Xbox Series S Network Issues (Slow download/upload speeds)

Discus and support Xbox Series S Network Issues (Slow download/upload speeds) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! I have my Xbox Series S for over a year now, and since 2 days ago, I had poor network performance on it. The download speeds are around 10MB,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bhavik28, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Bhavik28
    Bhavik28 Guest

Hi!

I have my Xbox Series S for over a year now, and since 2 days ago, I had poor network performance on it. The download speeds are around 10MB, usually they are around 100MB +. The upload speed has been below 1MB consistently, usually this is around 15MB. This is causing massive latency spikes when playing multiplayer games, making it impossible to play.

I have not changed a single thing with the machine, it has been in the same spot for the entire year. It is connected using WI-FI and the signal has been at 100% at all times. My ISP and router has not changed either and no other devices in the house has had this type of issue. It seems to be isolated to the Xbox. My NAT is open and all ports (Port 88, 3074, 53, 80, 500, 3544, 4500) are open on the router too.

I have tried performing a full shutdown using the settings menu, clearing the alternative MAC address, changing the DNS settings, creating a static IP address on both the Xbox and router, and restarting every time, but none of those methods seem to work. I'm not sure what changed in the last 2 days.

The only solution that I found that helps is holding down the power button for 15 seconds and removing the power cable for a couple of seconds. When it boots up, it works as intended, only until I turn it back on in a couple of hours later. Then it goes back to the slow network performance. It is getting quite frustrating to keep performing this task every time I want to game on it.

I hope there is a solution to this problem!

Thanks!

:)

Bhavik28, Jan 7, 2022
  2. ClausReich Win User

Hello Bhavik28! I'm Claus, an Independent Microsoft Community Consultant for Xbox! Glad to be able to help you!

Given that you have already done quite a lot of troubleshooting, and based on the fact that when you do a cache cleanup (restarted the Xbox disconnecting the power cable) the console works correctly for some time and then returns to the same issue as before, it would interesting to perform a factory reset while keeping games & apps installed.

Make sure that you know the login credentials to all Xbox Live profiles currently signed in on your console, because they will be removed (including any games/subscription sharing with Home Xbox switches). Follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

3. Select Reset console.

4. On the Reset your console? screen, select Reset and keep my games & apps.

5. After you select one of the options, your Xbox console will begin the process of erasing the selected content and resetting itself to the default settings.
  3. Bhavik28 Win User

Hi!

Thanks for the help!

Factory resetting did end up working, but I had to remove all games and apps too. The first option (keep the games) did not make a difference.

Thanks!
  4. taidara Win User

Slow Download speeds for Xbox Series S

I’ve been noticing very slow download speeds on my Xbox Series S. I have a fibre network connection, and ran a speedtest showing around 950 MBps download and 950 MBps upload. When i download a game or app on Xbox, that number drops to around 50-100 MBps. It sometimes gets to 350-400, but it’s rare. Are the microsoft servers just slow?
    Where did you perform the througput test? On your Xbox?
  5. Zero The Hacker Win User

Hm, maybe slow internet? Xbox has been having issues lately it seems. When i run a network test it doesn't even show my upload or download speeds.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox one wireless upload speeds

Hi Sm1tt79,

When it comes to download and upload speeds many things come into play and can be a factor. If wireless for example, would say about 80% of the time you will not get the speeds you are paying for. For instance if your plan is 100 download 20 upload most
    times you will get between 70-80 download and around 10 upload. Wired connection as mentioned above is a lot more stable. Personally had issue with speeds, found it was an ISP box 12 blocks away that was causing the issue. We recommend connecting wired, run
    the detailed network statistic test and see what your speeds are then. The link provided is a guide for troubleshooting the issue

Troubleshoot slow game or app downloads on Xbox One

Try these out and let us know.

Brad
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S Network Issues (Slow download/upload speeds) - Similar Threads - Series Network Issues

2. Upgrading to gig internet breaks series x and s network performance

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upgrading to gig internet breaks series x and s network performance: Hi. I bought a series x and upgraded to gig internet speed. My speeds became slower than before I upgraded. I had my ISP come out over ten times and they found no problems on their end. I have...
  3. Xbox series s unable to connect to xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s unable to connect to xbox network: Logged off the console last night everything was fine. This morning its unable to connect to the network. Tried doing a console reset (power cycle) and then tried a reboot. Now it wont load up as...
  4. Xbox series X wont sign in to account and wont connect to xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X wont sign in to account and wont connect to xbox network: I have an issue where my xbox wont connect to the xbox network and wont sign in to my account. I have searched online and tried everything. I have restarted my console a bunch now and also tried...
  5. Xbox series X network & games issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X network & games issue: my Xbox series x works fine and connects to wifi but won’t load games on wifi. Like any game pass game will come up with a message about it being a trial to buy the game or check the subscription...
  6. Issues with network card on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with network card on Xbox Series X: Hi, I have been experiencing issues with my xbox connecting to my wireless network. Yes I have reset my router. Yes I have reset the xbox multiple. Yes, other devices are able to connect to my...
  7. Xbox Series X Network Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Network Issues: Hi all, So, I changed network provider last week, and now I cannot connect my series x through Ethernet cable, and the wireless signal is terrible. My Xbox, was connected into a single Ethernet...
  8. Xbox Series X network issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X network issues: Hello! I did not have any issues with the console for last two years but unfortunately now I'm not sure what is wrong and where to begin looking for solution. I couldn't find any similar posts to...
  9. When I connect my Xbox series x to my home Wi-Fi I have network issues when in game. It’s a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I connect my Xbox series x to my home Wi-Fi I have network issues when in game. It’s a...: When I connect my Xbox series x to my home Wi-Fi I have network issues when in game. It’s a 5ghz signal and my switch, pc, don’t have issues with it. I test the network and multiplayer connection...
  10. Xbox Series X Xbox Network issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Xbox Network issue?: So I got an Xbox Series X earlier this year and it's been working fine, I've had no problems with it but recently it's been saying that I need to connect to the Xbox network even though it's...