on it for 10 seconds till it shuts down. Then unplug it for 30 seconds. Then hold the Sync button (left side near the USB port on the original Xbox One and just below the power button on the S and X consoles) and the Eject button for the console then press the power button and hold until you hear a second start up noise.

If you are using the Xbox One All Digital console then you only need to hold the Sync button and then press the power button to reset.

You should now see a new screen. Scroll over to Restart/Reset and reset the console to factory settings. There is an option to keep installed games and apps so you won't need to redownload them.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-net...
  4. Mr5007 Win User

I’ve already done this as stated above. In fact I did a factory reset twice now. It doesn’t help.
  5. Nursemorph Win User

How to transfer xbox one games to series x?

You should be able to do that, yes:

"Power down your Xbox One.

1. Unplug the external drive.
    2. Connect the external drive to your Xbox Series X, S.
    3. Power on your Xbox Series X, S.
    4. Wait for the external drive to be detected. This may take a couple of minutes.
    5. When the drive is detected, you are free to copy any games you want onto the Xbox Series X, S internal storage."
    Taken from here:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-transfer-data-xbox-one-series-x-series-s
  6. Mafia Films Win User

All of a sudden, no sound on DVD's or HD-Dvd's?? Weird

Welp fixed it myself.....damn that digital audio signal(s).

1. Receiver was switched off auto signal decoding. That is whatever signal is passed through to the receiver, DD 5.1 in this case, the receiver will detect and automatically play the signal. My receiver was set to a manual setting, and when the Xbox launched
    a DVD/HD-DVD the Digital signal was being sent through, but since it was not on AUTO it laid dormant looking for "manual" specified signal setting.

2. Same thing with Digital Stereo/Dolby Digital via xbox settings. It will try and send choice signal and if your equipment cannot decode it, no sound.

Whats nice is that my receiver makes a clicking sound when it switches/detects a new signal being sent. And when I didn't hear this sound It led me to my solution. Thanks Denon.

--
Thema:

1. Xbox series S - No Signal Detected - Similar Threads - series Signal Detected

2. New "no signal" problem with Xbox Series X on Hitachi TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    New "no signal" problem with Xbox Series X on Hitachi TV: New "no signal" problem with Xbox Series X on Hitachi TV I booted up my Xbox Series X for the first time on Thursday. It worked fine on my Hitachi TV. It downloaded games overnight. On Friday...
  3. Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv: This is pretty recent, but sometimes my series x will turn on but not be visible on screen (HDMI isn't working). Sometimes a hard reset makes it come back, but then it thinks my connection is...
  4. LG OLED C3 no signal error using Xbox Series X at 120hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    LG OLED C3 no signal error using Xbox Series X at 120hz: Hi Guys I am having intermittent ‘no signal’ errors using Xbox Series X at 120hz when changing from game to Home Screen (dashboard) on my LG OLED C3 tv. [img] I don’t have any problems using my...
  5. VGA monitor says no signal when connected to xbox series s with hdmi to vga adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    VGA monitor says no signal when connected to xbox series s with hdmi to vga adapter: Hello, I just got my hmdi to vga adapter to play my xbox series s on my vga monitor but when i turn my xbox on it just says no signal please can someone help me as I'm not sure what to do....
  6. My xbox series X I just got won't display a signal.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series X I just got won't display a signal.: I've tried power cycling, using different cables, TVs, nothing. Everytime I try to boot it into low power mode it turns itself off. 8f082a15-f652-4ae6-a995-8e76ee9a4438
  7. I’m trying to connect my Xbox series x to my tv but it keeps saying no signal so I don’t...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to connect my Xbox series x to my tv but it keeps saying no signal so I don’t...: I’m trying to connect my Xbox series x to my tv but it keeps saying no signal hdmi1 0f0e687a-ffc0-46f9-9877-46c013bbac3a
  8. XBox Series X no signal at boot, powers off

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X no signal at boot, powers off: Encountering an issue where I cant seem to get an HDMI signal no matter what I try. The console will only stay on about a minute or so before powering off. Console is located in well ventilated...
  9. Why do I get no signal from my Xbox Series X with the ultra high speed hdmi cable but with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I get no signal from my Xbox Series X with the ultra high speed hdmi cable but with...: So I connected my Xbox Series X to a samsung TV and it worked fine but then I disconnected it and then connected it back now with a no signal/unknown device showing that the xbox is detected on...
  10. Series X signal loss on game/app launch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X signal loss on game/app launch: This issue just randomly started happening in the last few weeks. When i turn on the xbox it boots up fine, however when i launch any app or game in 9/10 instances i will get the game launcher...