Xbox Series S large amount of dead zone when using remote play or cloud gaming iOS 16

Discus and support Xbox Series S large amount of dead zone when using remote play or cloud gaming iOS 16 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all. I have been using Xbox remote play on my iOS device, but I’ve noticed a large dead zone which isn’t present when playing on my Xbox locally. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SkyeDaFenn, Jan 5, 2023.

  1. SkyeDaFenn
    SkyeDaFenn Guest

    Xbox Series S large amount of dead zone when using remote play or cloud gaming iOS 16


    Hi all. I have been using Xbox remote play on my iOS device, but I’ve noticed a large dead zone which isn’t present when playing on my Xbox locally. I am also using the controller that came with my Xbox Series S connected through Bluetooth.

    :)
     
    SkyeDaFenn, Jan 5, 2023
    #1
  2. Georges C. Win User

    Xbox Series S large amount of dead zone when using remote play or cloud gaming iOS 16

    Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

    My name is welcome to the community.

    Hello SkyeDaFenn, there are some problems related to remote play on IOS 16 and at the moment we still don't have any official information of a solution.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. Ryan Rolfes Win User

    Xbox app. Remote play not working on ios 16

    As a follow up, my wife’s phone works fine with remote play, as she doesn’t want to upgrade to IOS 16 and still runs IOS 15 on her phone. I can’t manually “downgrade” my IOS version to IOS 15 as Apple stopped signing that version. So a fix needs to be found as a large part of the gaming community is experiencing this issue Microsoft!
  4. AndrewDean84x Win User

    Xbox app. Remote play not working on ios 16

    I am having the exact same problem. My iPhone running IOS 16 works great when using remote play from my Xbox series S (on the same Wi-Fi). However, if I am trying to use cellular 5G, it doesn’t work. I have tried everything and I can guarantee that this is an issue with the Xbox app or with IOS. If you are using iOS 15, you won’t have any issues using Xbox remote play over cellular. I have tested and can confirm that if you try and initiate an Xbox remote play session over cellular, it will send a signal that turns on your Xbox (I am sitting in front of my monitor), but on your phone’s screen, you will get an error message that says “We found your console but can't connect. Try from a different Wi-Fi or cellular network.”

    Please fix this Microsoft.

    Please also note that I work in the industry as a technology support specialist. I am part of the IT service desk that supports over 237,000 users. So, I have tried everything and unfortunately, this needs to be fixed on Microsoft’s end.

    Please also note that PlayStation remote play works flawlessly over cellular on IOS 16.

    Please also note that I have the latest version of IOS 16.1.1 and I also have the latest version of the Xbox app 2022.11.2

    There are dedicated Reddit threads to this - https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/xpmjdi/issues_with_remote_playxbox_app_on_ios_16/

    Thanks!
    I have this same exact issue. Cloud gaming works great over my 5G connection, but once I started with iOS 16, I can no longer remote play with my super fast cellular connection. I mean, heck, my cellular connect is faster than my WiFi.

    I don't know who is to blame here, Apple or MS. But one thing is for sure, it's not working as it should.
  5. GaseousDanny Win User

    Xbox app. Remote play not working on ios 16

    I am having the exact same problem. My iPhone running IOS 16 works great when using remote play from my Xbox series S (on the same Wi-Fi). However, if I am trying to use cellular 5G, it doesn’t work. I have tried everything and I can guarantee that this is an issue with the Xbox app or with IOS. If you are using iOS 15, you won’t have any issues using Xbox remote play over cellular. I have tested and can confirm that if you try and initiate an Xbox remote play session over cellular, it will send a signal that turns on your Xbox (I am sitting in front of my monitor), but on your phone’s screen, you will get an error message that says “We found your console but can't connect. Try from a different Wi-Fi or cellular network.”

    Please fix this Microsoft.

    Please also note that I work in the industry as a technology support specialist. I am part of the IT service desk that supports over 237,000 users. So, I have tried everything and unfortunately, this needs to be fixed on Microsoft’s end.

    Please also note that PlayStation remote play works flawlessly over cellular on IOS 16.

    Please also note that I have the latest version of IOS 16.1.1 and I also have the latest version of the Xbox app 2022.11.2

    There are dedicated Reddit threads to this - https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/xpmjdi/issues_with_remote_playxbox_app_on_ios_16/

    Thanks!
  6. IonBlade Win User

    Any fix for remote play from IOS 16 not connecting?

    No work.

    Still can’t remote play on ios16 with 5G data.
    Yup, remote play from any network outside of the network the Xbox is on is currently broken on iOS 16 and has been since iOS 16 beta's initial release.

    The Xbox team is aware of it - see Spartycrunch's response at https://www.resetera.com/threads/xbox-remote-play-is-broken-on-ios-16.652536/

    There's a thread on Reddit with dozens of people having the same issue. https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/xpmjdi/issues_with_remote_playxbox_app_on_ios_16/

    The reviews on the iOS app on the iOS App Store are filled with people reporting the same, if you sort by most recent reviews.

    The steps listed by Dérek will have no effect, as this is a bug in the Xbox app on iOS 16, not an issue with the Xbox or NAT configuration, as evidenced by the fact that Android, iOS 15 and below, and Windows devices will be able to remote play from the same Xbox out of network, but iOS 16 fails for those impacted.

    Microsoft has yet to formally acknowledge this in any known issues listings. The best we can hope for is that a fix goes in at some point, versus them continuing to sweep it under the rug.
Thema:

Xbox Series S large amount of dead zone when using remote play or cloud gaming iOS 16

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series S large amount of dead zone when using remote play or cloud gaming iOS 16 - Similar Threads - Series large amount

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  10. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...