Xbox Series S keeps cutting off (Preventing overheating)

Discus and support Xbox Series S keeps cutting off (Preventing overheating) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have continued to receive a message of the console overheating, but my console is in a well ventilated area. My console cuts off after less than 90... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OBJr87, Jul 10, 2022.

1. OBJr87
    OBJr87 Guest

I have continued to receive a message of the console overheating, but my console is in a well ventilated area. My console cuts off after less than 90 seconds of gameplay. I have experienced the same issue over the last 5 days. The console is in the same location as my previous Xbox and I didn't have this issue. I have moved the console throughout my residence and plugged it into different outlets and I still continue to receive the same message. I even went as far as setting up my console at another residence and I still continue to receive the same message. Please advise.

:)

OBJr87, Jul 10, 2022
  2. ImAice Win User

Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that. Here are the steps that you can try for your concern.

Solution 1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Power mode & start-up.

Select from the Power mode drop-down menu and select energy saving.

Solution 2. Try to do a soft factory reset without removing any games and apps.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Settings > System > Console info > reset then keep my games and apps.

NOTE: This will delete the profiles on your account, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted.
  3. AridLizard Win User

Game not working

4. XBF - Drew Win User

Wyłączanie xboxa one x

Hello AnnaLeśniewicz,

Thank you for coming to Xbox forums for support. You mentioned you’re having issues with your console turning off 1-2 minutes and you’re getting a message that your console is overheating.

Here are some resources that you should take a look at if you haven’t already:

Setting up your Xbox Series X|S console provides requirements about preparing the space for the console in the “before you begin” section.

This link will take you to console overheating search results from support.xbox.com which provides more information about how to keep the console from overheating and how to position and ventilate the console.

Troubleshoot Xbox console unexpectedly turning off provides information about how to troubleshoot the console overheating.

Please let me know if any of these resources helps you resolve your issue.

XBF – Drew
  5. AridLizard Win User

Xbox Periodically Becomes Unresponsive

6. Georges C. Win User

Xbox Series S overheating

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Mohammad, when it says that your S Series is overheating, it turns off and the console shows the overheating warning?

Or when you are playing and depending on the game and room temperature the console fan increases the rotation and makes more noise than normal?
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S keeps cutting off (Preventing overheating) - Similar Threads - Series keeps cutting

2. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  3. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  4. YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?: So about 3-4 days ago I came home and turned on my Xbox and went to YouTube. A few seconds after just launching the app, my Xbox shut down. I tried it a few times, soft reset my Xbox, and...
  5. My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged: I paired my controller, it shows 100% battery on bluetooth panel but then from time to time it disconnect for a few seconds but during gaming it's fatal because my character dies because of that....
  6. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  7. How come my Xbox Series X keeps encountering party chat errors and can not play online...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How come my Xbox Series X keeps encountering party chat errors and can not play online...: Recently my Xbox Series X has been having issues whenever I try to join or start a party with friends. Error code 0x89231806 will pop up and I have done literally everything I can to fix it. I put...
  8. My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.: Since a few Months now my Xbox disconnects first the Controller, and then the Internet. To reconnect, I have to Restart the Xbox. I tried another Controller, another Network, even playing with...
  9. Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet: I keep playing online games like Overwatch or siege and my Xbox disconnects from the internet and then reconnects. I’ve tried everything, I’ve turned off my wifi and turned it back on, I’ve...
  10. Xbox series X screen has green dots and keeps cutting out. How can I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X screen has green dots and keeps cutting out. How can I fix this?: My xbox series x screen has green dots in the background and keeps cutting out after about 20 seconds consistently. I have checked all hdmi cables and there's no issue with other devices. Anyone...