XBOX SERIES S makes a horrible noise and locks up

Discus and support XBOX SERIES S makes a horrible noise and locks up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just got an xbox series S a few weeks ago and I have to reset it often. It starts making this horrible sound like some old gaming systems would when... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Eugene_78, Apr 1, 2023.

1. Eugene_78
    Eugene_78 Guest

I just got an xbox series S a few weeks ago and I have to reset it often. It starts making this horrible sound like some old gaming systems would when the would freeze up and then eventually die. Omce ot starts makig the horriblw sounds It then starts to lock up and then freezes. I am generally able to reset it by resetting the xbox which takes some time as it keeps losing signal with my different xbox controllers. If I let it continue to glitch I have to reset it by holding down the shutdown button as it generally completely locks up. Once I get it reset. I am good to go generally till I shut it down or move my xbox to a different location. Is this problem normal? Is there a way to fix it from doing this? Do I need to get hold of Microsoft? Thanks for your help

:)

Eugene_78, Apr 1, 2023
  2. Eugene_78 Win User

I does happen on different games. I will try the factory reset. Thanks for the advice much appreciated!
  3. Rostom L Win User

Hi Eugene_78!

Sorry to hear about what happened. Let’s see what we can do about this matter.

Does the issue happen when you play a specific game or that happens to any game you play?

First, let’s try to perform a factory reset to remove potentially corrupted data on your console.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.
    On the Reset your console? Please choose “Reset and keep my games & apps”

If it’s still acting the same after the factory reset, I advise you to ask for a replacement or send it for a repair.

Check your repair options here https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  4. Rostom L Win User

I appreciate it. Thank you for your patience and time here in the community.
  5. Shadow7370 Win User

I can't register

It makes a strange noise locking up then goes back to the home screen.
  6. IgotTSondabrain Win User

My Xbox One isn't reading discs properly but their is no grinding noise?

mine was making a horrible grinding noise. sent it in on dec 4th....
Thema:

1. XBOX SERIES S makes a horrible noise and locks up - Similar Threads - SERIES makes horrible

2. Xbox series s making buzzing noise.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s making buzzing noise.: Hello, im Yasi, i have been facing some problems with my xbox series s, i have got it from 2022 around june. lately its been making a buzzing or wheezing noise on the left hand side of the xbox...
  3. How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?: Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 doesn't seem to work with wired headphones when on BT. Works fine when on USB.. how to make it work? I bought 2 of these expecting to use them with...
  4. When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise...: When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise with this aswell when I go on my Xbox it gets hot quickly and the Xbox makes some sort of ticking noise....
  5. Why’s is my Xbox series x making a clicking noise then stopping my installations

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why’s is my Xbox series x making a clicking noise then stopping my installations: Hi recently when installing some games my xbox gets about half way then clicks once or twice before stopping the install and I have to manually restart it any idea what this could be? It only...
  6. make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x: make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x 0c98e371-89d0-42b3-b2b3-9f0c23f85598
  7. Xbox Series X makes home wifi slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X makes home wifi slow: This is one of the weirdest problems I've ever seen. My friend brought over his Xbox Series X to download some games as his internet isn't good. I have 1gbps speeds and also own a Series X which...
  8. Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?: Does anyone know how to fix this? 2966b0b0-38b5-4363-b5a6-9f5cd45a4763
  9. if you make xbox series s next gen 2028 make it 24gb ram for developer

in XboX Insiders
    if you make xbox series s next gen 2028 make it 24gb ram for developer: if you make xbox series s next gen 2028 make it 24gb ram for developer idk what you guys thinking xbox series s now 7,7 gb ram you guys put xbox series 7,5gb ram for games next gen 2028, some game...
  10. Xbox series s. Keeps making the on noise twice. Then troubleshooting screen. Then resets to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s. Keeps making the on noise twice. Then troubleshooting screen. Then resets to...: When ever I turn my xbox on it makes the usual noise. After a few seconds it repeats the noise and then the troubleshooter screen comes on. I then attempted this and nothing but blank screen. I...