Xbox Series S keeps turning itself on since update?

Discus and support Xbox Series S keeps turning itself on since update? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I have had my Series S for about 3 months now and never had a problem with it. I use Dev mode on it frequently. My problem started 2 days ago... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Horseman82, May 30, 2021.

1. Horseman82
    Horseman82 Guest

Hi all,

I have had my Series S for about 3 months now and never had a problem with it. I use Dev mode on it frequently.

My problem started 2 days ago when I started it up and the console said it need updating, so I updated it. The update went smoothly, but now when I have finished playing and turn off the console it starts back up about 30 seconds later.

I have checked that auto updates are turned off and that the console is in energy saving mode. According to the system update info the update was installed successfully and there are no new updates available.

I have tried the usual: restart, factory reset (lost all my work), I even did an offline update via the troubleshoot menu. When the Dev mode is not on my console it works fine and shuts down and doesn't start up until I turn it on. But the moment I install Dev mode it does it again.

Dev mode is the whole reason I purchased the console. I swear it must be something to do with the latest update because it only started after updating. I've no idea what to do. Can anyone help please?

:)

Horseman82, May 30, 2021
  2. Lockwood777 Win User

Yes, worked for me, thanks for testing!

Bit miffed I have to leave it in Instant On, but could be worse.
  3. gnk_original Win User

I have “kind of” found a solution. If I turn off my TV and it turns off the Xbox through HDMI then it stays off.
  4. Suyeta Win User

This is not helpful because it is the opposite problem. The Xbox turns back ON when you turn it off while still in dev mode. I have the same problem with Xbox Series X.
  5. CGNobles Win User

I am experiencing this same issue.
  6. Horseman82 Win User

Bit of an update. I contacted XBOX Support who told me to return the console for repair. They sent me a replacement console and it’s was fine until installed Dev mode and this one started doing it too so it’s definitely a software issue with XBOX so hopefully they will pull their finger out and fix it soon. I’ll have to leave it on instant on which I’m not happy about, but it’s better than nothing. Or I may just sell it.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S keeps turning itself on since update? - Similar Threads - Series keeps turning

2. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  3. My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?: All the solutions ive found online dont work... When i plug it into my console it stays on but the console doesnt detect it... 22e307cf-6d65-4fa8-a6d5-974c2e4109a1
  4. My xbox series S keeps making my router turn off/restart.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox series S keeps making my router turn off/restart.: Every time I try to install a game or update a game for longer than 20 minutes my router restarts. Now I've tried restarting my xbox even hard restarting it then I restarted my router and that...
  5. I can't access Xbox series X console, when I turn it on it keeps telling me to go to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't access Xbox series X console, when I turn it on it keeps telling me to go to...: I can't access Xbox series X console, when I turn it on I get a message to go to microsoft.com/link and enter a code. Where do I enter the code? c3e4ec3b-c415-46cb-bb34-bcea4197c1b4
  6. Xbox series x keeps turning itself off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x keeps turning itself off: Ever since I got it, right out of the box, I had trouble turning it on. It will make the little start up noise and the light will come on but it won’t actually start up. Then, anywhere between...
  7. Xbox series x keeps turning off on me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x keeps turning off on me: I had just downloaded deep rock galactic and was playing when suddenly my console froze up and then shortly after turned off. It then continued to turn off randomly every time after I turn it...
  8. My Series X controller keeps randomly turning off with fully charged batteries in it, and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Series X controller keeps randomly turning off with fully charged batteries in it, and...: So what does the battery symbol with the lightning bolt next to it mean? e15d5f09-747a-4384-8411-0d0d98cb2c7f
  9. When i attempt to turn my series s controller on it just keeps flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    When i attempt to turn my series s controller on it just keeps flashing: When i try to turn my series s/x controller on the light just flashes and my controller doesn’t turn on, it isn’t because my controller isn’t connected to my xbox because i have tried with a wire...
  10. Why does my Xbox series s keep on resetting every time I turn it on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series s keep on resetting every time I turn it on?: Im not sure this is happening I turn it on/off normally and I’ve only had it for 10 days. So I just turned on my Xbox and it says set up with the Xbox app. 3b7d6936-51d5-4215-8a8b-ba3c61eeb5fa